Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Future Soldier is the first in Ubisoft's long-running Ghost Recon series of tactical shooters to take place in the near-future.

Beta Players Discuss!

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UnrealDP

So the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta is going strong and I wanna know how much you guys have been loving it! So far all I have to say is the gun customization they've been making such a big deal of seems like it'd be great with kinect! Although it only seems that way because they made it crappy to navigate with a controller...

Side note! If you're having trouble playing with your SP:Conviction disc, but you've already got it downloaded, just join a session from the dash or any other game and it should boot up without having to go through Conviction.

Also for people who don't want to download on the Conviction disc:

@DrJota said:

@UnrealDP: I had the same issue as well,but the beta showed up in my download history and I was able to install without the disc.

So far I'm enjoying it,anyone looking for a second feel free to send me a request.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cikame

Just beginning the extremely slow download and i can't leave the xbox menu or the download cancels... great piece of engineering there.

So the conviction disc will be spinning for a few hours, guess i could play Trials Evo... no........ I'll finish off Hard Reset or something.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UnrealDP

@cikame said:

Just beginning the extremely slow download and i can't leave the xbox menu or the download cancels... great piece of engineering there. So the conviction disc will be spinning for a few hours, guess i could play Trials Evo... no........ I'll finish off Hard Reset or something.

Yeah, it totally sucks, but at least I had to do some stuff so it worked out. Not only do you have to go to Conviction and then stay on Conviction to download it, you also have to launch it from there and half the time the marketplace icon doesn't show forcing people to macgyver their way to the game. What I'm saying is it's a quality piece of work...

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I'm on playstation. Took 15mins to download.

It's also awesome.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cikame

I don't blame the xbox for the download speed, i live in the UK where our phone lines are made of cobwebs, 3.2mb connection.

Download update, my controller turned off, cancelling the download.
    Apparently Ubisoft are sending out beta keys today aswell so i'm just going to wait for that.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UnrealDP

@xaLieNxGrEyx: The situation's pretty knackered on the xbox, but the main problem isn't the speed as much as downloading on conviction and other weird quirks. At least it is pretty awesome.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By drjota

@UnrealDP: I had the same issue as well,but the beta showed up in my download history and I was able to install without the disc.

So far I'm enjoying it,anyone looking for a second feel free to send me a request.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UnrealDP

@DrJota: Oh, nice man! I never even thought of going through DL history. Quoting your advice on top now.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Divina_Rex

It's fun. I just think they should have spawn switch faster if you are getting spawned camped. Also, sometimes the objectives are placed to near a team's spawn. That causes hell for the forest map especially.

Raiden361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raiden361

Is it just my poor connection to the servers (being from Australia) or do enemies take half a clip to take down? Felt very different from what i was used to with GRAW 2

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By XenoNick

Just loaded the beta up and tried to find a game, found one then proceeded to stare at a loading screen for over five minutes....and I'm still staring.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mustachio

What's this about having to boot the beta up from the disk? My Xbox just has it listed alongside all of my other games and I can therefore just start the beta without even having the disk in the Xbox.

Anyway, I'm somewhat enjoying the beta so far, even though I've never been a fan of the franchise.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By DougCL

the number of infinite loading screens ive gotten stuck in is kind of rediculous. i really hope that it gets sorted before the game ships. other than that, the gameplay is pretty fun.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By fattony12000

Tried to play it on 17 separate occasions over two days, it gets stuck on loading up a game every single time. Great.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By N7

It's pretty fun. Mill has got to be the best map ever. I just creep up behind people, stomping their heads in and flanking their buddies.

Use a Tazer, then when they are knocked down, go up to them and hold Square and every enemy will start glowing bright red through the maps and you can see where they are. Be sure to kill the guy before he gets back up though.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Coafi

@Fattony12000 said:

Tried to play it on 17 separate occasions over two days, it gets stuck on loading up a game every single time. Great.

Same here, any way to get out of the loading screen that is not just dashboarding?

How much time did everyone else spend in the loading screen waiting for a game to start up?

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shookems

I played a match yesterday on the PS3, I enjoyed it. Fairly ugly game but it was fun.

