Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Turkey

Object » linked to 27 games

A bird that can be prepared in many delicious manners. Often served on special occasions with stuffing and a wide variety of sides. Turkey legs can normally be found after punching a trash can in your local crime infested alley and can boost your health back by 50%.

Well, the holidays are around the corner...

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MC_Izawa

We need a recipe/cooking tips thread for holiday eats.  I'm not much for sweets, so I'm gonna let someone else cover Halloween treats.  I will, however, give you some tips for the celebration of the first settlers in America, that we call Thanksgiving.  There are plenty of delicious things to eat on that all-American day, but my favorite has to be turkey.  Recent developments in American cooking technology have allowed us to bless turkey-kind with the most patriotic cooking method of them all: deep-frying.  It's pretty straightforward, right? Get a turkey, put it in some oil, eat it.  Not so fast, dude!  I'm gonna give you some tips for making a delicious turkey that honors our forefathers and impresses your grandma.

1. Do this on a nice dry lawn! This process could get messy, and doing this on the front lawn will help with the cleanup.  Even better, if you can get ahold of some hay, pile that on the porch, and throw it away after cooking.
    2.  Lots of hot oil! This might seem obvious, but some people forget to fill the cooking pot to the brim or to turn the gas all the way up.
    3. Use a frozen turkey! Logic would tell us that a frozen turkey would be nice and moist after frying.  Why? The ice melts and rehydrates the turkey as it cooks.
    4. Cover the pot! This will keep the moisture in, DUH!
    5. Set it and forget it! This might sound like something from an infomercial, but its the best advice I can give you.  If you sit there and poke and prod the damn turkey, it'll get all dry.  Do you want dry turkey? Go inside and watch some football! Enjoy the surround sound!

Okay, I'm ready to see the awesome recipes that you guys have!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm not sure what you posted counts as a recipe. Anyways, I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Brunchies

I was happy until the holidays you were speaking of ended up being the fake Thanksgiving Holiday. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I've never had the pleasure of deep-fried, but my brother cooks hickory smoked bar-b-que for a living. A hickory smoked turkey is pretty darn good, and I hope he does it again this year. Yo! Bro!

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By Suicrat

Didn't know your favourite thing about Thanksgiving was the pyromania, MC_Izawa. Other than that, great recipe ;)

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MC_Izawa

nice recipets so far

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By erinfizz
    @MC_Izawa: 

So how many patios/garages/homes have you burnt down with this recipe of yours??

My advice for Thanksgiving, is as always, it is a GREAT day for trying untested recipes. Cracking open any cookbooks or websites should be left until about an hour before dinner. Everything will turn out awesome!
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan
    @JJWeatherman said:
    I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving.
    What!?
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By FrankCanada97

Ah yes, it's next Monday isn't it?

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Suicrat
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " Ah yes, it's next Monday isn't it? "
    Yeah, way too close for my comfort... for those of us North of the 49th that is....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.