Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Did I make a bad choice?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I never played the first two worlds. But watching some videos and hearing that they fixed previous problems that I have no idea about this game appealed to me. I'v been waiting for another oblivion, risen style game and this seems to be the only one currently coming out. Did I make a bad choice in pre-ordering? It seems like no one even knows about this game because the first failed so bad.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

That's definitely a risky move. I do like what I have read about the game, but having such a bad game come before it is a red flag. I'll wait for reviews first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah I have considered taking my pre-order back but I guess i'll just wing it, it was a free 60 bucks on amazon so.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The first one had massive issues. Hopefully they do not mess up the second one as well. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BraveToaster
    @Jmangino said:
    " yeah I have considered taking my pre-order back but I guess i'll just wing it, it was a free 60 bucks on amazon so. "
    I think you should rent it. I wasn't to happy with the first one and all of these "promises" that they made for the sequel sound like a load of crap.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raymayne

Yes, that was the worst decision of your natural life, God DAMMIT you have been such a fool!

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Evilsbane

I mean I liked the first one (On the PC) but it was still a pure mess but...it had some neat ideas and I really dug breaking the shit out of that game, after an entire town gets butchered I just ran around and looted the the guards for their swords since they were all alike I would combine them, I got like 200 swords and basically made a one hit kill crazy-pants sword. I had fun collecting enough crap to basically become a god. I am looking forward to the 2nd one I think it looks leagues better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah oh well I actually just read they are pushing the release date to January 2011, so canceled my order and I'll get fable 3 instead. Some what relieved yet disappointed I kinda was looking forward to it.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FritzDude
    @Jmangino:
    It's only the PS3 version that is delayed till 2011. Both PC and 360 is coming out this october,but pre-ordering Fable 3 seems like a much better solution.  If you need a reason on buying Two worlds 2 later, here's one: Chickens can open doors. If that's not a good reason, then you need to check your brain :P 

Edit: Or wait, i think i may mixing up two very similar games here.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ReyGitano

I remember playing the first Two Worlds demo after playing Oblivion... ha. Did not care for it one bit. The sequel looks significantly better, but I rather stay away.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Malakhii
    @Jmangino: Fable 3 is probably the safer bet, the series has been good in the past, and the new stuff looks like it will continue to follow the same path. As far as two worlds 2, from what I've seen it looks like it could turn out to be pretty dope, but it's safer to wait and see how it turns out, then to risk it on a preorder.  

Fable 3 also has the voice of John Cleese, which will make sweat love to your ears. 
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By MildMolasses
    @Malakhii said:
    " @Jmangino: Fable 3 is probably the safer bet, the series has been good in the past, and the new stuff looks like it will continue to follow the same path. As far as two worlds 2, from what I've seen it looks like it could turn out to be pretty dope, but it's safer to wait and see how it turns out, then to risk it on a preorder.   Fable 3 also has the voice of John Cleese, which will make sweat love to your ears.  "

I believe you are confusing John Cleese with Barry White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MildMolasses: Actually I was watching a VO dev diary with John Cleese doing a VO. I'm pretty pumped for F3 I loved the first one, and I won't get into detail as much as the game is disappointing in length promises its still so damn addicting. 
    habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By habster3
    @Origina1Penguin said:
    "having such a bad game come before it is a red flag."
    I can't entirely agree with you there. Afterall: 

Just Cause

versus 

Just Cause 2
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jmangino: Did you get it yet?
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I loved the first one, and I hate myself for it. I am interested in the new one, but I am going to pirate it before ever considering a purchase. 

hermberger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hermberger

Pre-orders are dumb in almost all cases.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle
    @Jmangino said:
    " I never played the first two worlds. But watching some videos and hearing that they fixed previous problems that I have no idea about this game appealed to me. I'v been waiting for another oblivion, risen style game and this seems to be the only one currently coming out. Did I make a bad choice in pre-ordering? It seems like no one even knows about this game because the first failed so bad. "
    I fucking love your Avatar. I realize this has nothing to do with the topic. But I wish more people appreciated Moving Mountains. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@A_Cute_Squirtle said:
    " @Jmangino said:
    " I never played the first two worlds. But watching some videos and hearing that they fixed previous problems that I have no idea about this game appealed to me. I'v been waiting for another oblivion, risen style game and this seems to be the only one currently coming out. Did I make a bad choice in pre-ordering? It seems like no one even knows about this game because the first failed so bad. "
    I fucking love your Avatar. I realize this has nothing to do with the topic. But I wish more people appreciated Moving Mountains.  "
    haha yeah dude, I love them I'm going to see them at a place called North Star Bar in Philly Feb like 11th. Can not fucking weight gonna be so good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.