Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Anyone else regretting their purchase?

• 85 results
    Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Saw TF on sale on Origin so I decided to pick up the deluxe edition since I had a bit of fun in beta. Dear God I got bored fast. I wish I had returned it within the 24 hour window EA's "Great Game" guarantee allows you. There also seems to be absolutely no one playing on PC unless it's one of the xpack modes as well. Severely disappointing...

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, it's actually hard to find full matches even with the expansion. Dead game.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mcfart

No regrets here. Since I didn't buy it

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I had plenty of fun with it and I bought it at $60.

@cbk486 said:

Yeah, it's actually hard to find full matches even with the expansion. Dead game.

Dead as in no one playing, or dead as in you can't get a full match all the time?

It's still installed, I'll try a match later today.

EDIT: I had no problem getting into a match of Hardpoint on the PC version. Though, like everyone else has said, it's fun but for some reason I don't feel compelled to play more of it.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'd say the amount of value I got out of it was kind of borderline on regret, but I played it for about a solid week.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wanted to trade it in in April, but didn't.

That I regret.

Flavbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nah I feel I had my money worth of playtime. But it sure wasn't the long lasting multiplayer relationship I was expecting/prepared for.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't regret not purchasing the game but I thought the beta was pretty badass. It just didn't have any meat to it. It should have released at $30 or had twice as many maps and guns than it did.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played it hard for 2 weeks and then stopped. Had fun while playing it but it just didn't have staying power.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I still play it on and off. I don't actually play a lot these days and I often find myself playing Titanfall since I can get in one or two matches before I get back to doing more productive stuff. I actually like playing it in short bursts.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mano521

It came with the xbox so I can only pretend that i paid money for it. I would definitely regret the purchase since i havent played it for like 2 months. Ive just been playing BF4 the whole time. I beat both campaigns and dicked around in the proper multiplayer for a decent amount of time, but theres just nothing drawing me back for whatever reason.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Still lots of people on the Xbox, I like it!

Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good (bad?) to hear I'm not the only one disappointed.

@gaspower said:

Yeah I still play it on and off. I don't actually play a lot these days and I often find myself playing Titanfall since I can get in one or two matches before I get back to doing more productive stuff. I actually like playing it in short bursts.

I think that's what most people might be doing, which is why most game modes are dead.

I'm really disappointed in Respawn, but more so in myself for not getting a refund in time.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not regret per say, but I'm confused how something could of been so forgettable in such a short time. I think my passion for the game lasted at most 3-4 weeks. Then I had absolutely no interest in playing it what so ever. I played more COD ghosts and it's not even a very good COD game. Even a Titanfall 2 at this time does not seem that interesting.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GaspoweR

@destroyeron said:

It's good (bad?) to hear I'm not the only one disappointed.

@gaspower said:

I think that's what most people might be doing, which is why most game modes are dead.

I'm really disappointed in Respawn, but more so in myself for not getting a refund in time.

To be fair, I'm actually not disappointed in Respawn. They took a risk with the model they went with being MP focused. Titanfall is a great game but its one of those games that suffers because it didn't have long legs and there are a lot of factors contributing to that especially on PC wherein their competition pretty much comes from ALL types of games not just MP shooters (e.g. WoT, DayZ, CS:GO, BF4, Dota, LOL, etc.) though ultimately it may have been because people just quickly moved on to other games, which is always the case for every single game that comes out and the examples I pointed are few of the rare exceptions.

I really hope that they can really step it up for the inevitable sequel. I don't know what they can do though that can make it even more appealing since from the gameplay standpoint, its already pretty solid. The surprising thing about TItanfall is that I can be out for awhile and still be able to compete, unlike in COD where I just get fucking wrecked if I stopped for any long stretch of time. If anything, Respawn nailed the balance of the game so it doesn't skew so much in favor of people who have been playing the game a lot and those who stopped playing can just jump back in and still have a relatively good time with it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone remember the INSANE amount of hype this game had before it came out? It was ridiculous and only seems more ridiculous now.

I guess I can safely say that Titanfall was the greatest demo of all time and not a lot more than that.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: I mean the hype I feel was more or less well deserved since it still is a great game to me. I just played it yesterday and I had a lot of fun with it. Its just unfortunate that there isn't a lot of people playing left so it takes awhile to find matches in game modes that aren't Attrition.

Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

To be fair, I'm actually not disappointed in Respawn. They took a risk with the model they went with being MP focused. Titanfall is a great game but its one of those games that suffers because it didn't have long legs and there are a lot of factors contributing to that especially on PC wherein their competition pretty much comes from ALL types of games not just MP shooters (e.g. WoT, DayZ, CS:GO, BF4, Dota, LOL, etc.) though ultimately it may have been because people just quickly moved on to other games, which is always the case for every single game that comes out and the examples I pointed are few of the rare exceptions.

