Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Bloodlines is a first person action-RPG built on Source engine and based on the World of Darkness setting from White Wolf.

Gargoyle Quest as Malkavian *possible spoilers*

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BombKareshi

Evenin' all.

I'm on my second playthrough of Vampire: Bloodlines and I've hit a bit of a snag with the gargoyle in the Chinese theatre. Since I kicked old Gargle's ass in my first playthrough as a Tremere, I figured I'd try something different and try talking him down, which is apparently possible if you've got the right amount of Persuasion. Now, I've massed enough experience points to push my Persuasion up to 8, which according to all sources should be more than enough to convince the 'goyle not to fight. Problem is, it don't work.

Here's everything I've tried:

• Boosting my Persuasion skill to 8
    • Getting the gargoyle book from the Tremere chantry
    • Persuading Strauss to admit that the gargoyle was his creation

The correct dialogue choices appear to involve prompting the gargoyle to ally himself with the Baron. I'm wondering if perhaps this is impossible for Malkavians, given that my only dialogue choice to this effect is some garble about an "olive branch", to which the gargoyle simply goes WTF and ends that branch of the conversation. It's happened to me before – I couldn't find a girl for Romero either because my Malk talk would freak them all out!
    BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BombKareshi

Never mind, I figured it out.

My mistake was thinking that the dialogue always goes to a dead end after the 'goyle WTFs me over the "olive branch" option. If my Persuasion isn't high enough, it does. Otherwise, it is only after choosing this option that the new option appears. For some reason, I was so sure that it would be under the "let us talk" kind of option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.