They definitely could have benefited from including some sort of brief tutorial though.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By fattony12000

@Coafi: On some occasions I left it 'loading' for 2-3 minutes, on others 20-30 minutes. Utter shit.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By XenoNick
    @Coafi said:

@Fattony12000 said:

Same here, any way to get out of the loading screen that is not just dashboarding?

How much time did everyone else spend in the loading screen waiting for a game to start up?

20 mins in the end....game never loaded up so i gave up.
    jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By jjnen

@XenoNick said:

@Coafi said:

@Fattony12000 said:

Me too. Can we be friends?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Coafi

@Rappelsiini said:

@XenoNick said:

@Coafi said:

@Fattony12000 said:

Me too. Can we be friends?

Ok, so after I went to this link http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/668093-GRFS-Beta-Known-Issues , they say to resolve the loading problem, just restart your console. I did that and the loading time only lasted less than a minute and I was in a game. So, you guys should try that maybe it fixes the problem momentarily until they roll in a patch.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By zyn

I haven't played it but watched my brother play it. Looks good.

EDIT: I've just played 2 matches as a Scout. My thoughts:

• Sniper and Pistol needs buffed.
    • Reduce the radius of Sensor Grenades or replace with Sensor Cameras that need to be deployed.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By GunstarRed

Played about ten or so matches last night (with two loading screen restarts) I really like the maps especially the woodland one, so many routes to get across that map. The guns feel good, it looks pretty nice and it encourages teamwork. I like that It rewards you for holding down areas with the machine gun while others flank. I was a big fan of the GRAW games, especially 2 and this is totally what I wanted. A good mix between sprinting places really fast and creeping gently around corners.

There are some issues that I hope they fix though. Spawning into danger happens far too often and spawning into grenades is kinda bullshit. I also got melee killed through a house.

Edit - I have been playing this a bunch for the last few days, but last night (22nd) I was having some of the most broken online experiences I have ever had. Falling through the world at least three times, being unable to spawn and constantly being told I was about to leave the mission area, getting stuck inside another player , spawning up close between two of the enemy team along with loads of other little issues. I'm a bit worried that this game is coming out in a month, I have a strange feeling the full game at launch is going to have a bunch of this weirdness.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ley_Lines

Wasn't for me, got a free code from Raptr and thought I'd try it but the long load times, the almost instant deaths, and the issue of graphics taking to long to load put me off the experience. I think it could be fun with some tweaks but I don't see this taking off in a major way on consoles. Not for me.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By drjota

@Coafi: Point well taken,I'll have to remember that.

Usual beta jankiness not withstanding,a couple critiques:

Pros:

Grenades killing teammates.While the occasional imbecile gets in the way of things,it definitely helps cut back on the grenade spam,though it doesn't completely eliminate it. (Objective points,for example)

No tagging a la BF.I think having a specialized class or having to take the initiative to complete objectives or data hack someone as opposed to tagging on sight seems proper,due to smaller team size and importance of cover/cloak in certain instances.

Level progression.Holding back on extra weaponry til later levels at least forces you to become comfortable with the base weapons,plus makes it a bit of an easier choice to spend points upgrading weapons that would just be skipped/ignored entirely in other MP shooters.Also,to a certain degree keeps both teams a bit more balanced as far as firepower.

Cons:

UAV's are way too prevalent in the game.They kill off any tactics/strategy,which is not a problem in and of itself,but it seems that the moment you shoot one down another pops up in its place.Having something that vital being replaced so easily just makes defending way too advantageous.If at all possible to have a cooldown timer per squad,it'd keep the back and forth between defenders and attackers in a better rhythm.

Effects from flashbangs last just a hair too long.That....might be personal opinion.

Spawning on squadmates.