I really hope that they can really step it up for the inevitable sequel. I don't know what they can do though that can make it even more appealing since from the gameplay standpoint, its already pretty solid. The surprising thing about TItanfall is that I can be out for awhile and still be able to compete, unlike in COD where I just get fucking wrecked if I stopped for any long stretch of time. If anything, Respawn nailed the balance of the game so it doesn't skew so much in favor of people who have been playing the game a lot and those who stopped playing can just jump back in and still have a relatively good time with it.

I can appreciate the risks they took, I just expected more from the people that created the COD series. I've got to disagree with the game balance, I was getting absolutely wrecked when I started. People running around with their SMGs, electric smoke and getting their titans almost instantly thanks to burn cards. I think the smart pistol is one of the worst ideas in the entire game as well. I think COD is more twitchy so it takes a bit longer to get back into that mode.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i played it a bit and had fun so not really i mean it died out rather fast and i usually dont really care about mp games. but it was a bit different from all the other shooters so it was interesting and fun

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Drekly

It's still going strong on Xbox One, I play it all the time and always manage to jump into match after match. Titanfall is such a goddamn fun game.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GaspoweR

@destroyeron: Well, yeah the stuff you mentioned can also be pretty frustrating but I don't know maybe its just with our play styles but I can adapt a lot faster with Titanfall compared to COD. I mean both games are twitchy but COD with the way it's structured I feel like is more prone to a snowball even from just one guy especially with the need of maps having to be relatively small.

Also there is a lot of differing opinions about the smart pistol but I feel like I can handily take care guys of smart pistols. There aren't a lot of games that have been won that was skewed in favor of the team that had a lot of smart pistol users from my experience.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Does anyone remember the INSANE amount of hype this game had before it came out? It was ridiculous and only seems more ridiculous now.

I guess I can safely say that Titanfall was the greatest demo of all time and not a lot more than that.

It looked amazing, the gameplay trailer still looks amazing but I think the problem was that was the Entire game in that clip. The game reminded me of Brink, a less shitty Brink.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spraynardtatum

@gaspower said:

@spraynardtatum: I mean the hype I feel was more or less well deserved since it still is a great game to me. I just played it yesterday and I had a lot of fun with it. Its just unfortunate that there isn't a lot of people playing left so it takes awhile to find matches in game modes that aren't Attrition.

There was a huge blindspot in the hype in regard to the longevity. Maybe demo is too harsh. When I look at the fact that not a lot of people are still playing a game that was as fun as Titanfall was I start thinking that the game didn't offer much of a reason to keep playing. I played the beta and then tried the full game out during the free 48 hour thing on Origin and there wasn't much more in the full release. It's bare bones. The fact that there's no single-player makes it that much more apparent.

Comparing it specifically to multiplayer game types in other retail fps games (Call of Duty, Killzone, Halo, Battlefield, etc) it still feels hollow and they offer campaigns on top of their more robust multiplayer modes.

I think Titanfall was really fun and will have an impact on the genre because of the innovative stuff it did with mobility, but it's not a feature rich game and that hurts it a lot. Its hooks aren't deep.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mackgyver

Not at all. It's a really fun game.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spraynardtatum

@evilsbane: Yep, that's why I think it's the greatest "demo" of all time. They showed the full game in a single match and it looks like the most exciting thing ever made. What you see is what you get and nothing more.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#26  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I played it hard for 2 weeks and then stopped. Had fun while playing it but it just didn't have staying power.

Pretty much the same here. I don't regret the purchase, but I've certainly made better ones. I play Ravaged more often than this.

Titanfall had some great ideas, as evilsbane said it's a lot like Brink but better (for the most part - I still think Brink did a much better job at making the campaign feel somewhat meaningful). It just doesn't have a lot of staying power. The core gameplay is fun, but there's no weapon variety and very same-y maps.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it for the 360 awhile back (yeah i know), but i still had alot of fun for about 2 weeks. Haven't played or even really thought about it at all till now. I dont regret it, it was fun for awhile.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By cornbredx

You should've known better.

It's a multiplayer only game that's been out for over a year.

There's no one to blame, but yourself.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By asurastrike

@cornbredx said:

It's been out like 4 months. It released on March 11, 2014.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the Xbox One bundle, and I still regret buying the game. I never really liked controlling the titans, by the end I was wishing that there was a Titanless game mode. The parkour stuff was cool, but it just felt like a mediocre Call of Duty game really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had fun with the Titanfall beta, but an all MP game just isn't for me anymore. That's why Destiny is a better proposition for me. I can play a few MP rounds and get my fill, but I will have the solo/coop missions to fill the void.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

No regrets here. Since I didn't buy it

So what is the point in commenting?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@cornbredx said:

It's been out like 4 months. It released on March 11, 2014.

