Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Will the decisions I made in the first game be considered?

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ItBeStefYo

For example in the first game I helped the Order of the Flaming Rose and went with Shani instead of Triss. So will I be asked at the start of The Witcher 2 what decisions I made?

I was planning to play this on 360 but will I have to be on PC to import my save?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Yep.

Only read half the question, fuck. You should play this PC game on PC though, regardless.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@AlexW00d said:

Yep.

Only read half the question, fuck. You should play this PC game on PC though, regardless.

My PC can't handle it, I think the 360 version looks just fine though, great even.

And does the 360 version just straight up ask you questions at the start?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Canteu

@ItBeStefYo: It follows off a default ending, and you aren't asked any questions at the start.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By donkeycow

I was in the same boat, my computer could run the first game fine but was no where near powerful enough for the second. Unfortunately the game uses a default set up wherein (spoilers for the first game) you go down the neutral path, pick Triss over Shani, kill Siegfried, and kill Adda. Its a bit annoying seeing as like you i sided with the Order, picked Shani, and spared Adda. Fortunately they reference the first game very little and even if you were playing the second game on pc you will still be with Triss in it since the game tells you that you and Shani had a falling out between titles.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Canteu said:

@ItBeStefYo: It follows off a default ending, and you aren't asked any questions at the start.

Now I have conflicting reports... who to believe.

Anyway what you said sounds like the worst thing ever, I NEED CONTINUITY

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wjb

...first...game...?

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Donkeycow: Wow, this sucks. Siegfried was my main homie and I wanted to settle down with Shani in the countryside :'(

Triss is a bitch IMO, I wonder if this will affect my enjoyment of this game. Or if I should wait for some crazy Shani-Siegfried ultimate producers cut witcher 2

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

As far as I know, the state of some things change, but I'm not sure it affects any major plot development or whatever.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By donkeycow

@ItBeStefYo said:

@Donkeycow: Wow, this sucks. Siegfried was my main homie and I wanted to settle down with Shani in the countryside :'(

Triss is a bitch IMO, I wonder if this will affect my enjoyment of this game. Or if I should wait for some crazy Shani-Siegfried ultimate producers cut witcher 2

Well no matter what you do you are with Triss in the second game. She's a bit less abrasive in it so its not quite so bad. Also i agree 100% about Siegfried, he was a boss and it pissed me off greatly when some dude claimed i murdered him. In the end however i found ways to resolve all the issues in my mind to make it cannon i.e. Adda died during her recovery, Siegfried was killed in the days following the orders fall and some dude blames me for it, and for the Shani thing i just found the journal entry you get in the PC version if you had picked her in the first game saying how Geralt and her went their separate ways and Geralt found comfort with Triss.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valrog

@rebgav said:

No, your decisions don't matter in the slightest.

They do if you're obsessing over details. Shani / Triss thing is irrelevant from what I've experienced, at least I didn't find anything that would mention those events, but there are some things that are connected to the first game, but they don't really show until the final chapter.

@ItBeStefYo: If you can play it on PC, then I definitely recommend it. Raven's armor looks better than ever, and also if you import your save Siegfried will make a return. I had to cut him down in the first game because he became completely delusional, but he's in the second game, albeit playing a very small role. Still, it's great for people who spared his life, as he was (And still is, I suppose) a great character.

@Donkeycow: Didn't know there was a journal entry regarding Shani. Then again, I did pick Triss in the first game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.