Just bought it, and like it a lot so far.

#1 Posted by Jetpaction (77 posts) -

It's available now for 8 euro (or 10 dollar?) at Desura.com for PC & Mac. I've played it up until level 2.7 and the family of blocks expands even more than what we've seen in the QL. Also physics and water come into play later on, making it a little bit more difficult every level. I really like the atmosphere, music and narration. And the fact that you're actually starting to care for a couple of blocks is kinda funny.

#2 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

wow....that paragraph sounds like you're talking about portal.

#3 Posted by ErgoMeSmart (37 posts) -

I got my version through Indie City (it's £5.99 on there) and I've played up to about 4.2. Bar some lag issues due to my settings being too high, it's been a fun, tight platformer so far, and I've actually kinda started caring for the characters, which is kinda weird when you think about it, because they are 'just' blocks, after all. Also, man are the levels getting difficult at this point...

#4 Posted by VooDooPC (317 posts) -

@ErgoMeSmart said:

I got my version through Indie City (it's £5.99 on there) and I've played up to about 4.2. Bar some lag issues due to my settings being too high, it's been a fun, tight platformer so far, and I've actually kinda started caring for the characters, which is kinda weird when you think about it, because they are 'just' blocks, after all. Also, man are the levels getting difficult at this point...

Your settings are too high for a 2D game that consists of mostly one light source, some water effects, and some blocks? What are you running this thing on?

#5 Posted by PandaBear (1344 posts) -

@VooDooPC said:

@ErgoMeSmart said:

Your settings are too high for a 2D game that consists of mostly one light source, some water effects, and some blocks? What are you running this thing on?

A potato.

#6 Posted by ErgoMeSmart (37 posts) -

@PandaBear said:

@VooDooPC said:

@ErgoMeSmart said:

A potato.

To be fair, I was running the game on 'Fantastic' settings on my potato at first.

#7 Posted by PandaBear (1344 posts) -

@ErgoMeSmart said:

@PandaBear said:

@VooDooPC said:

@ErgoMeSmart said:

A potato.

To be fair, I was running the game on 'Fantastic' settings on my potato at first.

I'm not judging. My only computer capable of gaming has all the power of a banana.

#8 Posted by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Just finished playing it. It indeed manages to make you think about a cast of shapes much more than you'd think. Narration can be a powerful storytelling tool, it seems. The music definitely adds a lot to the atmosphere as well. Maybe a bit disappointed with the lack of payoff given how much tedious platforming you go through over the course of it, but it was pretty decent overall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.