Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Tips for the Witcher 2?

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Z3RO180

so i just got the consel version and im in act 2 so is there any tips some vetrens of the game can give? also i have some questions.

1. Any way to make mony in this game?

". Any good armor sets in act two i can get?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

1. Money is hard to come by in this game, save for one area. It's in act 2:

- Vernon's Path: There is a hermit's hut outside of the camp, called the Visionary. There are endlessly spawning Harpies right outside his house - farm them and sell their components.

- Iorveth's path: DO NOT destroy the harpy nests. They will keep respawning if you keep them intact, so do the same thing, kill them and sell their compnents.

2. As for armor sets... you'll need to tell me what path you've taken. The blacksmith in the camp, the apprentice one, will sell diagrams of armor to you. In Vergen, go to the blacksmith near Philippa's house. Also, there is an AMAZING silver sword in the mines in Vergen, attainable ASAP in Iorveth's path or late in Roche's path. Called the blood sword. Most of the good armor will need to be bought. Sometimes you will find OK armor sets from storyline quests too, like the Armor of Loc Muinne (good for Sign-users) or Seltkirk's armor.

Did you create the Kayran Carapace armor? It's very decent.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @xyzygy: Shouldn't your advice on money include the basic "loot and sell / get beast contracts" advice? 
    Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Z3RO180

@xyzygy: i picked the elfs path and i cant make the krayan armor cause i didnt farm the skin from the courpse :(

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

@AhmadMetallic: Well that is pretty obvious. What I understand is that he is looking for money besides the obvious quest completion rewards and loot and selling stuff he doesn't need. Plus he's in chapter 2 and that's where you can make the most money so that tactic is his best bet. Money is hard to come by and is easily spent because armor + weapon diagrams, buying/creating components, and crafting them costs so much so the harpy tactic would be the best.

@Z3RO180: OK, no biggie. You will eventually get better armor, although that armor would have been great to have... So, from Vergen, go outside and take the left path when it splits. Keep going and you'll come to a 4 way intersection - go to the Old Quarry. There are TONS of Harpy nests here that are involved in a Harpy extreminating quest. If you haven't done the quest, the harpies will respawn and respawn. Sell all their components for lots of money. If you want, there is a quest giver in the hut beside the quarry who asks you for about 100 feathers in total. It's a pretty funny quest so I recommend you do it - on the way you'll get a lot of harpy components to sell!

As for the armor sets, do you know where Philippa lives yet? There is a dwarf blacksmith near her house who offers the best diagrams, IIRC. They are expensive though so make sure you know what you want and/or make back up saves in case you made a wrong decision. I remember spending between 3,000 and 4,000 on on diagram ALONE.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedRoach

Already a tips thread here.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By intro

Bar fights in Vergen or Flotsam. Bet as high as possible, all you have to do is click a button or two for some easy money.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Z3RO180

@xyzygy: ryt cool tahnks man also could you tell me what armor is in the pic below and how hard is dark mode? also are the armour sets in dark mode any good cause the oath breaker set looks badass

No Caption Provided
    DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DharmaBum

@Z3RO180: Thyssen's armor, it's part of the succubus side quest during Act II on Iorveth's path.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Z3RO180

@Lebensbaum: cool thanks man

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

@Z3RO180: Dark mode isn't too bad. I managed to complete the entire first act with only a steel sword because I opted to go for the money achievement on my Dark playthrough. If I were you I would wait to get the 2nd chapter Dark armor, the third chapter's armor is essentially useless because you're pretty much done the game by the time you get it. I learned that the hard way.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Z3RO180

@xyzygy: cool on my next playthrough i was going to get the oath breaker armour cause that seems pretty cool but to the best of my knolege they do help a lot in the game but you get cursed when you wear it or something.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

@Z3RO180: You need all pieces of the armor in order to be able to use it. If not, you'll get cursed and I think it takes away your health

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Z3RO180

@xyzygy: Whos path is better cause i went with the elf dude and that story really good then i started agin and i was woundering what roaches path was like .

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy do you know where to get the diagrams for the studded gauntlets ?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@z3ro180 said:

@xyzygy do you know where to get the diagrams for the studded gauntlets ?

You can purchase it from Mael in Vergen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.