Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

What difficulty options ?

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deskp

What difficulty options will the XBOX version have?

Game looks good, but i'm hoping I cant get through it for the story without much hassle.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I believe it has the new tutorial that teaches you how to play the game and use the skills a lot better than it originally did in the PC version, which literally through you straight into a few really hard fights.

Other than that, they've been pretty adamant that the game won't be dumbed down in any way. There's no uber easy mode and there's little hand holding, it expects you to learn how to play and use your skills competently.. but it's not Demon's Souls, it should be perfectly manageable for anyone who wasn't raised on Call of Duty and Mass Effect.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SlashDance

I'm pretty sure they said easy mode was going to be easier in the Xbox version.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I guess there's not much wrong with "for the story", but what happened to playing games for the game part?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis

The games difficulty has been severely nerfed since launch on the PC, the claims of it being really tough around launch are long gone. Something that annoys me but at least they added the Dark Mode to compensate.

So even Normal on Xbox shouldn't be much of a challenge if it's like the current PC version.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Vorbis said:

The games difficulty has been severely nerfed since launch on the PC, the claims of it being really tough around launch are long gone. Something that annoys me but at least they added the Dark Mode to compensate.

So even Normal on Xbox shouldn't be much of a challenge if it's like the current PC version.

I don't think they nerfed the normal difficulty level on the PC version. I think they just made the opening tutorial better to teach people how to play the game when they released the last big update.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deskp

@believer258 said:

I guess there's not much wrong with "for the story", but what happened to playing games for the game part?

Well some games you play for the fun gameplay and some for the setting/story.. some for both! what draws me to The witcher 2 is the story/setting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.