Several years later....gotta say this game is fun

#1 Edited by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -

As a Diablo II lover, I have to say that I had a ton of fun playing Too Human. Sure, there are some huge problems with the game, but cumulatively I can say that this game was a blast to play.

Yes, most of the story was incoherent - despite this, I'm still sad that there isn't' going to be a sequel. Would've loved to take down Loki.

#2 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Can't say I feel the same way as you, this game had some major issues.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

I was recently thinking of buying it. Then I bought Batman: AA instead. I think I made the right choice.

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I was recently thinking of buying it. Then I bought Batman: AA instead. I think I made the right choice. "
You did.
#5 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Never played Too Human... would it be worth picking out of a bargain bin?

#6 Posted by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -

Yea, there is no question: AA is better than Too Human. Still, I thought the latter was pretty dang fun for all the hate. No problem, to each his own.

#7 Posted by Crono11 (1640 posts) -

The best thing about Too Human was that I bought it for $5 and sold it for $10.

#8 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

I not totally sure why but i really enjoyed the setting for too human..was what kept me going through to the end.

#9 Posted by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -
@Cwaff:   I'd basically recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Diablo. There is a lot of repetition, not much story, but tons of loot. The combat system is pretty different - you use both analog sticks to attack dudes. I played as a Berserker and specced for attack speed. Was basically a Tasmanian devil flying around.  
#10 Edited by carlthenimrod (1588 posts) -

I disliked Too Human, to each their own I suppose.

I wonder if they will ever make a sequel considering it was suppose to be a trilogy. (probably not is my guess)

#11 Posted by Evilsbane (4541 posts) -

Everything about Too Human should have made me like it regardless of its flaws, but the combat is just borked and after being forced to re roll a tank class (because a beserker cant solo for shit) I just got super sick of the combat.

#12 Posted by Andheez (578 posts) -
@greatnorthern: 
I loved this game, is it confirmed there is no sequel?
They got so much about this game wrong, but just the core combat is so perfect it makes up for it.  The one major flaw missing is there no indicator ( other than feeling like a badass ) that you are playing well.  The challenge stages end up being the best part just because you have something to gauge yourself on.
#13 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

People should play Too Human just for the relevance of it's existence. Dude, that game was in development forever!

#14 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" I was recently thinking of buying it. Then I bought Batman: AA instead. I think I made the right choice. "
You did. "
But saying that I played Too Human at the time of its release. It was a piece of trash but some how with that game I could look past it flaws and find a really enjoyable experience. Only the very best of games can provide a great time in spite of its inherent shittiness.
#15 Posted by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -
@Andheez:   I don't think there's been confirmation that the entire franchise has been eliminated, but all indications are that no sequel is on the way :(

Tis a shame, with a few changes the follow-up could've been rad.  
#16 Posted by elko84 (1045 posts) -

i love gliding across the ground to attack enemies

#17 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

Too Human is one of my guilty pleasure titles this gen.  
It has a lot of bugs and odd design choices but I still really enjoy it. The only major thing I'd change is the long death cut scene. 

#18 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Figureskating game of the decade.

#19 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@crono11 said:
" The best thing about Too Human was that I bought it for $5 and sold it for $10. "
lol
#20 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I had a lot of fun with it when I originally got it (still plan to get the last 3 achievements I lack... someday) but yeah it'd be dumb to deny it had a lot of problems. It was also the first 360 game I bought which is probably another reason I enjoyed it.

#21 Posted by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -

Oh my biggest beef with this game was its asinine camera. Oof.

#22 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -

It felt unfinished, shallow, and hard to watch when I first played it. Maybe I didn't get deep enough.

#23 Posted by nobull6 (238 posts) -

Same here. Had a lot of fun with Too Human. I played through the campaign several times.

#24 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Everything about Too Human seemed pretty good up until I actually tried to engage in combat. It was just plain awful.

#25 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

I thought the storyline contained some interesting ideas and themes (a meditation on technology and its effects primarily) but equally it needed much better execution to be compelling, a complaint that could be raised against every aspect of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing the sequels as long as they're able to fix what was broken and deliver a coherent gaming experience. Or just make Eternal Darkness 2 already.

#26 Edited by Andheez (578 posts) -
@greatnorthern: 
Yeah I wouldve love to see what they could come up with when they weren't spending time creating their own engine to run the game.

I actually thought the camera was pretty good, Ive had WAY worse problems in other 3rd person action games.
#27 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -

Too Human is far from perfect, but i still loved it for it's rewarding combat and loot. 

I for one would love a sequel although it will never happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.