Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Witcher 3 SLI Performance

M3cha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For those who have SLI configurations, how is your performance?

I've noticed that if I have SLI on, Witcher 3 inevitably crashes. If I don't have it on, I have terrible performance but it doesn't seem to crash.

I have a ASUS GTX 980 Reference w/ a EVGA Hybrid cooler SLI'd with a EVGA GTX 980 Hybrid. Really sad that SLI crashes in this game.

How do other duders fare with SLI?

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ds9143

I have 2 identical EVGA GTX 770s, I've had one crash in 60 hours of play. I get decent scaling, between 60-80 fps without hairworks and everything else maxed. So I can't complain. I know you can sli cards from different manufacturers, but I have never done it personally.

For fun I decided to check the performance of a single 770 on these settings, I got 35 to 45 fps. So we are looking at close to 90% scaling which is excellent.

What kind of performance are you experiencing?

M3cha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ds9143: At 3440x1440, I get 60 FPS with everything maxed apart from Sharpening on Low (personal taste), no AA, and Hairworks off. I just played about an hour of gameplay in the Velen wilderness with no crashes, then I went to Novigrad to sell and crashed when talking to a master sword smith. Gah, haha.

Witcher 3 is the only game to crash like this, as far as I am aware. Just tried Assassin's Creed Unity and apart from the terrible performance it... well, at least it didn't crash.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Zurv

SLI hasn't caused any problems for me. But there is much bitching on the internetz about how GPU usage isn't great. I have quad Titan X SLI and the cards are only using 50%-60% (vs 100%!! when it is done well). I'm playing at 4k with every setting turned on (hair too).

https://youtu.be/6nlYyCeyMVM <-- My system playing the witcher on 4k

on my other SLI system connected to the TV. That too has 0 crashes, but 1080p is eye cancer so it doesn't really need SLI titan X. I've played about 30 hours so far.

Are you sure the crashes are because of the video? the games is also going to use your CPU more than a normal game. CPU OC stable? can you prime95 it?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karkarov

I have had some crashed since the most recent patch and am using SLI but it has only been 2-3 in hours and hours of play. Not a big deal. Other than that my performance is stellar, have no issues or frame problems. Using 2 Asus 970 Strix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.