Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Lee and Clementine, or Joel and Ellie?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Lee and Clementine, or Joel and Ellie? (58 votes)

Lee and Clementine 29%
    Joel and Ellie 45%
    Both equally! Hard to choose, so I won't. 16%
    Neither. 2%
    I haven't played The Last of Us or The Walking Dead. 0%
    I didn't play The Last of Us. 2%
    I didn't played The Walking Dead. 7%

Which relationship were you more attached to, for a lack of a better word? For me, it's probably about equal. While Joel was hesitant to take the role on initially, he grew to love her as he kept being reminded of his past, and who he had lost, while Lee took it upon himself to protect her, as he knew Clementine lost the ones she loved, and he felt he could be a better person for what he had done in the past. In the end, they were like father and daughter. Which one made you smile, laugh, perhaps cry, or just feel a strong emotion over? To me, they are similar in ways, so I wanted to ask. It also makes me think about the best moments in each game between the characters. And spoilers, what were your favorite moments between them, and how do they compare to one another?

• 
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By NTM

Oh, and I mean all encompassing. For instance, I don't just mean the times they are together, like how Clementine refers to Lee in Season Two, or has a certain moment near the end which I won't spoil.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I really, really liked the Walking Dead. But it isn't close at all for me. The Last of Us had a far more powerful relationship at its core, and it was buoyed by some of the best atmospheric world-building we get in games.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@geraltitude: Yeah, I can agree with that I guess. I guess I just love the characters the same, but perhaps the relationship between the two isn't treated as equally. I mean, I was surprised when I played The Walking Dead, because while we knew how they felt about each other, Clementine didn't seem to be in it quite as much as I would have thought. Also, the world building to me is a different topic, though in The Last of Us, it's arguably my favorite aspect of the game. It makes me think of a time when the world is hit with a disaster of some sort, and the buildings where humans inhabited years ago are abandoned, with their belongings still there, and everything rotten around it and/or enveloped with flora. Or the times when places were flooded. It all felt very plausible to me, and sad. That is a huge part in why the game is so appealing to me, because it's not just about 'zombie' killing, but about humans, and places people used to live in or visit. The only thing that took me out of it was when you'd come across a wall or desk and see a photo of someone, then go further in the game, and see the same one, as if multiple people knew this one person. I also really liked The Walking Dead's setting though, in both the first and second season, and kind of in the same way, though there weren't as many years that had passed, and the game was more linear. Between the two games, and I mean for both The Last of Us and Left Behind, as well as Season One and Two of The Walking Dead, the only reason I like The Last of Us a bit more is because the gameplay is better. The Walking Dead is completely fine, and I enjoyed actually playing it, but it's simple and limited.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think the walking deads overall story/characters are highly overrated. It was good in that hokey telltale sort of way, but it wasn't really captivating in the same way the last of us is. So Joel and Ellie, 100%

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.