Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

The Cynical Dead :My Time with Telltale's Walking Dead *SPOILERS*

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Edited By musubi
    No Caption Provided

Hello gents and ladies if you're reading this then well congrats you've made it to 2013. So what did I do to start off my new year? Well, since I didn't have any work today I finished off the last two episodes of The Walking Dead in one sitting. This was a bit of an experiment for me. You see I've never really "got" the attraction to The Walking Dead. Its always just seemed incredibly formulaic to me from an outside perspective. Group of survivors run from place to place insert human drama blah blah blah. My cynicism was fairly strong going into this thing. The other thing I had going for me was that I was spoiled on multiple multiple plot points. Then over the holiday break on Christmas day Telltale pulled the ol' drug dealer trick of give em' the first hit free. On top of just giving away the first hit free all the other episodes were 200 points a pop. So there went $10 and suddenly I had the entire season sitting on my Hard Drive of my 360.

So the question was for me with my cynicism working against me and me being spoiled would the story telling in The Walking Dead hold up for me? Honestly, the answer is well...yes mostly at least. There are some things that I thought were really dumb which I'll touch on later but for now lets focus on another topic.

You are my sunshine my only sunshine.

No Caption Provided

The Walking Dead is a dreary world. It doesn't start happy and it doesn't end happy. The one constant element that is a tiny ray of hope in the entire game is Clementine. This is one area where I really did have to eat my words. Not only is Clem's character well written and believable as a child character but its the first child character that you didn't want to instantly punt in the head to shut them up. I mean, remember those jerk kids in skyrim or how about the kids in Fallout 3? AWFUL I TELL YOU~! Whew (deep breath). Clementine's relationship with Lee from the time she peeks her curious head out of her tree house to the time the end credits roll was entirely captivating. This is a game that very early on shows you that it doesn't fuck around with choices instantly putting Kenny's child Duck into harms way. Even though going in I knew in the back of my mind that Clem was safe in the moment the pacing and the writing of the story kept me so focused on the moment that many times the moments Clem was in danger were still incredibly tense. A number of moments caught me as being awful and incredibly fucked up choices but the two that brought me damn close to tears both involved Clementine. The hardest being the very ending I told Clementine to shoot lee and watching that entire scene play out couldn't be more soul crushing. It was amplified by the fact that just earlier in episode 4 I had finally come out and told her that her parents were dead, again soul crushing. Clem had been a tough soldier through the entire journey watching countless horrific things play out yet for her to have to kill the one person left that truly cared for her was absolutely one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen in games in awhile. Ya know... I'm not sure I'd even want a 2nd season at this point I just want to imagine Clem grew up and lived her life.

#TeamKenny

The most adorable redneck ever.

So, being exposed to people buzzing and talking about this game the one thing was clear that you couldn't play it down the middle and be a people pleaser. So when push came to shove (and boy did it come early) I chose to side with Kenny. Why? Well, simply because early on my priorities were always to put the children first every damn time. As result my first encounter with Larry ended with me stepping in and defending Duck. This lead to Larry being a jerk to me and well from that point on the lines were drawn as far as I was concerned. Kenny had never let me down and dammit I was sticking with him. Kenny struck me as the second most endearing character in the series. The stuff with Duck was hard watching a father deliriously trying to cope with the fact that it finally happened to him a family member had been bitten. Again, a very well written character who acted very human. He lashed out in anger then denial then finally broke down into a sobbing mess. This whole arc with Kenny's family might not have had the same impact that it did on some since this was one of the parts I did have spoiled BUT I still really appreciated the writing. Watching Kenny finally sacrifice himself for Christa finally set in my mind that Kenny was a good man deep down. Even if he was almost all to gleeful in wanting to throw a cinder block on Larry's head and a belligerent asshole at times he was a good man thrown into a shitty situation and I'll forever be #TeamKenny.

Awful choices, regrets and oh...fuck Ben.

