Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wonderful 101

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 23, 2013

An action game from Hideki Kamiya, originally designed exclusively for the Nintendo Wii U. Control one hundred superheroes in real-time as they save the Earth from a massive alien invasion.

New Nintendo Direct all about The Wonderful 101

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

Includes Hideki Kamiya in a suit being polite, the reveal of the ability to activate up to five Unite Morphs at once, a new kickass trailer and more. The game looks brilliant!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know if Kamiya trolled people with the suit or if it was a Nintendo order. Hope he only trolled^^

AS for the game. Not interesting for me but people will probably like this game if they love stuff like Pikmin and wired Japanese super heroes^^

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't he hyping some kind of big announcement or something? Also the demo is apparently out on the EShop right now.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope after this direct Kamiya told some one off camera to "Fu*k off". This game looks pretty nifty.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darji
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh the constant reminder about the date was obnoxious.

Otherwise I've been looking forward to this, but I'm concerned about the length. Guess we'll see.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Otherwise I've been looking forward to this, but I'm concerned about the length. Guess we'll see.

When does it come out again? I watched the Direct and didn't catch it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux said:

That was a joke based on the structure of a typical Nintendo Direct, where Iwata will show a number of different games and at the end of each presentation show the game's logo and the release date.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Klei

Looks awesome. The only thing I know about this game is, according to Platinum Game, that it's going to be quite short. They said something like '' if you buy your games for replay value, pass on this one ''. Something of that nature, not in those words of course.

EDIT : Those glasses really don't fit his head.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei: They said it's about 20 hours. The comment you're referring to was basically Kamiya saying (as he and Inaba clarified later) "I never try to make a game longer just for the sake of it, and if you're the kind of person who prioritizes a game's length over it's quality, then I don't want you playing my games". It wasn't about the length of The Wonderful 101, it was about basing your game purchases on length being a shitty attitude.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemael said:

@klei: They said it's about 20 hours. The comment you're referring to was basically Kamiya saying (as he and Inaba clarified later) "I never try to make a game longer just for the sake of it, and if you're the kind of person who prioritizes a game's length over it's quality, then I don't want you playing my games". It wasn't about the length of The Wonderful 101, it was about basing your game purchases on length being a shitty attitude.

I dunno if I buy that. Probably 20 hours because they expect you to replay it over and over. A single run can't be that long.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux:http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/34703

"In The case of Wonderful 101, we really try to pack a lot of different ideas into it, and it got a lot bigger than I thought. And in fact we estimate that a normal play session would be 20 hours."

They said a normal playthrough of Bayonetta should take about 10 hours by their estimate, so twice as long as that game.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jsnyder82

This looks crazy fun. I just bought Pikmin 3, and between that, this, and Rayman Legends, my Wii U is gonna get some heavy use for the next couple months.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@your_girlfriend_fuk_me: Oh now I know who you are. You are the guy from gametrailers. What was your name again?^^

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I will be $60 poorer on September 15th.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.