Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

First Two worlds 2 review (92%)

bcooper56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bcooper56

"Huge, compelling and has been improved in the right places. Top-RPG!

XBG 360 Games were impressed by:
    The Huge World and different Climatic Conditions.
    CRAFT & DEMONS systems.
    Motivational Story.
    Multiplayer Modes.

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=31707

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Interfect

Couldn't be worse then Two Worlds from what I heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

This is great news. Still not convinced though, need more reviews.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By ReyGitano

The stigma of Two Worlds is too great for me to believe a sequel could actually be good. 
    A more logical explanation is that the reviewer had his life threatened. >_>

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

why did it have to be delayed

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ch13696

I like this. It actually proves that if the first game fails, that you should cancel plans on a second one.

Mysterion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mysterion

Is that review legit, the games coming out in like 4 months
    JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JammyJesus
    @Mysterion said:
    "Is that review legit, the games coming out in like 4 months "

This.
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Ravenousrattler

from what i have seen of gameplay videos its looking alot better than the first one, though i am kind of worried that it got pushed back so far like a week before its original release date.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

so how did he get to review the game? it doesn't come out until like january or febuary. i think the people threatened to kill him for a good review. i don't think the game is going to be good. the first one was horrible. my friend made me play the first one. i could only play for 5 minutes of that game. it just sucked.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By septim

I would love for it to be good, but I know it won't be. Also having an obscure German mag review it four months before it's released just makes it seem all the more dubious.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Sackmanjones

lol at the name

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Two Worlds was SUCH a let down for me, that I find this hard to believe. On the other hand, I have a huge fantasy RPG itch, and this may quench it. I'm setting myself up for disappointment again..

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kyelb22
    @iam3green: It's only been delayed in the US. It's still coming out in the UK this month.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanwho

Germans also love Gothic 3 and David Hasselhoff. This is kind of like being surprised that Famitsu like's the latest entry in a long running Japanese developed IP. Maybe you're mistaking some frothing at the mouth German blogger who got time with their demo for a review outlet.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Two Worlds is actually a pretty good game.  It has plenty of issues but then so does Oblivion and that was a hit.  I have a feeling Two Worlds 2 will be a pretty damn good game.

mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mau64

I'm glad this game fixed the issues that bogged down the first title.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Doctorchimp

While Oblivion wasn't exactly my favorite sandbox RPG (the level scaling and the blandness kind of got to me the more I played). 

Two Worlds was a complete joke... 

I think I'll wait until someone I've heard of goes "hey this game's not bad"

bcooper56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bcooper56
    @JammyJesus said:
    " @Mysterion said:
    This. "
    Its out now in germany and uk it only deylayed in north america.
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By RichardLOlson

Thinking about picking this up.  Not sure though.

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BionicMonster

I actually enjoyed Two Worlds for its bad parts. The translation was hilarious and the online was so broken that it was unique.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

How about a demo!

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Raymayne
    @bcooper56 said:
    " @JammyJesus said:
    " @Mysterion said:
    This. "
    Its out now in germany and uk it only deylayed in north america. "

No it isn't.
    Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shinri

Two Worlds may have been super flawed, but I actually thought it was a fun game nevertheless (I dare say some of the flaws were what made it fun), so I'll think about getting Two Worlds 2 for sure. I have a feeling this is a parody review, though...

MoneyLaunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MoneyLaunderer

I played the hell out of Two Worlds and managed to see past the negatives and really embrace the things it did well, like customizations and skill-building. Cant' wait to get my hands on this in 2011, even though it's finished now and the publisher wanted to hold off to release it up against games like Fallout and Fable. Way to have faith in your product, guys! I'm expecting it to be great, just wishing there were more gameplay videos out there.

AWhiteSinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AWhiteSinner

The first Two Worlds was plagued with bugs at launch which is why I stayed away from it. I've seen a few more reviews and they're all from German sites also. To bad this games American release has been pushed so far back. The U.K. version did leak online however so I'm going to pick that up and give it a go. If turns out good and runs well I think I'll place my pre order for the US retail version.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By pweidman

People who are playing TW2 are saying the same thing.  It's a good game and vastly improved over the first.  Southpeak who is pubbing the NA version opted for the delay in the US.  The game is out in Europe and was published by TopWare.  I'm psyched to play it come Jan., as I really liked the first game despite it's technical flaws.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By raiz265

I've never player the first part, but I started playing the second yesterday. 

So far (6hours or so) it's a very good game imho, the controls in melee combat are kinda janky at first, but as soon as you get the hang of it it's not that bad at all... 

And the game didn't crash once so far... neither have I encountered any bugs or anything, seems quite polished.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By armaan8014
    @raiz265: Great, I played the first and found it quite hilarious, but this one is looking good!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By JJWeatherman

The first game looked interesting, but apparently it didn't pan out, so I passed. Maybe I'll take a look at this though. Or maybe I'll just play Dragon Age.

coldash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By coldash

This has been out for a while in Europe, not in the UK or US, apparently they didn't want to go head to head with the christmas titles. You can however buy an english version of the game from their website, for 44 euros. That's how I got it.  

So although 92% is a little over the top, I'm still enjoying it a lot. If Mass Effect 2 hadn't come out this year, I'd say it was the best RPG this year. I stopped playing Fallout LV to play this and I haven't stopped playing TW 2 since. Graphics are good, gameplay is excellent and so far the only negative for me has been the horse riding, which is easily solved by not riding the horse. Quests are fun and the system works well. Best 44 euros I've spent this month :) 

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Cincaid

It sits on 82 at Metacritic at the moment. 

