Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

Any good servers?

Mb246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mb246

Now that I've heard the giantbomb official servers were taken down a while ago (haven't played in a while), I was wondering which servers you guys race on. Every server I go to seems to be pretty much empty, and the ones that are filled up have pretty bad tracks.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I usually race on VeryShort :). That's because there're generally people on it, and the tracks aren't bad. Haven't played it in a while thought.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Barrabas

I haven't played in a long time, but I remember at one point the player population almost completely died. I forget the reason for this, but has the population recovered any since then? It might be worth reinstalling if it has.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Barrabas said:

I haven't played in a long time, but I remember at one point the player population almost completely died. I forget the reason for this, but has the population recovered any since then? It might be worth reinstalling if it has.

No, no it hasn't. I was confused too, it was very popular when I was playing it a year ago. Reinstalled it a couple days ago, and yeah, the most amount of consecutive players I've seen in the past two days has been 1 not including me.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Barrabas

@BestUsernameEver: Oh well, that's sad. I guess I could play United if I wanted. I'm sure that's still popular, but I really liked the way the Canyon car controlled.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Barrabas said:

@BestUsernameEver: Oh well, that's sad. I guess I could play United if I wanted. I'm sure that's still popular, but I really liked the way the Canyon car controlled.

As did I, the drifting/turning feels a lot more controllable in canyon, and the physics make the maps not so insane, it makes for a more level headed fun game. Not to say the other ones are bad.

Bubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bubby

@BestUsernameEver: When you get to the server screen change the filter from north america to world. This should help

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Optix12

I stopped on this game as well but when i tried to reinstall on a separate drive from my boot SSD (only 60gb) it still forces a portion (a large one) to be installed on your main drive so i dont think il play it for a while until i can get that sorted.

On a lighter note im praying that when the betas come out for valley and stadium things will pick up and Jeff/another giantbomb server can be created.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Bubby said:

@BestUsernameEver: When you get to the server screen change the filter from north america to world. This should help

I thought I saw a bunch of servers from around the world, barely saw any U.S. hosted ones however.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.