Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unreal Tournament 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 10, 2007

The third main installment of the fast-paced arena-based first-person shooter brings its futuristic world to the Unreal Engine 3 game engine while adding a grimy aesthetic and a new story-based single-player campaign (involving a crew of mercenaries set out to avenge their fallen colony against the Necris).

Why did this game not catch on?

DBZ_Fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DBZ_Fanatic

Just bought it for ps3 and hardly anyone is playing online. Why is this game a flop? I've been playing it for awhile now and I'm having tons of fun with it. Anyone got any reason to why this game isn't as popular as say a Socom or Gears of War?

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cube

Too similar to UT2K4 yet not as good.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Deathmatch-esque stuff just aren't trendy anymore, you either need space marines or American soldiers to succeed. You should have gotten it on PC, it's still not played too much but at least it shows up on Steam stats and there still are various mods to get and enjoy or wait for more.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Well for one its a multiplayer game only.  That story, jesus fucking christ, i cant believe thats what they came up with.  But its pretty similar to UT2004 and everyone loved that game, so the UE3 is the only reason to go here.  I love this game and so does jeff, I would have said pick it up for the PC instead or Xbox 360 because online communities for games suck on the PS3

Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hilbert

This also has something to do with it:

UT2004 = Color
    UT2004 = Color

UT3 = No Color
    UT3 = No Color

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

To be honest, UT3 ended up falling because they took forever to get the mod kit out.  Despite that, the game was incredibly fucking solid.  Shit happens, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.