Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Technical issues!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

Despite The Walking Dead's pretty outstanding narrative, both episodes have been rampant with some annoying technical issues for me (besides the pretty terrible glitch that causes the game to interpret your choices incorrectly, an issue that seems very widespread). The game has been stuttering a lot, specifically during scene transitions and whenever I have to make a decision or choose a dialog option. During the last scene on the farm at the end of episode 2, the game literally froze for about 10 seconds as the group was leaving. It came back, chugged and stuttered some more, and then went smooth again.

It's pretty rough. I've been looking past this stuff to enjoy what the game has to offer, but sometimes it's been enough to completely halt the momentum and tension, especially at the end of episode 2. How many of you are also getting these issues? I'm playing on Xbox 360.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Yeah it has been a problem with the 360 version specifically. I've been having the same problems to. :(

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

that happened to me as well on 360. the preview for Episode 3 at the end was pretty much ruined by the horrible freezing between scenes

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By natetodamax

@AjayRaz said:

that happened to me as well on 360. the preview for Episode 3 at the end was pretty much ruined by the horrible freezing between scenes

Yeah, that happened to me too.

I was hoping this was just an issue exclusive to the first episode, but I guess it isn't. Hopefully Telltale irons this stuff out for future episodes.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts

I also have had some issues with this game runnning on my 360. Also had the game completely go with the wrong choice I made from episode 1. If it wasnt so damn good otherwise I would suggest people stay away.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ramone

It's was really bad for me in the first episode but it was much better for the second one strangely.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

Its been pretty good for me on Ps3. Some stuttering here and there, but pretty good overall.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@Voxel:I had these issues to such an extent that when it went on Steam sale at 40% off, I purchased it for my PC instead and gave up on the console version. All I can imagine is that by part 5, the game will be toying with so many variables and choices that it'll take about 30 seconds after every dialogue to backcheck all of your previous responses and pick something out.

So far, zero load/stutter issues with the PC version.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By gaminghooligan

on the 360. It tends to freeze randomly for 1 or 2 seconds then picks back up. Not a huge deal though, since the game is worth the minor hassle

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RazielCuts

It was so bad for me in the first ep I had to switch it off. It kept on hanging when it autosaved and did this specifically at the kitchen scene with the zombie coming after you, it would hang but the action would still be going on and I'd get eaten. Super annoying. Was playing on OSX before and have download it on a BootCamped Windows 7 now so hopefully it works better with that.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Yup.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got done with ep. 2 and throughout the entire episode I was just shaking my head. How do you release something like that?

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I've had no issues on the PC version so far and I assume the issues will be solved later for the console versions. Telltale is pretty busy right now releasing these episodes every month and on every platform :S

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ducksworth

I've noticed a few but nothing too bad. I just bought and completed episode one and there were two particular points where I had an issue. There was one point in the game where I died and when the game reloaded it looked like it didn't load properly and I was stuck in a mess of strange geometry and textures. I attempted to move around but no luck, even a reload of the save file had no effect. Thankfully there's a rewind feature built in the game and I wasn't set too far back.

It's a Telltale game though so I expected some shoddiness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.