Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Stuck at boss (chapter 1 spoiler).

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gike987

The game has been great so far and I haven't run into anything too hard on normal (until this fight). But now I have to fight Letho in the elven ruins and he is pretty much impossible. Am I missing something or is he just ridiculously hard. He seems to have an insane amount of health.

Edit: Managed to beat him. He was actually pretty easy if you spammed quen, even if it took forever to wear him down.

Tokubetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Tokubetsu

Did you use a swallow? I'm having problems with him as well. 

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gike987
    @Tokubetsu said:
    No. I just made sure to have quen activated at all time and rolled around the room. Every time he dropped his shield I did two light attacks (sometimes followed by a heavy) and rolled away again. Took a long time but was much safer than any other strategy that I tried.
    ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ninjalegend
    @gike987 said:
    @Tokubetsu said:
    No. I just made sure to have quen activated at all time and rolled around the room. Every time he dropped his shield I did two light attacks (sometimes followed by a heavy) and rolled away again. Took a long time but was much safer than any other strategy that I tried.
    I'll try that, but he is kicking the crap out of me. I went back a few saves to get the hardend armor and cutlass, but he is still handing me my arse.
    Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Thule

Keep Quen activated at all times. If he's got his Quen up, don't even bother attacking him and just roll around. Once his Quen wears off, hit him with the Aard and hit him two times with strong attack, rinse and repeat.
    Throwing knives and bombs also work well, if his Quen isn't up.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

TIPS to beat Letho chptr1 fast and easy:

I did not use queen at all.
    You can beat him very very fast.
    Use Aard (force push) a soon as the combat starts. This will make him stagger while casting Quen and interupt the spell.
    Get 2 heavy attacks in.
    Dodge away.
    Use Aard to stagger.
     Get 2 heavy attacks in.
    etc...

Note that sometimes it is best to wait for him to start casting before instantly casting Aard, this way he will never get a Quen out and will not be shielded.
    If he does manage to shield himself, just roll around for a bit until it goes away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.