Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Marking and executing lights?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

Does anybody else think that being able to mark lights through walls with your sonar goggles and then rushing into the room and taking all of them out would be cool? Its awesome doing it with dudes but if im trying to do something without killing anybody or if I want to melee enemies then being able to mark and execute lights would be pretty cool and useful. 

Opinions?       (sigh.....those are two terrible sentences)

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Sonar goggles shouldn't be able to pick up lighting fixtures.  Light doesn't have an effect on sound waves, right?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pie
    @Andorski: Do people care that much? Oh well...
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andorski

I'd just rather use M&E on enemies.  Light fixtures stay still - they're easy to hit.  It's better to do a "death from above" on one enemy and take out another three enemies with the M&E.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pie
    @Andorski said:
    " I'd just rather use M&E on enemies.  Light fixtures stay still - they're easy to hit.  It's better to do a "death from above" on one enemy and take out another three enemies with the M&E. "
    I just like the idea of taking out all the lights in a room out at once making you invisible 
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andorski
    @Pie: Can't the EMP grenade take out the lighting in the room?  I haven't used it in the demo, but I thought that was its purpose.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pie
    @Andorski said:
    " @Pie: Can't the EMP grenade take out the lighting in the room?  I haven't used it in the demo, but I thought that was its purpose. "
    Yes. Yes it does. I withdraw my complaint.....partially 
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Belonpopo
    @Andorski: 
     The light it self shouldn't, but the fixture on wall as well anything with depth should be seen with "sonar". If the game highlighted everything that would affect sonat the game would be unplayable.
    JoGribbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By JoGribbs

I wish they had a mark and execute for lights back in the first Splinter Cell. It would shave about 3 hours off the game.  

Thankfully all the games since Chaos Theory haven't required you to lean round every corner fucking up the table lamps, so I'm all right without it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.