Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Currently on sale (Steam) - $3.99

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

In case anyone had it on their wanted list and hasn't bought it yet. Go buy it. And then come back here and tell the world you bought it. Because why not.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Buy it and watch you PC get fucked.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigjeffrey: When I first got this game I had to run it on a fairly low end laptop. I had all the settings down to low and the resolution at 800x600 and was still getting only 15 FPS. I beat the game like that though. :P

But seriously, it's not that bad if you have a decent PC. My 560 Ti can max it no problem and that card is fairly outdated now.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Witcher 2 is not hardware hungry. Just disable this Supersampling thing^^

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I had to set the graphics between med and high to get ~50fps on a 2500k, GTX 570, and 8GB RAM, so it's not the most brutal game to run. All bets are off though once you turn on ubersampling.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks great on mine

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I noticed it was on sale earlier. It's weird that there's no promo for it or anything, usually a game as good/popular would get a weekend or midweek deal promo on the homepage.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This and the first witcher are both on sale right now (1.99 for the first one, 3.99 for the second one). I sold a bunch of trading cards for shits and giggles to see if I could make 4 bucks for the second one and I actually did! My comp can only run it at low in the low 20 fps range, but I've played and beat freaking dark souls 1 on ps3 for crying out loud (so it'll probably be fine for me. I really just want to beat it before the 3rd one comes out).

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mosespippy

Great, I drained my Paypal account on the Final Fantasy sale last week and now I'm 50 cents short. :( It's OK though; I'm like Vinny and need to read the books first. Speaking of which, I should really start the Metro games now that I've read those books.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By RonGalaxy

@mosespippy said:

Great, I drained my Paypal account on the Final Fantasy sale last week and now I'm 50 cents short. :( It's OK though; I'm like Vinny and need to read the books first. Speaking of which, I should really start the Metro games now that I've read those books.

Go idle in some trading card eligible games and sell the cards you get. You can make 50 cents pretty fast, and I'm pretty sure steam will combine steam credit/paypal payments (I think they automatically take whats left from your steam credit anyway so you don't always randomly have a few cents left). Unless you already have some cards, then just sell them for a cent under the current lowest price. Made over 4 bucks in under an hour today (though I did sell a few tf2 items which amounted to a dollar and some change).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.