As stated before The Walking Dead is a game that doesn't fuck around. It will throw awful things your way and make you deal with them with absolutely NO time to think about it. I really loved that they threw the timer on there it made you really have to act instead of think and that still made all of the choices pretty meaningful. So, what awful choices did I make? Well, plenty including killing Larry after telling him to eat up his human leg BBQ. Most choices I made and was confident in even if they were insanely shitty choices like killing the boy in the attic or rolling the dice on Larry "really" being dead. The one however that really filled me with regret was leaving Lilly behind. Like many awful choices you make in life you make them when you are angry and don't really mean what you think you do. Lilly had just shot Carly who early on was one of my favorite characters. I chose to openly confide in her and she seemed like the right choice to save and here Lilly just off and killed her. Tensions were high and I had my flag firmly planted on #TeamKenny so Lilly wasn't exactly "hearing out" my arguments. So, in a rage I left her. I considered it payback for what she had done to Carly in cold blood. Then as time went on the subject of Lilly came up with Kenny and I felt bad and awful really. I realized that she was just doing what I had been doing making the tough choices to survive and I had just left her to die after already killing her dad. Fuck.

As Cee Lo once said... FUCK YOU.

Oh, but then there is the catalyst for Carly, Duck, Katjaa and well just a lot of stuff in general...Ben. Ohhhhh Ben. Here I went out of my way to convince Kenny and Lilly both that he should be allowed to stay with the group and he ends up fucking everything over. Now, yes... I realize that the story advances beyond the motor inn no matter what but hey man don't be bringing the realities of the game structure with my hate for Ben. He was just a constant fuck up. I wanted to find some part of me that sympathized for him but at every turn he made me hate him. He was a coward and didn't save Clem multiple times. He trades with the bandits and is directly responsible for the death of duck and consequently Katjaa and as a final coup de grace he manages to let zombies into the school in Crawford resulting in the death of Brie. So when tasked with the choice of cutting him from the group I did so and then I dropped him down the bell tower because fuck him. I really have tried to find a sympathetic angle to his character and I keep coming up with blanks. I just constantly hated him.

Technical horrors and awful plot devices ahoy!

The real scary part about The Walking Dead isn't the zombies. Its the technical nightmare that it is. Yes, I know the 360 version was the worst but ya know what I was already locked in and committed to that version. Its really a shame on some places like in episode 5 the frame rate went to a horrible stutter and I found a consistent problem with getting the newest episode to start. If you scratching you head wondering why well yeah.. I am too. I don't know I would click "Play" on the episode and it would multiple times do several things...

• In later episodes for whatever reason start the first episode over overriding my save (thank god I copied to every slot)
    • Start at the final chapter in the previous episode
    • Oh, and it even saved or imported my choices wrong on a few occasions when it did start the correct episode (again, ya multiple save slots)

So that stuff was a real bummer on multiple levels man.

The other thing that was just REAL dumb was the reveal of the Station Wagon man. It seriously felt like the writers got themselves into a bit of a dead end and needed justification for Clem missing. It was just really poorly handled especially since well.. you really HAVE no choice other than to take the food. Either you decide to take it or Kenny takes it anyways. It was just a bit to convenient of a plot device and this man knowing about Lee going to the farm which was BEFORE the station wagon was increasingly dumb. Am I do really believe that somehow this guy had crazy surveillance that allowed him to spy like god on the characters so then he can call Lee out on awful thing that he did? Please. Its really the low light of the entire story and they were really scarily close to botching the entire landing if it wasn't for the absolute heartfelt send off of the story of Lee and Clementine.

Long goodbyes and sweet lullabies

So its over both this uh... whatever you want to call it and my time with The Walking Dead. Part of me wants to know what happens if I do this or that what happens if I stay silent the entire time? There are lots of choices in this game and even though some choices like the station wagon are entirely scripted and linear the writing does stand tall making you feel like your choices do still matter. That's why even though I kind of want to see all of this other stuff I kind of well... don't. I don't want to strip this game apart and know how the magician does the trick. Regrets and all I crafted my story and my choices and I'll stick with them. So now your asking me what do I think about everyone buzzing about it was it deserved? Does it deserve to be game of the year? Well, for me personally no... I still really enjoyed the game and honestly I may have to think about revising my list now that I played this and Hotline Miami finally. However, even if I consider this on my list which...fuck it I guess i do.

I still think Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the most fun I've had with a game all year. Yes, I realize that a large majority of you think that my love for it is crazy and possibly it is. I do think the Walking Dead was successful though. Even with me being spoiled and incredibly cynical going in i was still damn near in tears as Clementine pulled the trigger to kill Lee. And I think that is what good writing and good stories should do. I think people place too much stock or are at least to over hypersensitive to spoilers. Look, yes being surprised by events is fun but if a story is TRULY a good story the characters and journey to that destination will still be insanely compelling. I really did enjoy my time with The Walking Dead though. A well spent $10 and honestly would have been worth the full price. So I guess I'm fine seeing all of those GOTY lists filled with TWD now. I don't agree that its number one but dammit I now see why some people think so.

