Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Uncharted 2 Complete

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Edited By godzilla_sushi

I just finished Uncharted 2 on Normal tonight. After almost beating the first game I kind of gave up from being so frustrated. This second game though, wow. The voice-acting was always great but the action was such a leap for a video game. It isn't gritty like all the games I would equate to a modern video game from this generation. It was bright, and colorful and full of interesting features to see. There were moments where I got stuck, I think 3 of them, but I was able to eventually get past those times and just enjoy the rest of the game where.....geeze......if you had been on the fence about a PS3 like I had been, Uncharted is the selling point. I was already excited by the Uncharted 3 trailers, but playing the second game put me over the edge now. I think all of the characters are awesome, and all of the places are fantastic. Really, they are just not like anything else. The only time to experience Uncharted is right now!!!

A lot of games excite me for the way they play, or what I'm familiar with. Sometimes they look great. But man, I want more Drake right now, and I won't have to wait very long!

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I just finished Uncharted 2 on Normal tonight. After almost beating the first game I kind of gave up from being so frustrated. This second game though, wow. The voice-acting was always great but the action was such a leap for a video game. It isn't gritty like all the games I would equate to a modern video game from this generation. It was bright, and colorful and full of interesting features to see. There were moments where I got stuck, I think 3 of them, but I was able to eventually get past those times and just enjoy the rest of the game where.....geeze......if you had been on the fence about a PS3 like I had been, Uncharted is the selling point. I was already excited by the Uncharted 3 trailers, but playing the second game put me over the edge now. I think all of the characters are awesome, and all of the places are fantastic. Really, they are just not like anything else. The only time to experience Uncharted is right now!!!

A lot of games excite me for the way they play, or what I'm familiar with. Sometimes they look great. But man, I want more Drake right now, and I won't have to wait very long!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

GB's 2009 GOTY.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Eh, it's ok.

I think Uncharted 2 is a game that's fun to look at, but not much fun to play.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I've played it three times already, and I've started to develop an itch to play it again. It's just so much fun.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

@FancySoapsMan said:

Eh, it's ok. I think Uncharted 2 is a game that's fun to look at, but not much fun to play.

I... thought it was fun to play? All that... climbing on shit is rad.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@FancySoapsMan said:

Eh, it's ok. I think Uncharted 2 is a game that's fun to look at, but not much fun to play.

There are parts where it becomes hard because the AI is just cornering you. I did feel like I had to learn the "right way" and match the pattern presented. But this was a second release and the first game was tremendously irritating. I haven't got a doubt that the third game will be spectacular.

So far, this is by far the best reason to own a PS3. I've had mine for a while now and Uncharted is the thing to get. I think the cool stuff is PSone and that's like, really antiquated.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By fetchfox

It's such a great game, I think I've played it two or three times. And I agree on it being a selling point, as it was so for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.