Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Walking Dead Regrets

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Not to state the obvious, but spoilers. It's an old game, but I just go through it and 400 Days that I got on sale.

When Lilly straight-up murdered Carley, I wanted to restart the whole episode right then and there. She was obviously being set up as a love interest, but I wished there was something I could have done (from what I understand, no I couldn't). Fast forward to 400 Days, Russell jumps down next to a corpse and when the camera angle changes, I recognize the purple coat and feel it all over again. God damn it.

That's my story. I still didn't redo the episode - I figure this game is all about consequence, and any deviation from the "one truth" of the playthrough would be a betrayal.

What about you? What are your regrets? Did anyone actually replay a section? If so, how could you?

PS For those who did leave Lilly, is she there with Carley/Doug, or not?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Not being able to save Carly was definitely one of my biggest regrets playing the game. I didn't feel as bad when I found out there was no way to save her, but still.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Killing that first brother in front of Clementine.

I wouldn't undo it though, and I did end up killing the second brother as well. But maybe if I didn't kill the first one I wouldn't have felt as okay with killing the second. Oh god.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theht said:

Killing that first brother in front of Clementine.

I wouldn't undo it though, and I did end up killing the second brother as well. But maybe if I didn't kill the first one I wouldn't have felt as okay with killing the second. Oh god.

She had seen some shit, she was going to see more shit. I didn't kill the first, killed the second. Besides, he had nothing to live for anyway, and when a man taunts or asks you to kill him, finish the job, you do it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ch3burashka: But I felt so bad after she saw!

Geez, episode 2 might be my favourite episode. So fucking brutal. That was the episode that convinced me this was something special.

fidli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By fidli

Trying to save Duck.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I replayed the whole game through episode 4, but not exactly by choice.

Was playing through the game on the PS3, but I was one of the people who got a corrupted save at the end of Episode 4. There was a Steam sale going on for the game shortly after that, and so I picked the game up through that and played it again on my PC instead.

Going through the game a second time, there was only one major choice I changed, and that was during Episode 1 when you first meet Lilly's group. Originally I played that decision while trying to calm everyone down, and I planned to side with Kenny the whole time, but just trying to calm everyone down automatically makes you side with Larry.

That's the only major thing I changed (may have picked a few different dialogue options that didn't affect anything just to see how a few little things changed during conversations, or because I couldn't remember what I originally said before)

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I regret shooting the crazed woman in episode 2.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Carly died ages ago, Doug is the only one I cared about

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Apparently I did things in the wrong order and completely skipped the conversation with Carly that was supposed to be setting up the love interest. She was just a cool person who was killed to me, I had no idea where people were getting this whole romance thing from until I looked it up.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This might be a weird one, but on a recent replay I only changed a single decision which I previously regretted; I hid my bite. Now I know everyone finds out anyway and it's actually better for Lee to immediately tell everyone, but I dunno, narratively it felt more "right" to me having everyone but Ben abandon Lee as he tries to stay strong and not worry people.

hungryjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Killing the first brother in front of clementine. Stupidly i did not notice she was there.

Cutting my arm off. I replayed the episode when i was 2 minutes in because of this decision. I later realized that its better to cut it off otherwise everybody gives you s*** for it later

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.