Oh carp... Is Witcher 2 gonna be a 360 exclusive?

#1 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I just saw the trailer, which looked great(no gameplay footage though), and I could not find any PS3 nor Sony logo.

Is this gonna be a 360 exclusive? Because I would really love to play this game.... sigh....

#2 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

it was also on the personal computer gaming platform!

but yes, 360/PC only

#3 Posted by benpicko (1995 posts) -

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is

#4 Edited by SolidestChimp (154 posts) -

its on the PC...

#5 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

@Animasta: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

Yeah, it looks to be that way. A few console ports of PC games have ended up on the Xbox 360 only at first. (Left For Dead series, Mass Effect etc)

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

When they announced the 360 version they said it was only on 360, that was maybe 4 months ago? Anyway, the PC version is where it's at.

#8 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

Yeah, it looks to be that way. A few console ports of PC games have ended up on the Xbox 360 only at first. (Left For Dead series, Mass Effect etc)

Mass Effect started off as a 360 exclusive, not the other way around

#9 Posted by HatKing (5813 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

Uh, Mass Effect was a 360 exclusive game later ported to the PC.

#10 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@MildMolasses: @HatKing: Damn, my memory is pretty bad. I kept thinking of Bioware as a PC-focused developer. You're right.

#11 Posted by MannyMAR (405 posts) -

I thought CDProjekt only mentioned the 360 for their console port for The Witcher 2 all along.

#12 Posted by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

Why is this a shocker? They didn't mention anywhere it would be released for the PS3. They first announced it at their "free-time-party" before E3 of last year, showing the 360 logo on their shirts and everything. But it is a shame, because it's a fantastic game that everyone should be able to play. Hell, I'm already an owner of the game on the PC and I will purchase it again for the 360. But get it on the PC duder, and even if you don't have a great and powerful machine, it is pretty nice with graphics Vs Performance.

#13 Posted by iAmJohn (6108 posts) -

Just get it for PC, dude. You can play it with a controller if you really want to and it'll be a better experience.

#14 Posted by Liam_mk (290 posts) -
#15 Posted by Ehker (235 posts) -

The latest I've heard back in June is they need extra time for a PS3 version, and "would love to do it" along with the fact that Warner Bros. is the publisher for the 360 and not Microsoft make it very possible.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-13-witcher-2-ps3-dev-would-love-to-do-it

Developer CD Projekt Red told Eurogamer it would "love" to make a PS3 version after it's finished creating the Xbox 360 version, due out later this year.

Indeed, the Polish studio is on the hunt for a PS3 developer to help make the magic happen.

#16 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

I'll just play it on the 360 if I do... Then again I already knew this.

#17 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

They haven't said they won't make a PS3 version, just that they're not working on one right now. They're a fairly small independent studio and don't have the resources to do two new versions at the same time.

#18 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I'd imagine the transition between PC and Xbox is closer than PS3 to anything else...

#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

@Dany said:

I'd imagine the transition between PC and Xbox is closer than PS3 to anything else...

From what I understand, it is.

#20 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

I would like to say that hot damn, that trailer was cool!

#21 Posted by emem (1961 posts) -
@JeanLuc said:

I would like to say that hot damn, that trailer was cool!

Yeah, it's absolutely fantastic.
#22 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@kyrieee said:

They haven't said they won't make a PS3 version, just that they're not working on one right now. They're a fairly small independent studio and don't have the resources to do two new versions at the same time.

correct answer! please collect your reward at the exit from the young lady waving at you. thanks for playing!

#23 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

They are only planning a 360 version of the console port, but they always could make a PS3 one

#24 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -

From what I've heard, not only is it easier to port to 360 techinicaly, it's also easier to get hold of the developer tools and get approved.

#25 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1002 posts) -

@fini_fly said:

I'll just play it on the 360 if I do... Then again I already knew this.

Damn beat me to it. I was totally looking for a carp picture.

#26 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great: I'm surprised I was the first to post about it, but glad that I was

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.