99 Comments
  • 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Jayzilla

it's good to see jeff mess up as much as brad at a game.

Edited by AlKusanagi

R.I.P. chair.
 
*insert Bone Thugz N Harmony*
 
He's sittin' with Jack Frost now,ho.

Posted by TheHT

"This is you know, honest you know, proper motor sports WHAT IS THAT?!?!"

Online
Posted by NarcolepticBat

i love the 50cc's in these games.
Posted by SuperJoe

unlucky

Posted by Death_Burnout
@MrKlorox said:
" @Death_Burnout said:

" The ragdolls again look really goofy...i cant tell if more or less than the last game...  I remember playing one these types of games on the original xbox...i never remember the name, but the ragdolls in my memory were so damn good.  Oh man the ending was good "

Yeah the first MX vs ATV (and I think some Rainbow Studious ATV games before the series merger) had the best looking ragdolls I had seen up to that point. These look lame as hell. Then again, nothing can compare to Euphoria influenced ragdolls like those in GTA4. "
Dude yeah! Euphoria is God...i so want more and more games to use it, as well as DMM
Posted by Jimbo_N

That chair must have broke in a violent fashion.  
Also, If you count every time Jeff falls off a vehicle in this game as a "death" he must be catching up to Brad soon.
Posted by Daftasabat

Jeff "I've been known to eat it" dude TMI

Posted by Rhaknar

i was just watching some quicklook (or maybe a bombcast) where ryan warns vinny his chair is just about to break... i guess the chair finally died :D

Posted by Gunblader

Jeff's reppin the 707!  North Bay all day!

Edited by MrKlorox

If I could buy a downloadable version of the game for $15 with one quarter of the content, I totally would. But I'm not into the genre enough to pay full price for the game, which I probably wouldn't even finish.
 

@Death_Burnout

said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" @Death_Burnout said:

" The ragdolls again look really goofy...i cant tell if more or less than the last game...  I remember playing one these types of games on the original xbox...i never remember the name, but the ragdolls in my memory were so damn good.  Oh man the ending was good "

Yeah the first MX vs ATV (and I think some Rainbow Studious ATV games before the series merger) had the best looking ragdolls I had seen up to that point. These look lame as hell. Then again, nothing can compare to Euphoria influenced ragdolls like those in GTA4. "
Dude yeah! Euphoria is God...i so want more and more games to use it, as well as DMM "
Coincidentally, Pure used Morpheme -- the animation blending middleware fron NaturalMotion (which seems to be made to use alongside Euphoria). I think GTA4 could have been much smoother with the transitions and used procedural animation more often (such as when the occupants of a vehicle shift their weight during a hard turn) if they also use it instead of their own blend stuff. But being blown 10 yards into the air and landing on your feet, no matter how wonky looking, is a cool thing.
 
Pure animated terrifically, especially on PC with a ridiculous number of frames. I hope the use of Euphoria is really expanded in Red Dead Redemption.
Posted by Death_Burnout
@MrKlorox said:
" If I could buy a downloadable version of the game for $15 with one quarter of the content, I totally would. But I'm not into the genre enough to pay full price for the game, which I probably wouldn't even finish.
 
@Death_Burnout said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" @Death_Burnout said:

" The ragdolls again look really goofy...i cant tell if more or less than the last game...  I remember playing one these types of games on the original xbox...i never remember the name, but the ragdolls in my memory were so damn good.  Oh man the ending was good "

Yeah the first MX vs ATV (and I think some Rainbow Studious ATV games before the series merger) had the best looking ragdolls I had seen up to that point. These look lame as hell. Then again, nothing can compare to Euphoria influenced ragdolls like those in GTA4. "
Dude yeah! Euphoria is God...i so want more and more games to use it, as well as DMM "
Coincidentally, Pure used Endorphin -- the animation blending middleware fron NaturalMotion (which seems to be made to use alongside Euphoria). I think GTA4 could have been much smoother with the transitions and used procedural animation more often (such as when the occupants of a vehicle shift their weight during a hard turn) if they also use it instead of their own blend stuff. But being blown 10 yards into the air and landing on your feet, no matter how wonky looking, is a cool thing.  Pure animated terrifically, especially on PC with a ridiculous number of frames. I hope the use of Euphoria is really expanded in Red Dead Redemption. "
Yeah Pure was great for that, little light as a game but great.
 
i use the free endorphin learning programme on my PC time to time, it's great for setting up wrestling moves...and tables! haha
Edited by MrKlorox
@Death_Burnout: Yes, I also played around with that. Endorphin LE is a truly awesome toy. Also, I meant Morpheme instead of Endorphin in my previous post. The other non-Euphoria NM animation software. D'oh.
 
