Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Character Descriptions in Glossary glitched?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

There are several entries in the character glossary that just stop in mid sentence even though I'm fairly certain that the game is done with that character.

Is anyone else running into this? The scroll bar on the right for the description is blanked out and doesn't do anything. I assume there is more text that should be scrollable.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've noticed a few odd entries mentioning things that didn't actually happen in my game, but I haven't noticed any ending mid sentence.

Give an example maybe?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

I've noticed a few odd entries mentioning things that didn't actually happen in my game, but I haven't noticed any ending mid sentence.

Give an example maybe?

The entries for the Strenger family characters. I just finished up their story with the Bloody Baron heading into the mountains with his wife and their entries are still incomplete. They just end in a fragmented sentence.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zeik

@golguin: Nope, all of those are complete for me.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The update as you complete quests about those characters or related to those characters. Until you do its not a complete entry. It even tells you when its been updated.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured out the problem. You select the glossary entry scroll wheel by pushing right on the analogue stick or direction pad. I kept trying to select them with X or use up and down with the L, R, and directional pad to scroll through their entry. The same goes for the monster entries.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By poisonjam7

This isn't related the the issue the OP is having, but I've noticed that sometimes the character entries can spoil quests you haven't finished. They don't seem to follow the steps too well - often giving too much information before you learn it.

For example: I was doing the main quest in Novigrad - trying to find Dandelion. I was on the step to go meet Triss at the Eternal Fire shrine at midnight. I was reading someone's character entry, can't remember who, but it told me the plan Triss had of using her as a prize to get in to see Menge before I had learned of such a thing. It's not a huge deal, but it makes me wary of reading them before quests are done - especially main quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.