Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Jungle

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 07, 2012

An action game set in post-apocalyptic Japan where the human race has inexplicably disappeared, leaving wild animals to reclaim the planet.

More (probably final) DLC this week.

Avatar image for least100seraphs
    least100seraphs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By least100seraphs

Spoiler-free version:

Sony Blogcast announced "even more Tokyo Jungle characters", which means that the Sabre-tooth tiger and the three "?" DLC icons in the character select list will be/are most likely going to be available. I'd be predicting a bundle for ~$2.50 much like the first two bundles.

Source:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/18/playstation-blogcast-047-everybody-loves-frobisher/

Be aware, the announcement is spoiler-ific. Skip to 20:06 to hear it, but there are DLC and general game spoilers.

Spoilered version:

The Salary Man is the one specific character mentioned in the Blogcast. Given that the Salary Man was the final DLC character released in Japan, it's a safe bet that we will receive the final 4 DLC animals today. For reference, the Salary Man was released in Japan 19/07/2012, Peking Man (Homo-Erectus) the previous week (12/07/12), ERC-X the week before that (05/07/2012), and Sabre-Tooth Tiger was... you guessed it... 28/06/2012.
    WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WalkerD

Great, Could not be more stoked for some Salary Man action.

Avatar image for least100seraphs
    least100seraphs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By least100seraphs

Quick update: DLC is up. As expected, Bundle 3 contains the last 4 characters @ $2.49. There's also a "all characters" bundle with all 12 @ $6.99.

Three new costumes as well - a Mawashi (Sumo belt etc) for Tosas only, a Famitsu Swag (body), and an Ape Escape flashing light helmet (chimps only).

That brings us up to date and in line with the JP release, so that's probably all there is to see for this game.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kerned

Is Salary Man a predator? Because Celery Man would make a great grazer counterpart.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jasonefmonk

I've stopped the unlock fest because XCOM exists, and wants my consciousness. I'll buy these and get more Tokyo Jungle in when I have the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.