Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valve Corporation

Company »

The developer of many acclaimed game franchises such as Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, and Dota. They are also responsible for the massively successful PC digital distribution service Steam.

Leak: Evidences on L4D3 & HL3

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Jira is a tracking product used for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management that today has provided us with very detailed information about ‘Left 4 Dead 3, ‘Half Life 3′ and ‘Source 2′. ..

One of the images shows some ‘Left 4 Dead 3‘ mailing lists and, according to the anonymous source, the main ‘Left 4 Dead 3‘ group contains around 68 people, while one of the subgroup contains “about 40″. Combining the two ‘Left 4 Dead 3‘ project groups makes it Valve’s third largest project.

Besides, the first image shows a 42 employee mailing group for ‘Half-life 3′, a significant number (Valve employ approximately 300 individuals) for the project, while the second image shows people such as Paul Pepera, who joined Valve in March 2013 after leaving Halo and Destiny game creators Bungie, so we know this is all updated and current info. ..

‘Steam Box’ is also a name we can read in the files, so we can assume Valve’s pre-build PC is still in development.

vgleaks: Leak: Evidences about ‘Left 4 Dead 3′ and ‘Half Life 3′ development appear on Internet.

Mmm.... I can't tell how much of this is being dedicated to console effort. Steam Box!. Interesting.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that HL3 is the industry's worst kept secret. And L4D3 always seemed like an eventual inevitability.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Not news, it's known that HL3 and Source 2 have been in development for a while and L4D3 is just one of those games that was obvious Valve would give another shot given the direction they are going in.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

HL3 will never live up to people's expectations. Hell, HL2 didn't live up to mine(I didn't play it at launch).

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I agree HL3 wont live up to hype but I also think games are so ahead of HL2 sometimes I wonder if Valve is afraid of not being able to compete. With games like Last of Us, Fallout3, Mass Effect series, Bioshock, etc. I sometimes feel their afraid that HL3 won't set the standard like HL2 did.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Figured those had to be in the works in some capacity. All those people working at Valve and not all of the mofos are working on DotA2. That's for damn sure.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to believe that Valve wouldn't use codenames.

FamousPicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be so confident about Half Life's 3 condition. Valve knows that it must be a stunner and maybe they're working on a new engine for this game?
    Who knows :)

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nictel

It's hardly a secret. There are still things like 'Soup Club' and 'Turtle Rock' in there, so maybe they do for other more (not sequel or announced) secret projects?

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YOU_DIED

@nictel said:

@max_cherry said:

It's hardly a secret. There are still things like 'Soup Club' and 'Turtle Rock' in there, so maybe they do for other more (not sequel or announced) secret projects?

Turtle Rock is a studio that was involved with Valve

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Dear god, why do people still give a shit about Half Life 3? Wouldn't you rather the talented guys at Valve make something new? I know I would.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Everything they shit out is gold anyway. Just like Rockstar.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Dear god, why do people still give a shit about Half Life 3? Wouldn't you rather the talented guys at Valve make something new? I know I would.

After the cliffhanger ending from Episode 2? Hell no! I've waited half a decade to take my vengeance and I'm going to get it. And sleep with Alyx and make baby Gordon. And we've waited nearly 20 years to find out the secret behind the G-Man. I want a Half Life 3.

I agree HL3 wont live up to hype but I also think games are so ahead of HL2 sometimes I wonder if Valve is afraid of not being able to compete. With games like Last of Us, Fallout3, Mass Effect series, Bioshock, etc. I sometimes feel their afraid that HL3 won't set the standard like HL2 did.

A lot of people said the same thing about Half Life 2. After the first game was a defining moment in gaming, everyone thought they would never be able to live up to it. But they did and more. They haven't messed up yet so until they make a game that doesn't live up to my expectations I just assume they will. Of course, to your point, I think they feel an enormous amount of pressure to live up to expectations. The rumor is that they have scrapped the game a couple of times because it wasn't good enough. That's the kind of studio Valve is. They'll keep working on it until they get it right. Even if it takes a decade for them to do that.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love a next gen Left 4 Dead. Add in hordes and hordes of zombies and balance those fucking special zombies out a bit and I'll really love it.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Is anyone really surprised they are working on Half-Life 3?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Half life 3 will debut with Source 2. I've called it for years (as I'm sure everyone else has) and I'm sticking to it.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EXTomar

It has been rumored for awhile now that...

- Half-Life 3 needs Source2 due to a lack of features in Source (that were trivially available in IDT and UE3).

- Did I imagine that there was a deal with Capcom and Valve? I'm not saying this is L4D3 but having a third party doing a Source2 game would "help".

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

It has been rumored for awhile now that...

- Half-Life 3 needs Source2 due to a lack of features in Source (that were trivially available in IDT and UE3).

- Did I imagine that there was a deal with Capcom and Valve? I'm not saying this is L4D3 but having a third party doing a Source2 game would "help".

I believe the deal between them was the Left 4 Dead 2 crew in Resident Evil 6 and RE6 enemies in L4D2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HL3 will never live up to people's expectations. Hell, HL2 didn't live up to mine(I didn't play it at launch).

Sounds like you have Great Expectations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.