Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

Are some of the bad reviews pointed at Dyack?

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ColMustard

Sorry, but after playing this game for a couple hours I can't help but to feel that although its not perfect, its really F'ing fun... So far, its a strong AA for me.  I can't help but believe that some of the "major" review outlets are bashing the game due to Dennis Dyacks outspoken personality in the gaming media.  We all know that Gamespot hasn't written a decent review in a long time, 5.5 is a joke. I can't help but to think its pointed.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Well, 1UP's review may be the embodiment of that. That was absolutely freaking terrible for a review.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ColMustard

It makes me not want to trust any review site...  Im pretty sure Kevin VanOrde over at Gamespot writes controversial reviews just to get more hits on the site.... He even posted on system wars later that day saying" I love causeing forum controvercy" dolt.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vaxadrin

I don't think so.  This game is the embodiment of a 7/10 or C game all around.  Fun, but not exceptional.  Average.  Just "Good".  The ratings are fair.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    ColMustard said:
    "It makes me not want to trust any review site...  Im pretty sure Kevin VanOrde over at Gamespot writes controversial reviews just to get more hits on the site.... He even posted on system wars later that day saying" I love causeing forum controvercy" dolt."
    Hence MGS4's 10 and MP3's 8.5. Those all got a lot of buzz.
    Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hewkii
    ColMustard said:
    "It makes me not want to trust any review site...  Im pretty sure Kevin VanOrde over at Gamespot writes controversial reviews just to get more hits on the site.... He even posted on system wars later that day saying" I love causeing forum controvercy" dolt."
    and I'm sure you'd say the opposite if it got a high review. your trolling is not new anymore.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DualReaver
    ColMustard said:
    Loool, no one tell him about Jeff.
    ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ColMustard

I am a gamespot alum of many years... I know about jeff and his buddies Kane and Lynch quite well... I must admit I was a system wars rat for a while.  I don't have a bad opinion about Jeff, he never seemed to be out for anything but an honest review.  (System Wars was hillarous the day he gave Zelda the 8.8)  Im not even fanboy arguing that Too Human is a AAA game, but there is no doubt that something is off with a few of the reviews coming out, almost as if they didn't actually take anytime to learn the controls...

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb

As much of an ass as Dyack has made of himself, I have to have some respect for him because he created the Legacy of Kain series. That aside, reviews should be made only on the merit of the game itself and not expectations or a developer's behavior.

From what I have seen Too Human looks like shit and Dyack has nothing to do with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

BiggerBomb said:
    "As much of an ass as Dyack has made of himself, I have to have some respect for him because he created the Legacy of Kain series. That aside, reviews should be made only on the merit of the game itself and not expectations or a developer's behavior.

From what I have seen Too Human looks like shit and Dyack has nothing to do with that."

Exactly.  In interpretive literature, it's called an Intentional Fallacy to attribute the symbolism, themes, motifs (or lack thereof) within the work to the creator.  Instead, to approach a piece critically, one must separate the art from the artist, as it then spawns a new "life" through subjective interpretation and analysis. 
    LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LilBew

i thought this game looked like trash just like the rest of the m$ library  minus gears and when i saw the reviews i just laughed  the game was way to over hyped and could not live up to all the hype it had

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ColMustard

damn... thats some harsh shit...  Honestly, Im 2 hours in on the game and its been really fun. Some flaws, but really fun.  I guess I would just ask that people play it before making these harsh judgments.  It not like its Lair, which I have played and is pretty flawed...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.