See you later, Clementine.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By musubi
    No Caption Provided

Hello gents and ladies if you're reading this then well congrats you've made it to 2013. So what did I do to start off my new year? Well, since I didn't have any work today I finished off the last two episodes of The Walking Dead in one sitting. This was a bit of an experiment for me. You see I've never really "got" the attraction to The Walking Dead. Its always just seemed incredibly formulaic to me from an outside perspective. Group of survivors run from place to place insert human drama blah blah blah. My cynicism was fairly strong going into this thing. The other thing I had going for me was that I was spoiled on multiple multiple plot points. Then over the holiday break on Christmas day Telltale pulled the ol' drug dealer trick of give em' the first hit free. On top of just giving away the first hit free all the other episodes were 200 points a pop. So there went $10 and suddenly I had the entire season sitting on my Hard Drive of my 360.

So the question was for me with my cynicism working against me and me being spoiled would the story telling in The Walking Dead hold up for me? Honestly, the answer is well...yes mostly at least. There are some things that I thought were really dumb which I'll touch on later but for now lets focus on another topic.

You are my sunshine my only sunshine.

No Caption Provided

The Walking Dead is a dreary world. It doesn't start happy and it doesn't end happy. The one constant element that is a tiny ray of hope in the entire game is Clementine. This is one area where I really did have to eat my words. Not only is Clem's character well written and believable as a child character but its the first child character that you didn't want to instantly punt in the head to shut them up. I mean, remember those jerk kids in skyrim or how about the kids in Fallout 3? AWFUL I TELL YOU~! Whew (deep breath). Clementine's relationship with Lee from the time she peeks her curious head out of her tree house to the time the end credits roll was entirely captivating. This is a game that very early on shows you that it doesn't fuck around with choices instantly putting Kenny's child Duck into harms way. Even though going in I knew in the back of my mind that Clem was safe in the moment the pacing and the writing of the story kept me so focused on the moment that many times the moments Clem was in danger were still incredibly tense. A number of moments caught me as being awful and incredibly fucked up choices but the two that brought me damn close to tears both involved Clementine. The hardest being the very ending I told Clementine to shoot lee and watching that entire scene play out couldn't be more soul crushing. It was amplified by the fact that just earlier in episode 4 I had finally come out and told her that her parents were dead, again soul crushing. Clem had been a tough soldier through the entire journey watching countless horrific things play out yet for her to have to kill the one person left that truly cared for her was absolutely one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen in games in awhile. Ya know... I'm not sure I'd even want a 2nd season at this point I just want to imagine Clem grew up and lived her life.

#TeamKenny

So, being exposed to people buzzing and talking about this game the one thing was clear that you couldn't play it down the middle and be a people pleaser. So when push came to shove (and boy did it come early) I chose to side with Kenny. Why? Well, simply because early on my priorities were always to put the children first every damn time. As result my first encounter with Larry ended with me stepping in and defending Duck. This lead to Larry being a jerk to me and well from that point on the lines were drawn as far as I was concerned. Kenny had never let me down and dammit I was sticking with him. Kenny struck me as the second most endearing character in the series. The stuff with Duck was hard watching a father deliriously trying to cope with the fact that it finally happened to him a family member had been bitten. Again, a very well written character who acted very human. He lashed out in anger then denial then finally broke down into a sobbing mess. This whole arc with Kenny's family might not have had the same impact that it did on some since this was one of the parts I did have spoiled BUT I still really appreciated the writing. Watching Kenny finally sacrifice himself for Christa finally set in my mind that Kenny was a good man deep down. Even if he was almost all to gleeful in wanting to throw a cinder block on Larry's head and a belligerent asshole at times he was a good man thrown into a shitty situation and I'll forever be #TeamKenny.

Awful choices, regrets and oh...fuck Ben.

