Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Ok, we know the ending, can we 'break' the game? *SPOILERS*

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MysteriousFawx

As soon as I get enough time off work I have 1 thing I want to try....being an utter scumbag the entire playthrough.

And I don't just mean in general, I mean to Clem, whenever possible. I want to make Lee the worst guardian ever and see if the game still has the emotion in the ending. As far as I can tell nobody is actually insane enough to want to be horrible to her on a normal playthrough (if you've already had this plan and made a second save file to test this, feel free to post results) so I'm curious if Telltale actually accounted for that possibility.

Anyone else really curious to try something and see how it all spins out in the end? I'd love to know if its possible for the stranger to find no faults with you, although I'm guessing he'll just start complaining about forced choices that you couldn't change so he can stay as the villain.

Either way, FANTASTIC game, will definitely replay it fully at some point.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By D_W

I wanted to do something similar but instead just always pick "..." as the choice.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to 'break' the game too much. None of the choices seem to have particularly dynamic consequences.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By damswedon

@D_W: Look on youtube for The Walking Dead The Silent Treatment for that exact thing

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@D_W: I did that around the time episode 3 came out just to try it, theres a few spots you'll hit where the game straight up forces you to make a choice. If you keep quiet they just ask the same question again or say 'well?'. I'm pretty sure it could lead to some interesting situations though.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I think I will go back to this game in a couple of years when the story isn't so fresh in my mind, I made my choices and that was my story. I was already a dick most of the time always choosing the violent option when possible because at the end of the day I'm playing a dude that killed his wife.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Bourbon_Warrior

I think I will go back to this game in a couple of years when the story isn't so fresh in my mind, I made my choices and that was my story. I was already a dick most of the time always choosing the violent option when possible because at the end of the day I'm playing a dude that killed his wife.

I'm pretty sure you only killed the man she was having an affair with. I don't think it was actually her
    supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By supertuna

@damswedon said:

@D_W: Look on youtube for The Walking Dead The Silent Treatment for that exact thing

There's also a scumbag Lee video. It's actually pretty funny.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Sackmanjones said:

@Bourbon_Warrior

I'm pretty sure you only killed the man she was having an affair with. I don't think it was actually her

Was pretty tired when I was talking with the stranger must of misheard him.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

I'm not sure I have the heart to do this. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.