For those wondering, Endorphin is like Euphoria except for rendering animations before-hand instead of real-time.
Posted by Death_Burnout
@MrKlorox: Ohhh i see, but yeah Endorphin is great regardless
Posted by animateria

Nowadays I like arcade style stuff like Motor Storm: Pacific Rift.
 
I enjoyed sim style games like this but not enough chaos.
 
I like chaos.

Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles

What was with the random "Hamburger shaped hot dog" talk at the beginning? lol
Posted by Jimbo7676

Awesome Dave breaking a chair video guys.

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

Dave broke a chair.
I demand a full article complete with pictures and status updates on the disposal and replacement methods.

Posted by Reverseface

JEFF SAID FARM FOR MONEY. CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER

Posted by Reverseface

JEFF SAID FARM FOR MONEY. CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER

Posted by leky1

It just cuts off for me at 15:35

Posted by PeasForFees
@leky1 said:
" It just cuts off for me at 15:35 "
Wireless Connection?
Posted by leky1
@PeasForFees said:
" @leky1 said:
" It just cuts off for me at 15:35 "
Wireless Connection? "
No...modem
Posted by PeasForFees
@leky1 said:

" @PeasForFees said:

" @leky1 said:
" It just cuts off for me at 15:35 "
Wireless Connection? "
No...modem "
This is generally due to the internet disconnecting for a split second which cancels the download of the video
Posted by leky1
@PeasForFees said:
" @leky1 said:

" @PeasForFees said:

" @leky1 said:
" It just cuts off for me at 15:35 "
Wireless Connection? "
No...modem "
This is generally due to the internet disconnecting for a split second which cancels the download of the video "
Oh well....ill just watch it on gametrailers they're users constantly steal out quick looks!
Posted by Willy105

It's just fun to watch people crash!

Posted by stinky

ground is way too soft, if you are leaving ruts like that its only a matter of short time before you will be stuck.

Posted by MeatSim

Not really intrested in this sort of game but the graphics are pretty good looking and I like the rag doll physics.

Posted by Dryker

I wonder if Jeff was having problems through the offroad stuff because he was full throttle the whole time. He seemed to be tearing through everything.
Edited by JP_Russell

Would be an interesting racing game if the AI wasn't so braindead and actually tried to avoid running into you.  That would simply infuriate me to no end, trying to perform as flawlessly as possible and along comes an AI driver with no self-preservation ramming into me that I'd have no way of avoiding.  Fuck that.
Posted by InFamous91

Pure is way better than MX vs. ATV

Posted by ZmillA

I love quicklooks where jeff repeatedly gets screwed over.....what?

Posted by buzz_clik

I was totally thinking Smuggler's Run as soon as that coloured smoke appeared. Man, I wonder how bad that game would look if I dragged it out and gave it a spin.

Moderator
Posted by Ignor

This looks like a fun game to watch others play.

Posted by ArchScabby

lol, no chair is safe from the wrath of Dave!!

Posted by ColdsnapBryan

You guys should make the Bombcast picture this week of the broken chair.

Posted by fox01313

Hrm looks interesting for this style of racing & will definitely throw it in the gamefly list to try out later. Hopefully the huge number of digital death & doom in this QL acts as a minor buffer for Brad so he can get through a few future & exciting Quick Look videos without dying. Too bad though on the game that they didn't introduce some combat from Road Rash with all the bikes flying at you in a race.
Posted by BenX02

The beginning of this is fucking hilarious. XD XD

Posted by Hoshnasi

The crashes are DEVASTATING to watch.  I do love ATVs though.  Rode the shit out of mine as a teen.

Posted by Gamer_152

Dave Snider: Legendary slayer of chairs!

Moderator
Posted by Aarny91

Best QL ever.

Posted by elementelll

Giant bomb qoty:
I'm like the weird Al of eating it

Posted by cadebenzon

My friend was the lead animator on this game, and they canned his ass, and many other higher paid people just days prior to the release, because they didnt want them their bonuses.  It think it was due to the fact that they knew they didnt have a good game, play mechanics wise.  THQ are a bunch of cheap bastards!

Posted by SpikeDelight

That is a seriously ugly front menu screen!

Posted by Ishatawk

Every time you guys say "Slam it, put hella base in it", I can't help but feel warm inside. Ironic Norcal pride.

Posted by ZmillA

come to the diamond center, get some sale on diamonds. And at the cow palace all these stereos are going to be on sale /awesome voice
 
I came back to this quicklook just for that part lol

Posted by RoyCampbell

Any parting words to say, Jeff?
 
... hey what's up.

Posted by GregIsRad

15:37 perfect timing.

Edited by chilipeppersman

haha this game looks so bad it might be good!