As stated before The Walking Dead is a game that doesn't fuck around. It will throw awful things your way and make you deal with them with absolutely NO time to think about it. I really loved that they threw the timer on there it made you really have to act instead of think and that still made all of the choices pretty meaningful. So, what awful choices did I make? Well, plenty including killing Larry after telling him to eat up his human leg BBQ. Most choices I made and was confident in even if they were insanely shitty choices like killing the boy in the attic or rolling the dice on Larry "really" being dead. The one however that really filled me with regret was leaving Lilly behind. Like many awful choices you make in life you make them when you are angry and don't really mean what you think you do. Lilly had just shot Carly who early on was one of my favorite characters. I chose to openly confide in her and she seemed like the right choice to save and here Lilly just off and killed her. Tensions were high and I had my flag firmly planted on #TeamKenny so Lilly wasn't exactly "hearing out" my arguments. So, in a rage I left her. I considered it payback for what she had done to Carly in cold blood. Then as time went on the subject of Lilly came up with Kenny and I felt bad and awful really. I realized that she was just doing what I had been doing making the tough choices to survive and I had just left her to die after already killing her dad. Fuck.

Oh, but then there is the catalyst for Carly, Duck, Katjaa and well just a lot of stuff in general...Ben. Ohhhhh Ben. Here I went out of my way to convince Kenny and Lilly both that he should be allowed to stay with the group and he ends up fucking everything over. Now, yes... I realize that the story advances beyond the motor inn no matter what but hey man don't be bringing the realities of the game structure with my hate for Ben. He was just a constant fuck up. I wanted to find some part of me that sympathized for him but at every turn he made me hate him. He was a coward and didn't save Clem multiple times. He trades with the bandits and is directly responsible for the death of duck and consequently Katjaa and as a final coup de grace he manages to let zombies into the school in Crawford resulting in the death of Brie. So when tasked with the choice of cutting him from the group I did so and then I dropped him down the bell tower because fuck him. I really have tried to find a sympathetic angle to his character and I keep coming up with blanks. I just constantly hated him.

Technical horrors and awful plot devices ahoy!

The real scary part about The Walking Dead isn't the zombies. Its the technical nightmare that it is. Yes, I know the 360 version was the worst but ya know what I was already locked in and committed to that version. Its really a shame on some places like in episode 5 the frame rate went to a horrible stutter and I found a consistent problem with getting the newest episode to start. If you scratching you head wondering why well yeah.. I am too. I don't know I would click "Play" on the episode and it would multiple times do several things...

• In later episodes for whatever reason start the first episode over overriding my save (thank god I copied to every slot)
    • Start at the final chapter in the previous episode
    • Oh, and it even saved or imported my choices wrong on a few occasions when it did start the correct episode (again, ya multiple save slots)

So that stuff was a real bummer on multiple levels man.

The other thing that was just REAL dumb was the reveal of the Station Wagon man. It seriously felt like the writers got themselves into a bit of a dead end and needed justification for Clem missing. It was just really poorly handled especially since well.. you really HAVE no choice other than to take the food. Either you decide to take it or Kenny takes it anyways. It was just a bit to convenient of a plot device and this man knowing about Lee going to the farm which was BEFORE the station wagon was increasingly dumb. Am I do really believe that somehow this guy had crazy surveillance that allowed him to spy like god on the characters so then he can call Lee out on awful thing that he did? Please. Its really the low light of the entire story and they were really scarily close to botching the entire landing if it wasn't for the absolute heartfelt send off of the story of Lee and Clementine.

Long goodbyes and sweet lullabies

So its over both this uh... whatever you want to call it and my time with The Walking Dead. Part of me wants to know what happens if I do this or that what happens if I stay silent the entire time? There are lots of choices in this game and even though some choices like the station wagon are entirely scripted and linear the writing does stand tall making you feel like your choices do still matter. That's why even though I kind of want to see all of this other stuff I kind of well... don't. I don't want to strip this game apart and know how the magician does the trick. Regrets and all I crafted my story and my choices and I'll stick with them. So now your asking me what do I think about everyone buzzing about it was it deserved? Does it deserve to be game of the year? Well, for me personally no... I still really enjoyed the game and honestly I may have to think about revising my list now that I played this and Hotline Miami finally. However, even if I consider this on my list which...fuck it I guess i do.