It was a fun game. Don't regret it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Even though I spent most of my time with the game during the beta I don't regret buying the game. I may not play it anymore, but I'm happy to have supported a game I spent upwards of 50 hours with.

Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had fun with the Titanfall beta, but an all MP game just isn't for me anymore. That's why Destiny is a better proposition for me. I can play a few MP rounds and get my fill, but I will have the solo/coop missions to fill the void.

Have you tried the Destiny beta? Watched a friend play through it and he cancelled his preorder. Seems like they want you to do the same stuff over and over again...

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fully regrettable purchase for me. I barely put any time into the game and got bored quickly. Whenever I try to go back and get into it I can barely make it through one match.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I kinda agree with the OP, it was fun for half a week but in my view Battlefield was just the better long-term game (and it's still thriving, loads of populated 64 player servers).

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ya'll are crazy. I got more than my money's worth out of it and still hop on with friends at least once a week. Best game this year so far IMO, and am really enjoying how much attention they're giving it with updates months after release.

DrPeatore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DrPeatore

I got 30 odd hours out of it but don't think I'll go back. Is a fun game I just have a hard time keeping with first person shooters.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nope, I had plenty of fun playing it, didn't disappoint at all. Look forward to getting back into it when my friends get XBONEs.

I don't understand the lukewarm reception that it got, maybe people were just expecting something different.

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
    EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EndlessObsidian

I bought it day one and played for about a month with a friend online. We both reached G2 and then stopped. I don't really regret my purchase as I really did have a lot of fun with it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not entirely sure what it is, maybe it's the time I play it, but I've never had a time when I couldn't find a match in about a minute. A lot of people seem to have a problem with finding matches. Maybe it's far more popular in Europe? I dunno.

Played a bit of it yesterday. No problem at all getting into a match.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The problem is PC. It is dead there, no doubt. I have it on the One and it's always full in almost all game modes. Bottom line, console people love it. While PC people have better things to do.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. I haven't played much recently but the time I did spend with it with some friends (we still go back to it once in a while) was worth it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'd say I got more than my money's worth in just my first week of playing, and I still jump in periodically and continue to enjoy playing it. No issues getting into full matches on Xbox One.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By TheHT

They should put it on Steam.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@gaspower said:

There was a huge blindspot in the hype in regard to the longevity. Maybe demo is too harsh. When I look at the fact that not a lot of people are still playing a game that was as fun as Titanfall was I start thinking that the game didn't offer much of a reason to keep playing. I played the beta and then tried the full game out during the free 48 hour thing on Origin and there wasn't much more in the full release. It's bare bones. The fact that there's no single-player makes it that much more apparent.

Comparing it specifically to multiplayer game types in other retail fps games (Call of Duty, Killzone, Halo, Battlefield, etc) it still feels hollow and they offer campaigns on top of their more robust multiplayer modes.

I think Titanfall was really fun and will have an impact on the genre because of the innovative stuff it did with mobility, but it's not a feature rich game and that hurts it a lot. Its hooks aren't deep.

The hype for the game was just insane. I remember back when footage was first released and people on these forums and elsewhere were losing their minds over it. I just thought it looked like Call of Duty with mechs and jetpacks and actually got attacked for expressing that opinion. The sad thing is, I wasn't exactly wrong on that.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is PC. It is dead there, no doubt. I have it on the One and it's always full in almost all game modes. Bottom line, console people love it. While PC people have better things to do.

This is most likely where the perceived problem is. A game like Titanfall has no place in the PC FPS crowd.

"There's a gun that aims for you? Then what the fuck do I have this mouse for?!"

I think FPS players on PC generally want the gameplay to have a somewhat high skill ceiling, to be able to improve yourself (a lot) is a big part of the appeal of using a mouse to aim. Calling down Titans to be able to take massive amounts of damage and having smart guns just doesn't feel very appealing to a PC FPS player when they could instead be working on their headshot accuracy in CSGO or those snapshots in Shootmania.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

A little. While I enjoyed my time with it, I have gotten bored with it. Not to mention, I thought I was going to have someone to play it which would have helped me to continue to enjoy playing it but that ended up not working out so that has also diminished my interest.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the deluxe version on sale for $47.99 (it's back on sale right now) and I think the game is totally worth that. Although I probably would have regretted paying full price for it. I just don't think there's enough content to justify it. The DLC is kind of lame. I sometimes go back and play COD4. It's still active on PC and has some very nice and completely free DLC maps. You know, back before publishers realized they could charge for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.