Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Analogs dont work well with Gamepad

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rethla

Hello dudes and dudettes

Im playing Witcher 2 with gamepad but im having some irritating problems. When meditating and in slowmotion mode to select action from quickselect wheel my joysticks only goes into four directions. (north, west, south and east). This is very annoying as i cant choose to meditate until  lets say 1400 becouse that would be about 60degrees and im limited to only these 4 directions. After patch 1.1 it got even worse as now i cant use the joysticks at all in these menus and can only rely on the D-pad (pressing up and right to get northeast doesnt work etc, just the four directions). Anyone else having this trouble or even better has an solution to it? I have tried both with the 360 and the PS3 controller.

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By xatmos

You're having a technical problem I haven't experienced. 

For the quick select: Can't help you.  

For the meditate menu: Bumpers. 

For the patch: Can't help you.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rethla
    @xatmos said:
    For the meditate menu: Bumpers.
    Awsome the bumpers works great for meditation. At least one problem solved thanks alot!
    EternalGamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EternalGamer2
    @rethla: For the quick menus, you will notice that pressing straight "up or down" will scroll through the choices even though the menu looks curved.  This is generally the case with almost all the menus.  Just use the cardinal directions to navigate them even if it seems like you should be pressing diagonals.  It does suck that d-pad is now the only way to navigate menus after the patch, but it is still completely functional, at least. 
    CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CashBailey
    @rethla said:
    After patch 1.1 it got even worse as now i cant use the joysticks at all in these menus and can only rely on the D-pad (pressing up and right to get northeast doesnt work etc, just the four directions). Anyone else having this trouble or even better has an solution to it? I have tried both with the 360 and the PS3 controller.
    Yeah, this sucks, Using the D-pad for the interface is a pain in the arse. Especially when you want to change signs during a battle.

I'd rather just be able to do everything with the left stick.
    EternalGamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EternalGamer2
    @CashBailey:  I remapped the dpad left to "next sign" and dpad right to "next item.  Then you don' t have to hardly ever use the quick menu except to change swords (which you do way less often than new spells/items. 
    TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TorMasturba

I'm finding mine great, I bought mine for this game in specific with the possibility of playing some other games with them too.

I had one issue with them that has since been solved and I figured I make everyone else aware that happens to read this if they're experiencing the same issue.

When I sliced into the plastic tight packaging of this controller I found that the D-pad was less responsive than I'd have liked when trying to click right with it.

I didn't find it too bothersome to play with though because Witcher 2 is a slower paced game in general and the D-pad is only used to navigate menu and conversation options, so I wasn't as rushed to be pissed off by it as you might think.

Later it started to go down menu's two options at a time and was definitely becoming bothersome. In anger I punched the D-pad (which I've never done before ever) and found a bit of plastic come out that was exactly the same type of plastic as the packaging I'd thrown away a few days before. Problem solved!

I would advise you don't smash your controllers like I did, but certainly give it a good knock if it's annoying you. :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.