Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tropical Island

Location » linked to 204 games

Tropical islands have been featured in major games such as Far Cry and Monkey Island. With the technology now available to render lush vegetation and sparkling sea water, this location has become increasingly popular.

Location or concept?

Poost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Poost

I was fairly surprised to see this in the location section of the site.  There is not a "Tropical Island" that is used across many games.  I would have to say this is a concept, not a location.   Another iteration of this argument could be used for say, the Moon.  If you are using Earth's Moon in a game, that is a location.  But a generic moon around another planet would be a concept, unless it was a specific moon.

Concept!

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lvl10Wizard

I see your argument but then you start to have Tropical Island in concepts and Rainbow Island (or whatever) in locations and it starts to jam the site up with needless duplicates of ideas across categories. In the interests of clarity its better to keep tropical island and Rainbow island as locations and island related themes, like marooned for example, in the concepts feild.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dalai

I just think of a tropical island as a generic location, but I do get your point.  It's still technically a location.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.