E3 2011 - Ubisoft Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

created by buzz_clik, winner of the Ubisoft E3 2011 Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2011 Ubisoft Press Conference Discussion!

Hello my fellow Giant Bomb-ers! Unless you have been kidnapped by pirates with no TV, phone or Internet access, you know that E3 2011 is upon us. Going with tradition, each of the major three platform companies along with a few of the biggest publishers will be giving press conferences to discuss the past, present and future of their company and the video game industry as a whole. To make the Giant Bomb community more orderly and easier to navigate, we have created an official "sticky" thread for each of the press conferences. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of everyone's general feelings/opinions/thoughts of the Ubisoft press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is solely for the general discussion of the Ubisoft press conference. What does this mean? Well...

• Only discussion of the Ubisoft press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Any posts/discussions found in this thread that do not directly relate to the generality of the Ubisoft press conference will result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Specific Announcements

Naturally with any E3, there will be a lot of specific announcements that you would like to discuss with your fellow users in the Giant Bomb community. We certainly welcome this enthusiasm and drive. However, we want this thread to only be about the overall general discussion of the Ubisosft press conference. We ask you to direct all threads/posts/discussions of specific announcements in the forums where they belong. You can learn best how to do this in our E3 2011 and You! thread tutorial.

Game Forums

As with specific announcement, we would like for you to not get caught up in deep discussions of individual games in this thread. Instead, we direct you to take those discussions into their respective forums(again, you can learn more about this in the aforementioned E3 2011 and You! thread). Don't forget, please don't overload the Ubisoft forum with discussions of individual games. Breaking either of these rules will also result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some Ubisoft press conference related forums you might want to use:

* Newly Announced

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during the week of full throttle shenanigans knows as E3, the normal rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can update yourself on the forum and wiki rules by visiting the Giant Bomb FAQ thread. In there, you can learn about all of the rules and proper instructions for the forums and Wiki. The sequence of punishments for breaking these rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

You can watch the Ubisoft press conference on G4 channel or on the following live streams:

#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

The Ubisoft thread is now open!

#3 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Waited so long for a new Ghost Recon.

#4 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Gimme dat Assassin's Creed

Also more Battle Tag lol

#5 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2166 posts) -

I hope they don't plot spoil Assassin's Creed, I still yet to play Brotherhood.

#6 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

One minor correction.  Under "live streams" it says "Konami press conference."
#7 Posted by Marokai (3150 posts) -
@RhombusOfTerror said:

I don't think it's as good as some people make it out to be, but you should definitely play it. Do not delay!
#8 Posted by MjHealy (1877 posts) -

@RhombusOfTerror said:

I agree, though Brotherhood has gotten quite cheap so I shall be picking it up soon.

There is one thing I am looking forward to seeing at Ubisoft; Rayman Origins. I have seen nothing of that game since they announced it last year

#9 Edited by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

I want to see Revelations & I am one those people that is continuing to hope for Beyond Good & Evil 2. But mostly I want insanity from the Ubisoft press conference.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -

Please, Ubisoft, don't do anything weird.

#11 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Last year was hilariously terrible. I hope it makes me laugh just as much this time.

#12 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6398 posts) -

Looking forward to some Assassin's Creed coverage. Man, it's been a good E3 already.

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Apparently Joel McHale is back. Oh god.

#14 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

BATTLE TAG 2!

#15 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: He did it in 2009 as well, so 3 years in a row.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@TepidShark said:

@FluxWaveZ: He did it in 2009 as well, so 3 years in a row.

Oh really? I watched E3 2009, but I guess I don't remember him then. All I remember is that he wasn't all that good last year.
#17 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah, he hosted the year James Cameron was there.

#18 Posted by BeachThunder (12427 posts) -

Should I even bother watching this? =\

#19 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
Should I even bother watching this? =\
If you love to cringe at people on stages, you should watch.
#20 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

It's worth watching if you like to facepalm or laugh your ass off, depending on your mood.

#21 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

@Anwar: That was when that teaser was released but there was nothing on the game since then so everybody thought it was canceled. However, Ubisoft said they canceled a bunch games but they said Beyond Good & Evil 2 (& I Am Alive) was not one of them.

#22 Posted by Surkov (990 posts) -

I just want to see Rayman origins

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I want to see AC: Revelations.

#24 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

@EvilTwin said:

@CitizenKane said:

One minor correction. Under "live streams" it says "Konami press conference."

Fixed

#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah, I really want to see it too. The AC games keep getting better and better.

#26 Posted by carlthenimrod (1599 posts) -

Excited about new Ghost Recon but I continue to hold out hope for a new Rainbow Six.

#27 Posted by The_Grindilow (433 posts) -

@CitizenKane said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah, I really want to see it too. The AC games keep getting better and better.

Agreed. Loved what they did with Brotherhood, very excited to see which new features Ubisoft implement.

#28 Posted by Bismarck (432 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

Waited so long for a new Ghost Recon.

Word. Liked playing Advanced Warfighter co-op was epic. Just can't wait. 
Oh and Assassin's Creed soo many epic things, so, so many.
#29 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

Michael Pachter on Gametrailers now.

#30 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

Really excited to hear about 'From Dust'  and maybe some BiA info.

#31 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

I'm hoping to see somethign awesome from Assassins' Creed. I really don't think that series should be one a year. 

#32 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

Can't wait for this one. Hope it's just as entertaining as last years was ^^

#33 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

I really hate the guys from G4...

#34 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

been playing the first brothers in arms recently (never played the series) and i really like it, so im looking forward to a current gen one

#35 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Here we go!

#36 Posted by TheHT (11797 posts) -

I KNOW THIS SONG FROM SOMEWHERE.

#37 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3116 posts) -

Man, these accents.  So good.

#38 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

2d goodness to start off

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

French accents everywhere.

#40 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

The lineup of games for this conference looks pretty stellar. Nothing could be as bad as last years conference. 

#41 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Rayman!

#42 Posted by Surkov (990 posts) -

Shakespeare nice.....

#43 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

How Punny!

#44 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

oh ubisoft, why must you always be so corny

#45 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

WHAT AM I WATCHING

#46 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

ALREADY SO GOOD.

#47 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1501 posts) -

Where are these banners being displayed then. Is it just at the top of these threads?
#48 Posted by Ares42 (2797 posts) -

the madness has arrived!

#49 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

I love the French. They are my ancestors, and I love them.

#50 Posted by The_Grindilow (433 posts) -

Ubi or not Ubi!? Hehe these are the dudes. Rayman looks awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.