I still think Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the most fun I've had with a game all year. Yes, I realize that a large majority of you think that my love for it is crazy and possibly it is. I do think the Walking Dead was successful though. Even with me being spoiled and incredibly cynical going in i was still damn near in tears as Clementine pulled the trigger to kill Lee. And I think that is what good writing and good stories should do. I think people place too much stock or are at least to over hypersensitive to spoilers. Look, yes being surprised by events is fun but if a story is TRULY a good story the characters and journey to that destination will still be insanely compelling. I really did enjoy my time with The Walking Dead though. A well spent $10 and honestly would have been worth the full price. So I guess I'm fine seeing all of those GOTY lists filled with TWD now. I don't agree that its number one but dammit I now see why some people think so.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

I tired, I really tired. I tried the show, I tried the game, I haven't tried the comics, but i just find the whole franchise (minus the comics) boring. Maybe it's because I'm just so over the whole zombie thing, maybe it's due to the fact that I watched 28 Days Later over 30 times, but every time I try to get into this world I get overly bored.

Also, what the fuck is everyone's problems not calling them zombies...ZOMBIES for fuck sakes. What's all this Walker bullshit. how come they don't call the ones without legs Crawlers.

Sorry I had to get it out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By musubi

@mordukai: You know there is ONE line in the entire game I think really early on like episode 1 where they do actually say the "Z-Word" once. Its pretty fleeting though.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

well it's cool to see you got over your initial impression and ended up liking it (mostly).

also, I don't care what anyone else says, I liked Ben. Yeah, he was a fuck-up but at least he never did anything out of malice.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By musubi

@FancySoapsMan: I think I was most mad about the fact that (at least in my game) he never spoke up about the bandit thing until way later on the train and Carly unfairly died because of that.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By joshthebear

Hell yeah, #TeamKenny all the way.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Klei

I don't know. I felt the whole game to be forced and, at time, nonsensical. Especially my Kenny who, on some occasions, spun different emotions than he should have given the choices I made. it's a cool game, sure, but nothing more. I feel like it's getting way more credit just because 95% of the people who played it just never touched an adventure game of their lives and think this is the best one ever.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By napalm

Episode one was awesome, episode two was great, episode three was good in some key spots, episode four was whatever, episode five can fuck off.

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lavapotamus

In regards to the Station Wagon man, I assumed that he had learned about the farm because he had been talking about Clementine for so long. I think he said something about his initial impressions of Lee and then how his final opinion differed after learning about what he had done (presumably from Clem). It's totally possible that I'm remembering that scene incorrectly, though. I can't be bothered to replay the final episode to find out.

I did like the character development and the story The Walking Dead told, but that's really it. I don't think the game is garbage, but I felt some pretty powerful buyer's remorse after I realized my decisions don't matter in the grand scheme of things. The way the game insists that your choices alter the story's progression was what I was most excited about when I started up the first episode. I loved the idea of having a book club-esque discussion with my friends after playing each chapter to see what each person had done. The first of these discussions made me realize that regardless of how you handle each situation, there is one definitive fate for each character and one definitive way that an episode plays out. You might choose to save or leave a character, but the script has already determined their fate. You really have no influence on the surviving cast for Season 2.

After I realized that, all that was left for me was to see how it all played out. Again, I did like the story and its characters, but considering I was tricked into believing my decisions actually directed the season's outcome, I would have rather experienced the story as a film or comic. The gameplay and technical hiccups do the experience no favors. For me, it's a great tale wrapped up in a facade of interactivity.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By musubi

@Klei: Thats fair I suppose and I feel largely the same way about Final Fantasy VII in regards to RPG's. I suppose this might be my first unless you count Indigo Prophecy which I think you could prob count as an adventure game?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Klei

@Demoskinos said:

@Klei: Thats fair I suppose and I feel largely the same way about Final Fantasy VII in regards to RPG's. I suppose this might be my first unless you count Indigo Prophecy which I think you could prob count as an adventure game?

Yeah, that's one. They are most likely played by the point'n'click standards, and a lot of them are pretty golden. Like the recent Deponia and Unwritten Tales.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By icicle7x3

To be fair, Katjah is responsible for Katjah's death, not Ben. Plus, Brie was a horrible character to begin with, no loss there.

On top of that, if you keep Ben alive, he has it out with Kenny and it made me sympathize with Ben and realize that he is having it as hard as anybody else in the group.

picklecannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By picklecannon

@FancySoapsMan said:

well it's cool to see you got over your initial impression and ended up liking it (mostly).

also, I don't care what anyone else says, I liked Ben. Yeah, he was a fuck-up but at least he never did anything out of malice.

Ben was a teenager and teenagers are mostly fuck-ups.

