Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Why Change Multiplayer?

Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Vash108

I am pretty disappointed they changed the multiplayer game of Spies vs. Mercs. That mode was a lot of fun and one of the main selling points for me after the SP was finished.

Does anyone know why they may have gotten rid of this mode?

Shane394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Shane394

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory has the best multiplayer ever. I'm really sad it didn't make it to Conviction, and while I understand the reasons they gave for not bringing over that multiplayer, I would have accepted the exact same mode with new maps and gadgets and such. Sad face for the lack of no Spies Vs Mercs.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Probably because the team wanted to make a new game with new multiplayer, and not use something they've already done before.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mesklinite

The reason it was changed is because to make use of the new features, mark and execute and the LKP. This is why coop was a more natural extension of the game.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By project343

Co-op has always been the highlight of the online Splinter Cell experience. With a drastic overhaul of features, dodging the multiplayer this time around is incredibly rational. I think people expect too much from developers. 

I mean, Ubisoft entirely reformatted one of their biggest franchises. Hell, they redid the entire approach to stealth. And what's the end product? A fantastic singleplayer experience with many varied locations, tons of variety, incredibly cinematic presentations, and a very robust and replayable co-op. 

Want to get into DLC? You're getting free weekly content. And there's talk of a potential DLC multiplayer mode (spies vs. mercs) coming--if they come up with something decent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.