All that said,definitely plays better than I was expecting based off of what I saw prior.If Ubi can iron out some of the wrinkles before release,this might be decent.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cikame

Ok i'm finally in thanks to a friends beta key.
    The objective mode being shown in the beta is awkward, i don't know if there's a plan to any of this stuff but most of the time it seems to spawn an objective where all the other team are standing, given how few bullets it takes to kill you and random headshots occuring far too often it's impossible to get to these objectives. Likewise when the objective spawns on you, you arn't losing it, no chance. 
    Graphics are worse than all the trailers and solid 26 frames per second is a little off-putting, don't know if that's a platform thing i'm playing on the xbox. I'm not a graphics fiend but the textures look odd, it's like they are low res but everything is very very sharp.
    Third person shooters are weird online so i can't blame the game too much, you can't move around freely because everyone will be taking cover where it's completely safe and you can't see them, this is what also makes trying to get to an objective impossible.

Other than that the menus work ok, map voting is good, didn't have any problems joining games only took a few seconds.
    I'm really more interested in the single player/co-op for Future Soldier, i hope it's more up to par with the trailer footage.

*All comments made with regards to this being an unfinished version of the game.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Sackmanjones

Pleasntly surprised by this game. I've played only two matches or so and it seems actually...good. I really love how fast your characters move and the movement of cover. The guns feel ok but then again I don't believe I've unlocked any. Like a few people I actually like Ghost Recon for both the Single and Multiplayer. Definitely gonna keep my eye on it.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Solh0und

I'm having alot of fun with this game. With that said, I find the PS3 build of the beta almost unplayable versus the 360 version. I find that the matches I've played on the PS3 have huge latency issues BUT there is alot of people with mics floating around. Regardless of those issues, I'm definitively surprised at this game and I'm picking it up for the 360 next month.

Avatar image for fetchthedubliners
    FetchTheDubliners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. Nuff said.

Sometimes people run around a bit too much. But they usually get messed up.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Spitznock

The game has plenty of good ideas going for it, what with the ludicrous weapon customization, the MGO-esque hack the enemy player to see his team system, etc. and the gameplay is fine, but if they don't get some better maps in there I can't see the game's multiplayer being successful at all. Pipeline in particular simply devolves into a "which team can spawn-camp the other team first" scenario 90% of the time, and as was previously stated, the objectives more often than not spawning right outside of one team's spawn does nothing to alleviate the problem.

I wish I could like it. I want to like it, I really do, but every match I've played save for one or two have been tremendously frustrating due to the shitty map design.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's neat, wish there was a PC beta though, dense environments and low resolution don't go that well together.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#34  Edited By gla55jAw

I'm having a lot of fun. It's a nice change of pace from run and gun shooters that is usually the only thing out there. I'm going to buy it. My only negatives were that, if you are on a team that thinks you are playing TDM, you are not going to have a fun time, and my 360 froze 3 times today. Hopefully that is only a beta problem.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By X19

Got the beta last night. First two matches I had a great team who all had mics (PS3). Fantastic game when everyone works together.

Loving the scout class so will stick with that I think.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Vinny_Says

I was gonna buy anyway just to see the result of remaking this game 90 times but that beta actually surprised me. I had a blast playing, the controls were great, it looked good and there is great potential for tactical combat.

May 22nd can't come soon enough now....

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Casey25

Controls are great, fluid. The class combinations and specializations work well (i.e. no team of all one class) the squad mechanics and spawning are smart. You pretty much know where everyone is most of the time so the game is less about who sees who first and more about using actual tactics and teamwork. I love the suppression mechanic - pin one guy down while your buddy with a shotgun flanks em.

Gun customization is nice, adn the progression system looks to be just about right. I like how kills/deaths aren't the main objective, it makes the game so much more interesting.

Only problem is that frag grenades are too powerful. There is no real way to dive away from frags and the kill radius is too small imo. If i could adjust it i would say make the kill radius smaller but keep the stun and partial damage at the range it's at right now, or make it so you're more likely to be downed but not killed. I like that not everyone can use frags, but sometimes they're just too braindead easy to use imo.

I will say that if you're planning on playing this game alone and like any other run and gun shooter, you will NOT have fun. It requires some patience, teamwork, and actual smart tactics if you want to do well and have a really good time. Know what you're getting into before you spend your 60 bucks of course.

Overall ubisoft and red storm did an excellent job on the core gameplay i think. I was planning on getting GRFS just for the coop but i think my friends and i will hop into the multiplayer too.

kartanaold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kartanaold

I'll probably get this on PC. Didn't like the PS3 graphics...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.