Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

They Bleed Pixels

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 29, 2012

They Bleed Pixels is a Lovecraftian combat platformer game from Spooky Squid Games Inc.

Great Quicklook- picking this up

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrangryface

Was totally going to ignore this because all I saw on the steam store was some weird game with a little girl and NICE TRY INTERNET seeing the quicklook and how the game works- using the environment hazards to aid in killing/and raise score makes it feel like a lot more than a jump game a la meatboy- more like dustforce (which I am horrible at) but I like to THINK im capable of playing games where the focus is on perfecting execution- like Shinobi for PS2- man, that was a great game too.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By morningstar

Im so tired of these indie pixelated games, but this one looks amazing. Sure buy for me.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrangryface

I like how ghostly versions of your corpse litter the level as you die and retry

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By dvdhaus

I picked this up after the quick look also and am really enjoying it. Granted I am a sucker for all these pixelated 2D sidscrollers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

It looks like a good entry in the genre, I'm just not sure I want to play more of that right now :/

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrangryface

@Rmack: Yeah- don't wanna force it- best to pick things up when you're open to giving them a shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@mrangryface said:

@Rmack: Yeah- don't wanna force it- best to pick things up when you're open to giving them a shot.

If I hadn't played so much Dustforce I'd be totally open to this right now, which is why I'm so torn up inside! Going on the wishlist; hopefully Steam has some Fall/Memorial Day sale thing.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By zeushbien

I'm normally not big on these things, but something struck my fancy about this one so I've just bought it, downloading it right now. Hope I like it.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Funzzo

8 bucks on steam and this game kicks ass.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrangryface

Man, third dream- shits gettin real- the whole checkpoint thing adds a cool tension to level progression

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zuldim

I just bought it on a whim after watching the quick look as well. About to open it up.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Zuldim said:

I just bought it on a whim after watching the quick look as well. About to open it up.

You're the only one in this thread that has obtained rare achievements for this game (except for  
    myself) & everyone else in the thread either stopped at Chapter 2 or never installed the game. 
    LOL. I was just checking to see if anyone on GB actually played this game & it looks pretty  
    barren.  Although I've played a shit-ton of it now & near the end of it. 

What's funny is that I even watched a few different people's YouTube playthroughs & two  
    of them gave up after chapter 2 or around chapter 3.  They wouldn't do the videos for TBP  
    anymore.  It was pretty comical how people gave up so quick on this game.  The YouTubers 
    probably should have looked at another guy's YouTube that went through the whole thing. 
    It helps on the rough spots & keep the frustration levels in check. 
    Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zuldim

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

@Zuldim said:

You're the only one in this thread that has obtained rare achievements for this game (except for myself) & everyone else in the thread either stopped at Chapter 2 or never installed the game. LOL. I was just checking to see if anyone on GB actually played this game & it looks pretty barren. Although I've played a shit-ton of it now & near the end of it. What's funny is that I even watched a few different people's YouTube playthroughs & two of them gave up after chapter 2 or around chapter 3. They wouldn't do the videos for TBP anymore. It was pretty comical how people gave up so quick on this game. The YouTubers probably should have looked at another guy's YouTube that went through the whole thing. It helps on the rough spots & keep the frustration levels in check.

I ended up giving up in frustration on The End, not because it was too difficult (though it was very difficult), but because when I was about 80% through the level, the game crashed and wanted me to start over. This was like almost two hours of very difficult progress lost. It's a really good game though, I might have to get back into it at some point.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Zuldim said:

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

@Zuldim said:

You're the only one in this thread that has obtained rare achievements for this game (except for myself) & everyone else in the thread either stopped at Chapter 2 or never installed the game. LOL. I was just checking to see if anyone on GB actually played this game & it looks pretty barren. Although I've played a shit-ton of it now & near the end of it. What's funny is that I even watched a few different people's YouTube playthroughs & two of them gave up after chapter 2 or around chapter 3. They wouldn't do the videos for TBP anymore. It was pretty comical how people gave up so quick on this game. The YouTubers probably should have looked at another guy's YouTube that went through the whole thing. It helps on the rough spots & keep the frustration levels in check.

I ended up giving up in frustration on The End, not because it was too difficult (though it was very difficult), but because when I was about 80% through the level, the game crashed and wanted me to start over. This was like almost two hours of very difficult progress lost. It's a really good game though, I might have to get back into it at some point.

Starting over isn't that tough really.  On one mission when I got frustrated, I accidentally 
    clicked "Restart Level" instead of Save & Exit.  It didn't bother me to go back & practice 
    to get back to where I was.  It's all frame of mind.  At least it wasn't N+, some of the  
    episodes in that game are fukn impossible. 
    Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zuldim

It wasn't so much the difficulty of starting over, more of me getting ticked off at the game for it, and not wanting to do it again. Then putting it off so long I've gotten rusty at the game, and would have to struggle through it to complete it. I'll go back and finish The End eventually, I'm just not sure when. I played enough of TBP to know it's one of my favorite indie games of the year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.