Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Submission of the night..... how the hell?

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lowbrow

Over the weekend I completed my first career run, which was pretty good, but I missed out on the achievement for submission of the night... Anyone have any advice on how to get it?

mahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mahi

either get the tap on your first try or get it late in the match

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By papercut

what he said
    still workin on it tho

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stealthdf2

[QUOTE=Bombstriker;117313]This is from xbox360achievements.org so all credit goes to TranceFormer on their forums for posting this.......

It took me way too long to realize than you'll get a trophy for pretty much anything that would get you an achievement (like World Class Grappler), and I finally got Submission of the Night in the second to last match of my career.

First off, you have to play as a Wrestler and get to the skill level where you can pick up and slam some one who is holding your head to their chest while you're in Open Guard Offense with LB and minor transition.

The fight is going to be genuinely boring and you'll probably want to fight someone who isn't a wrestler to make things a bit easier. Basically you'll want to do takedowns to get the guy on the ground, then get him in Open Guard Defense while holding your head to his chest. At this point you can press LB and do a minor transition to pick him up and slam him down. This will permanently reduce the opponent's Stamina. You can then use transitions or click the Left Stick to stand again and hit LT and Right Stick towards the opponent to get immediately back into the position allowing you to slam them again. Reversals and blocks will happen, but somewhere around the middle of round 2 or 3 you should get your opponent rocked into black and white. Watch your own Stamina and make sure yours is higher than theirs and go for a submission. It will obviously help to have your Submission stat relatively high, but if you can get a tap while doing nothing but slams and the one submission during the match, you should get the Submission of the Night Trophy and 2 out of 3 times also got me the Fight of the Night Trophy as well. If you haven't gotten the World Class Grappler achievement, you'll get it now too. This only worked for me by submission through rotation, don't button mash. If they ever get you in a submission, escape through rotation too. I tried this twice with button mashing and didn't get anything afterwards.

I hope this helps at least one person. :/

Serveral people posted over there that this worked for them so try this method out guys! I will try in a bit :D.[/QUOTE]

i got this from undisputedonline forums and that guy got it from achiements site so here im passing to you guys good luck i havent done it yet either

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papercut

Still can't get it. how did everyone else get it?

eishwibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eishwibble

Got it! Been tryin for ages to get this, i tried what stealthdf2 said and got it, try and take it late into the fight, i had him rocked in the 2nd round but didnt go for it cos i wanted the defensive sub, i let him win the 3rd round cos i wanted to try and catch his arm when he had me mounted but kept missing and got beat up a bit so in the 4th slammed him a few more times to get his stamina down, then when tried to take me down from the clinch, got the counter guillotine. Definitley do not punch or kick him at all and try to get it first attempt, also rotate the stick dont button bash. ..btw it was against minotauro nogueira, one of the best submission men in the game, offence and defence!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papercut

what if you are a BJJ fighter?

tonylomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonylomas

At last! I've got the SOTN award on my 6 career.

I've been able to win by submission for a while.   Even once winning and Joe Rogan saying 'That must be Submission of the Night!' only for me not to get it.

This time I got it by not throwing a single strike.   I was a wrestler. I slammed and grappled, till the 5th round when eventually, my opponents stamina was low enough to win by sub.   I had attempted several submissions earlier in the fight and it wasn't the last minute of the 5th.   It was a simple leg lock from open guard position.

To prove it wasn't a fluke, I did it again with a bjj fighter.   Again I did not do any striking.   It was a lot harder for the stamina to go down.   I found that an arm bar from full mount was more successful than easier submissions.   Again it wasn't my first submission attempt of the fight.   This time it was the 3rd round (final round for this fighter)

In both cases, I've won by submission before. The fighters had about 70 str and 80-85 sub offence.   Hope this helps.

Credit goes to stealthdf2 for posting it on the GiantBomb forum. Who in turn left his credit: ‘This is from xbox360achievements.org so all credit goes to TranceFormer on their forums for posting this.......’    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.