Tiberium Killed?

#1 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

According to this report Link the new Squad-based shooter based in the C&C3 realm has been killed off compeltely? is this true? i've been out of the loop for some months now just came accross this today as i was looking to see how far EA had got with the game?

I cant believe it has been axed, it was looking really impressive..... does anyone have any news on this as to a reason why? The link provided says something about not meeting standards whatever the hell that means

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Yes. As you said, it was killed off several months ago.

Something about not meeting quality standards. After EA released Mercs 2. I was fairly perturbed, since this looked miles better than Mercs 2.

#3 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

hmmm... this troubles me greatly, because Tiberum was like at least a yr and a half away from development, it had barely begun the first stages of development, talk about killing off a project prematurely, didn't even give it a chance by the looks of it

#4 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Looks far too simple

One weapon? meh

#5 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

where did u get the idea it only had 1 weapon? it would have had a lot, production barely started on the game

#6 Edited by pause422 (6187 posts) -

it was killed off like a year ago now it seems.....even before it was released officially, everyone knew it was dead. Also yes, it was only gonna have one weapon that transforms into other weapons. That was their whole concept. Just like the first C&C FPS though, it would of been shit once more, EA just got to killing it off when they had the chance, thankfully.

#7 Posted by Masonicon (5 posts) -

Why EA Cancels this game, this can be better sequel for Tiberium Wars because of Scrin's return

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
This game was cancelled? WHY, GOD, WHY???/?¿?.
#9 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@pause422 said:

Just like the first C&C FPS though, it would of been shit once more.

Whoa whoa whoa guy. Command and Conquer: Renegade was awesome when it came out.

#10 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@VACkillers said:

where did u get the idea it only had 1 weapon? it would have had a lot, production barely started on the game

Which is the right time to kill a game. The Command & Conquer name doesn't have the value it once did. Maybe it will resurface as something entirely different with a different branding in the future.

#11 Posted by jking47 (1211 posts) -

@Masonicon said:

Why EA Cancels this game, this can be better sequel for Tiberium Wars because of Scrin's return

Holy shit were did you learn necromancy?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.