Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Frustratingly cheap or a worthy addition to the difficulty? *NPC Chokers*

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Ok soo i'm a very dedicated fan to uncharted 2's multiplayer portion. The cooperative modes especially but what can really drag down the fun and give a huge rise to the frustration....is those muthafukin chokers! Some could see them as just an obstacle to rack up the difficulty and to make sure your alert and of course to really force your team to cooperate, but so often have they seemed to just...appear...without much notice I'll feel i'm being cheated.  
    They don't speak or make any noticable sounds so there very hard to foresee if you happen to be looking down your sniper scope, more so you can't even melee the bastards! I mean even if you manage to get to them first. When they grab you too, the fact that the characters can absolutly dropkick and ball jab soldiers to death, I don't see why there couldn't be some sort of counter move available instead of just tapping triangle to only buy yourself some time from the neck snapping. 

Plus tapping triangle constantly, when saved, can usually have me accidently switch through like every weapon in close promixity...which is also mighty annoying =/  

But still I could see why some can just live with them or even encourage these types of enemies because admittedly it makes the game incredibly tense when you have a swarm of them charging at you or if you happen to be the last player on your team alive, but the fact that theres really not much way in terms of countering them if their close enough...my opinion over them is that their just a little unfair. Sooo, am I the only one? or should i just quite my whining and put up with them?

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dogbox

They are pretty annoying, but hopefully I'll get better at avoiding them as I play more.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @PeasForFees said:
    "Well the whole point of co-op games is that the enemies appear off screen and in Uncharted they come down from ledges and the like "

Yeah i get that, but too often would you be in the middle of a map to have them literally just seem to swarm out of nowhere. You can literally have like 5 chokers at once and if your team happened to be unprepared, maybe focusing on one of thise minigun monstrosities for example, well your neck is officialy snapped.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

in one of my first games of co op I got choke holded like that three times is quick succession it was incredibly frustrating but definately made me more aware of always being on the lookout...I guess once you know the maps you know when theyre about to pounce... all of those maps seem to be about remembering what happens next and planning ahead 

so I guess they should only really be frustrating once.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @marioncobretti:
    Yeah like i said, they do alot of extra tension to the proceedings, but i find them a little too unforgiving in that it could happen with just a second of losing awareness and you've got one ofthem violently carresing your neck. Its the fact that if your grabbed and theres no team mates close enough, well then you might aswell just put the controller down. 
    I really wish they could have some counter system for when their about to grab you, at least when your head on with them.
    skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By skidd

I think theyre a good idea - mixes things up a little. The only bad situation that came from it was when I was playing with someone who clearly didn't know the controls, and so would come right up to me to free/revive me, but not actually do anything....soooo frustrating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.