Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

New Rome II trailer shows Hannibal and campaign strategies

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

The latest trailer for Total War: Rome II just came out and it gives the player a good idea of all the multiple ways they can defeat an enemy in the campaign. The trailer is set in the second Punic War and it has all these Roman senators meeting in Rome wondering where that old Hannibal of the Carthaginians is at. They make all these assumptions saying that he's either setting sail to attack one of the Roman ports or elsewhere foraging alliances with other Roman foes. It also shows how weather might have an impact on how your army is going to fight, kind of like Company of Heroes 2. I was hoping they would show off how the player can win the campaign mode by claiming a cultural and economic victory, which is a first in a Total War game. However, this trailer definitely makes the campaign look more interesting and here it is:

Though one question, did Carthaginians and Romans where hoods back than?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I've dabbled in some Shogun 2, and it was alright, but holy shit that was an intense trailer.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jimbo

Sickkkkkkkk.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By donkeycow

Rome 2 discussion on Giantbomb? Fantastic. Really looking forward to this, only about a month to go! I got to say, i love the intensity of the voice actors they've grabbed for all their trailers so far.

edit: And hoods are hardly a modern innovation, a fair amount of greek and roman art depicted hunters with hoods.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

Gonna watch this when I can. Now that this game is coming out I kinda wish whyareyoucrouchingspock was here to rave about it

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

So, so glad I already have this pre-ordered.

MondyofAus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My body is ready. I'm not so sure about my rig.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.