If you save him at the school and bring him along he really does open up to Kenny and they kind of make up. Unfortunate what happens afterwards though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musubi

@Icicle7x3: Directly yes but her death is a result of Duck's situation which I guess yes is kind of pushing it blaming her choice to kill herself on ben but still, fuck Ben.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inkerman

I just finished it recently and made many of the same choices you did, although I never told Clem about her parents being dead. I was totally there with the 'fuck Ben' thing, I gave him multiple chances to not fuck up and he did, repeatedly, putting Clem in danger. I also didn't feel a bit of sympathy for Lilly. Bitch killed my girl, although I will say Carly's death was my biggest "OH FUCK! WHAT? NO!" moment, so I reacted totally out of anger and left her behind. I also didn't like Christa or Omid, they seemed to be overly familiar way too quickly, and there were weird moments (like Christa drinking even though she's pregnant), although I ultimately asked them to look after Clem. Also, in the end Lee said something which revealed he knew Christa was pregnant (which of course I knew anyway), but it had never been raised in dialogue.

I agree with the criticisms that the game creates the 'illusion' of choice, rather than real changes in story. Although realistically in total content to do so would probably make each episode the size of a normal game.

Also, I never really got overly emotional in this game, although I never get very sentimental. I never came close to tearing up, all in all, it was only Carly's death and then the final moments with Clementine that had any real emotional response from me, although the cutting off limbs bits were fucking gnarly.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaggE

@mordukai said:

Also, what the fuck is everyone's problems not calling them zombies...ZOMBIES for fuck sakes. What's all this Walker bullshit. how come they don't call the ones without legs Crawlers.

It's kind of an unspoken tradition among the genre: Never say "zombie".

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By prestonhedges

@ShaggE said:

@mordukai said:

It's a dumb tradition.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

@gladspooky said:

@ShaggE said:

@mordukai said:

It's a dumb tradition.

Eh, maybe, but it lead to some great jokes about it in Shaun of the Dead, so I'm glad it exists.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai

@ShaggE said:

@gladspooky said:

@ShaggE said:

@mordukai said:

It's a dumb tradition.

Eh, maybe, but it lead to some great jokes about it in Shaun of the Dead, so I'm glad it exists.

Zombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, ZombieZombie, Zombie

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShaggE

@mordukai: U?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai

@ShaggE: 2?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer

He knows the shit Lee did because he was talking to Clem.

Simple enough.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Hunter5024

Wow you felt bad for leaving Lilly behind? I was always super nice to her, and Carly was one of my favorite characters, so I didn't even think about taking her with me. In the moments leading up to the decision I thought I might be given the choice to shoot her, and I probably would have. I was pissed.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Humanity

I'd come to Kenny's rescue every time and yet time and time again when I'd get trapped under a closet or something Kenny would just stare in horror and not help me. Kenny is a huge, redneck piece of shit and I was happy when he finally died and stopped causing drama at every moment. Also fuck Duck, who cares. It's all about Carly.. my poor sweet sweet Carly..

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25  Edited By zyn

Yep, Fuck Ben.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By TheHT

I was a Ben apologist until he spilled the beans on his aiding the bandits. Then I was a staunch Ben hater.

But Clementine had to pipe up, and voted to keep Ben around, so I decided to let him stay and also keep him alive. Maybe he can redeem himself, I foolishly thought to myself.

And while in episode 5 he never really did good or bad, he told off Kenny and died with some dignity. Also it was clear by then that he really was just a kid, and made it genuinely sad when you saw that he wouldn't be getting up from his fall.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ravenlight

Anyone who didn't save Doug is a monster.

#teamdoug

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By musubi

@Ravenlight: Hey, I don't get all the hate for Doug that was coming from the bombcast crew he actually seemed like a decent guy but tasked with that moment I couldn't let carly die.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ravenlight

@Demoskinos:

Doug is heavily based off of Telltale/Idle Thumbs weblord Doug Tabacco. Hearing the Idle Thumbs guys talk about him may have influenced my decision.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By musubi

@Ravenlight: Holy shit! Thats creepy how accurate the game character looks just like him.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I thought all the characters looked U-L-G-Y

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Tylea002

Real Talk: Ben > Kenny.

Man I don't like Kenny.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By musubi

Its been fun to see everyone's reactions to the characters especially the people who had the entirely opposite experience than me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.