91 from GamingXP 
    90 from Gamers.at 
    85 from GameStar 
    70 from Gamereactor Sweden 

Can't say I've heard of any of those except Gamereactor...ah well, seems promising.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By niamahai

hmm could this be a serious Fable 3.

with better framerate

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shirogane

I er...couldn't stand Two Worlds. 
    Not gonna be able to get past that to even consider this one.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ryanwho

Its not bad honestly. A quick rundown. 
    The good: 

• Crafting is interesting, and since money isn't hard to come by after a few hours (if any wants copious amounts of money for something, invest, it pays dividends back) you can basically break most of your loot down into basic parts to upgrade what you're using. 
    • Your dude runs super fast. 
    • You can toggle between 3 different setups, meaning if you use all 3 classes you can have your dude wearing 3 distinct sets of weapons, armor, accessories, etc. with their own hotkeys.
    • Archery is very viable. I would say no single class is exclusively viable. Right now before a big fight I'll summon some dudes with a mage, then shoot the dude with an arrow for a bit, then when the summons go away I'll kil him with melee.  
    • The most common enemy is a poo flinging baboon. 
    • Nerdy Ghostbuster references. 
    • Your main dude has the same VO as the Witcher (I think) and kind of acts like him, and you can basically make him look like the Witcher too. 
    • There's something really satisfying about how they handled lockpicking. You can break in most any house, but its difficult because if someone is nearby they'll see you and you won't break in, and if you break in and there's someone inside who's awake they'll call an (invincible) city guard. So its satisfying to snake your way into someone's house and find out they've got some good shit hidden away. There is no "karma" to speak of so be an asshole.
    • In addition to finding "fast travel" esc telaports, you can also accrue personal teleport pods and put them down anywhere. So if you find a secret cave that you can't handle yet, put a pod down and come back later. Very useful.
    The bad: 
    • horse riding sucks, but it doesn't matter cus your dude runs so fast. 
    • There's a delay when you take potions. Your battle animation has to be completely done to take a potion, so if you're in a fight and about to die, you'll be hitting the potion button like 5 times and nothing will happen. You'll die a lot from this lag. 
    • The motion blur, depth of field stuff can give you a headache. 
    • None of the 3 classes are at all designed for crowd control. This mixed with small corridoors making it hard to land attacks can be frustrating. I've been sniping people from afar or coaxing them into bigger areas to kill.
    • This could be good or bad depending on perspective, but you're able to traverse into areas you're not supposed to be able to reach yet. It can bug out quests, though. I reached "the tower" by climbing over mountains you're not supposed to be able to climb over. This also means you can end up in dungeons that you can't get out of yet.
    • You'll still find yourself overencumbered a lot, with items too good to break down (because a great weapon and a bad one of the same type break down into the same number of parts so it feels wasteful) and be jumping away to sell your stuff then going back. Increasing the base weight limit would help.

So this game has a lot of small issues I won't go into. Some cities look like something from Assassin's Creed but the controls aren't there at all. The game's rugh in small corridors and with large crowds, and they like doing both at the same time pretty often. Im sticking with it though. There's nothing outright game killing here. VOs are pretty good, translation makes sense. Again, a lot of the game reminds me of The Witcher for various reasons. Most NPCs don't talk, but the ones that do have something of value to say (this is a pro for me, I know some people like having useless NPCs everywhere).
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @ryanwho:  Tried any co-op yet?
    Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Laksa

The game is out in europe , check the full release dates before insinuating anything.

I have  the game ( a few hours in), to me :
    Pros:nice graphics, even on mid range machines on the pc.
    Cons:the floaty controls (seems anemic to european games), the absolutely horrid character and inventory screen, char screen doesnt show effects of ur weapons, huge and ugly inventory icons. The weird and unnatural character gestures when in voiced parts of the game. The bloom effect that covers everything. The shaky cam (get ready for motion sickness). 
    People on the european forums say it's a 30 ish hour game, and the promised huge game world is only availabe in multiplayer, and what is there isnt much.
    The game really isnt that good from what i have played, and have really lost any will to continue playing.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By ProfessorEss

I find it crazy to even think about the possibility of this game being not terrible.

I mean I'm routing for it to be good, I just can't visualize it.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By superfriend

I have the game on PC. Its been out for about a week over here. Well, the game seems a lot better than TW1.. that one was just messed up (especially on 360)
    Wouldn´t trust all these high scores though, some of these german magazines have a certain reputation for scoring shitty games too high.

I don´t think the game is as bad as the first one, it has some real improvements and the (german) voice acting is actually pretty enjoyable, if you don´t want your RPGs to be super-serious.
    On the other hand, the game also seems a little unbalanced, especially when it comes to the mage. Some creatures will actually get stuck in the environment a lot, especially the big ones like scorpions and giant spiders. Some of the side missions are just "bounty-board" missions, so while they certainly have some story to them, you´re gonna have to do a LOT of reading.

So, don´t trust some of the super-high scores for this game.. it´s okay but it has its issues.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By turbomonkey138

Nope ....not after last time never again 

Dimorgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dimorgh

I bought it today, seem quite nice (its out in europe)

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ericdrum

I really want this game to be good. I'm going to wait for a patch though before I give it a spin.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By YoThatLimp

Two Worlds is one of the worst games I have ever played. 

Mal53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mal53

i'll wait for more reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CL60

I am enjoying myself quite a bit. It's a massive improvement over the first one.

carminescarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By carminescarf

92% ? What is the point of defending the series so much? 
    I am unable to comprehend the idea that it may possibly rate so well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.