Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Controller Troubles (PS4)

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hopefully this hasn't been covered elsewhere but I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with camera control during their playtime? In the version I'm playing, the PS4 copy with the most recent update, the camera seems to move all on it's own, always dropping downwards as if the stick is right stick is messed up. To be clear, this is a launch PS4 controller so it is entirely possible that it's a problem on my end, but I wanted to ask if anyone else is having this issue before dropping sixty bucks on a new controller and finding out that isn't the problem. It (the right stick I mean) works fine in other games such as Battlefield 4/Hardline so maybe it's just a case of the game being too sensitive?

Anyone else having issue with this one feel free to get back to me. It's just odd.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Is there any way you can hook your DualShock 4 up to a PC and use a controller utility like Pinnacle or DS4Tool to see if inputs are being detected from your analog stick when it is in the neutral position? This can be a common problem with controllers, and if the dead zone setting in a particular game isn't large enough, you could experience analog drift like you have been. Dead zone will vary from game to game even on the same console, so it's possible the dead zone in Witcher 3 is just really narrow and unfortunately there isn't anything on the console side you can do about it. Try turning your camera rotation speed down and see if that helps.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am playing on PS4 also, and have not experienced anything like that myself.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RonGalaxy

Haven't experienced anything like this. Though its weird that it's working fine for you with other games

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Haven't experienced anything like this. Though its weird that it's working fine for you with other games

It's not weird, dead zone as well as things like acceleration and linearity can be set by developers on a per-game basis. It just sounds to me like the OP has an analog stick that has been damaged or needs calibration and the dead zone in Witcher 3 is more narrow than in other games.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GERALTITUDE

This is definitely (ok probably) a controller issue, not a game issue.

The reason it's working (not noticeable) for other games is that the Witcher 3 default camera sensitivity is utter madness. Turn it down to the lowest setting and see if the problem persists. I play at that setting myself and it's fine mechanically.

karmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've had this exact issue from the launch of The Witcher 3, it definitely seems like a problem with the dead zone in the game, it's not your controller as it happens to mine on not just one but two controllers I've tried, it's a very annoying issue and I hope some day it gets patched but I've been googling this problem since the launch of the game and only you seem to be the other person that has difficulty also.

Any other game and both controllers work fine, only in this game have I experienced these problems. There doesn't seem to be many people that have experienced this though, so I doubt there will be a fix any time soon unfortunately.

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mathj

having this problem as well. driving me nuts!

edit: yeah, bought a new controller. no problems.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zeik

It's a controller issue, but it's compounded with issues inherent to the game. I have 3 PS4 controllers, and the newest of which has no problems at all, but the most used one does have the camera issue and also the R2 doesn't work quite right, even though it seems to work fine elsewhere. The way they seem to have calibrated the controls it seems to be more sensitive to imperfections that don't affect other games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.