Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted 3 will have LAN support

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

Yup

You know what? Even though not a lot of people use it, it's very nice to see developers implementing this stuff. After all, if they can code the game to be super stable online, they can code it to have LAN support, and probably very easily at that. So why not do it. That is the true question. So my hat goes to Naughty Dog, proving once again that they are a people's studio.

edit: oh, and they added LAN in response to the PSN outage. :) Haha

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

I am just glad that Uncharted 3 also will have local or offline co-op mode for the game.  

No Caption Provided
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By X19

Nice to see that if the servers go down again I'm not limited to just playing the single player for my uncharted fix.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By InternetCrab

Nice.
    cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cooljammer00

There's split screen coop in Uncharted 3? I can't see how that'd be possible, but okay.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tebbit

That's awesome! It's what I demanded from UC2. Somebody has been listening to my thoughts...

@cooljammer00 said:

There's split screen coop in Uncharted 3? I can't see how that'd be possible, but okay.

Did you play Uncharted 2? They had sort of cooperative mini-missions that you could play online with two other people.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vertrucio

Split screen is confirmed for Uncharted 3. It has something to do with the technical tricks they used to get 3D into the game, with Sony paying for the tech to be put in, they simply used it to add in extra functionality.  I think the specific use of it was that the 3D feature requires two frames to rendered at the same time anyway, so when 3D isn't in use, they just use that functionality to render two different player viewpoints.

Of course, you can't play in 3D and split screen. 

Anyway, what this does mean is that for the next game club lan party, I'm bringing Uncharted 3 and some of my friends' PS3s too.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akrid

Didn't they say something like the beta would be the full multi-player in the conference or something like that? I was confused by that statement.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By jkuc316
    @AuthenticM said:

Yup

You know what? Even though not a lot of people use it, it's very nice to see developers implementing this stuff. After all, if they can code the game to be super stable online, they can code it to have LAN support, and probably very easily at that. So why not do it. That is the true question. So my hat goes to Naughty Dog, proving once again that they are a people's studio.

edit: oh, and they added LAN in response to the PSN outage. :) Haha

People's studio? I thought they did not respond to a lot of the problems people complained about the boosters or something...

Anyways, yeah it's great that they implemented it. I finally can kick someone's ass in my house 1 on 1
    webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By webscud

That should also open up the game for larger competitive tournaments, correct?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @Akrid said:
    Didn't they say something like the beta would be the full multi-player in the conference or something like that? I was confused by that statement.
    I think you mean the Subway promotion thing. There will be a beta in June 28th, till July 13th, but come October should people buy specific products from Subway, they'll get access to the full multiplayer package for free; no doubt as a code or something. Then when the full games released you can import all your multiplayer progress straight into the game. Kinda fuckin rank, to be honest, since there'll be so many people heading in at like level so and so with all the boosters, experience and what have you, and it's also naturally exclusive within the US as well.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akrid
    @Abyssfull: Ah, that's right! Guess I'm going south of the border to get a sub some time in October then... Though I guess I'd have to activate it on an American account...... 
    Ah, screw it.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cooljammer00

@Tebbit said:

That's awesome! It's what I demanded from UC2. Somebody has been listening to my thoughts...

@cooljammer00 said:

Did you play Uncharted 2? They had sort of cooperative mini-missions that you could play online with two other people.

I did. But I don't remember there being split screen couch coop, which is what this implies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.