219 Comments
Posted by ptc

If you want more recommendations on games like this, check out indiegamerchick. She's my XBLIG muse...

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is #48 on her top 100 list.

Posted by Laini

Oh for fuck sake, another Patrick QL? Give us a break, please :(

Posted by ZagZagovich

Seems super dope.

Posted by smokyexe

scoopbomb.com

Posted by algertman

@asdfsdaf said:

Oh so it's the Patrick show now? On Patrickbomb?

At least we are getting some type of content.

Posted by Sarumarine

I have to admit, that Wagon Adventure was pretty super and amazing. I dig this game's sense of humor with its quick little jabs of absurdity.

Posted by Smokey_Earhole

@h0lgr said:

@asdfsdaf said:

Oh so it's the Patrick show now? On Patrickbomb?

PatrickBomb.com. Your source for player agency and intricate gameplay systems.

Ostensibly the best thing ever!

Posted by iAmJohn

@Baal_Sagoth said:

The game looks pretty good. I actually hope that it might warrant many playthroughs (maybe via the unlocked wagons) and has a lot of variety in the insane epsiodes. Plus, the funny writing really does it for me in a surprsing way. Almost as if a little kid was the narrator.

Part of the way it does that is that the game randomly cycles through its events. There's still some you'll see every single time you play it (you always start with the hunt and then get attacked by the bandits; the general progression of fields to plains to desert/underwater to mountains, etc. is always the same) but they constantly change the events you do when you're in there. It's actually a really sharply designed game for a buck.

I'm so glad GB's finally giving SAWA some love. I discovered it around the time it came out and have loved it since. I'm not kidding when I say it's honestly in my top 5 games from last year.

Posted by iAmJohn

@Rmack said:

@MattGrant said:

Tried the game right after I watched this. I learned two things: I am really bad at side-scrolling shooters and that this is definitely worth 80 MS points even if you are someone who is really bad at side-scrolling shooters.

Are the levels/events randomized or is it the same every time? Going to buy it either way, just curious.

It's partially randomized. The general progression is always the same and there's some events you always have to play (the bandit attack in the beginning, for one), but the stuff in between is all variable. Real talk: I've had the game since shortly after it came out and this Quick Look was the first time I had ever seen the Civil War battle.

Posted by TheHT

looks like a good nonsensical time.

Posted by MattGrant

Partly randomized, for sure. A couple runs were the same each time, others began with a new segment with the rest largely unchanged. The bomber came up really early for me, though. Way in advance of its appearance in the QL. ...I should also probably mention that I never got passed the first river crossing. Damn fording.

Posted by MattGrant

Addendum: people really need to STFU about Patrick. This inverted boner many have for the guy is crazy. Learn to. Disagree peaceably. Jeez!

Posted by Vuud

i remember when shit like this was free on newgrounds

damn kids wised up.

Posted by North6

@Laini said:

Oh for fuck sake, another Patrick QL? Give us a break, please :(

Oh for fuck sake, another furry avatar? Give us a break, please :(

Posted by Seb

Thanks Jessica.

Posted by North6

@MattGrant said:

Addendum: people really need to STFU about Patrick. This inverted boner many have for the guy is crazy. Learn to. Disagree peaceably. Jeez!

Agreed. This is why I hate comments sections on this website. People are fucking insane.

Posted by iAmJohn

@North6 said:

@Laini said:

Oh for fuck sake, another Patrick QL? Give us a break, please :(

Oh for fuck sake, another furry avatar? Give us a break, please :(

I like your style.

Posted by Ben_H

This game is amazing. I am totally thinking of buying it.

Posted by Stevemax

I was all excited after watching the QL I immediately fired up the xbox only to find it's not available in my region. D:

*sobs*

Posted by Rejizzle

I may have to buy an xbox.

Posted by prestonhedges

I bet this shit plays out the exact same way every single time.

Posted by charlie_victor_bravo

It Came From the Xbox Live did it first - 6 months ago.

Posted by bemusedchunk

@gladspooky said:

I bet this shit plays out the exact same way every single time.

You would lose that bet. This game is super fun, and well worth the entry fee - which is a buck I think.

Posted by ApolloBob

Now now - pretty clear to me that all the people who hate Patrick are actually wrestling with their confusing sexual attraction to him. His voice makes them have unbidden visions of running their fingers through his fro, and in the stillest hours of the night when they can't sleep they toss and turn and think about him wearing the hot dog suit and feel strange tingles they can't explain. No wonder they can't chill out.

Posted by RetroVirus

@ApolloBob said:

Now now - pretty clear to me that all the people who hate Patrick are actually wrestling with their confusing sexual attraction to him. His voice makes them have unbidden visions of running their fingers through his fro, and in the stillest hours of the night when they can't sleep they toss and turn and think about him wearing the hot dog suit and feel strange tingles they can't explain. No wonder they can't chill out.

His hair, even though you can't see it, is in fact a magnet for human sexuality. It is impossible to resist, some just handle it better than others.

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

@iAmJohn said:

@Baal_Sagoth said:

The game looks pretty good. I actually hope that it might warrant many playthroughs (maybe via the unlocked wagons) and has a lot of variety in the insane epsiodes. Plus, the funny writing really does it for me in a surprsing way. Almost as if a little kid was the narrator.

Part of the way it does that is that the game randomly cycles through its events. There's still some you'll see every single time you play it (you always start with the hunt and then get attacked by the bandits; the general progression of fields to plains to desert/underwater to mountains, etc. is always the same) but they constantly change the events you do when you're in there. It's actually a really sharply designed game for a buck.

I'm so glad GB's finally giving SAWA some love. I discovered it around the time it came out and have loved it since. I'm not kidding when I say it's honestly in my top 5 games from last year.

Ah, very nice! That's certainly good to hear. I discovered it mere days before this QL because Kikoskia started his LP. But even in those few games a lot of variety happened. For example the time travel episode that came out of nowhere in the QL. I'll definitely give it a shot myself!

Posted by mellotronrules

this game is precisely my kind of stupid.

and christ the anti-patrick brigade clocked in early today! sorry guys, no overtime. you know, the economy and shit.

Posted by Tyrax

I'm surprised/impressed this got covered on GB. There has not been a lot of XBLIG games on here. To be fair, its a lot like iOS, not every game deserved consideration, but there are some great and cheap console games there.

I think I was just hoping for more from GB when the XBLIG summer uprising happened

Posted by DrStrangepork

This game is stupid in all the right ways. I'll gladly pony up a buck for this.

Posted by Benny

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Posted by DaKammando

@ApolloBob: yeah i dont understand the patrick hate either

Posted by gaggle64

Best QL in a while. I'd gladly pay a dollar-fifty for this thing.

Posted by Igottadeuce

@Sweepy said:

@alibson said:

@SerHulse said:

@alibson said:

Why is Patrick in every single Quick Look now? What's going on here? Is it actually "Patrick Klepek's Giant Bomb"?

They are doing it to specifically spite you.

I KNEW IT

why is there some fucker always whining in every single quick look comment place? is it actually "giant babies' giant bomb?"

Why is there always someone complaining about someone complaining about Patrick? Is it actually "IBombOpinions.com"?

Posted by Phished0ne

Im not sure who i hate more, people who relentlessly shit on patrick. Or patrick white knights who feel the need to defend him.

Im pretty sure it should've been THE YEAH-TI instead of Bigfoot.

OH BAH GAHWD ITS THE YEAHTII!!
Posted by GalacticGravy

Fuckin' SOLD

Posted by craigbo180

@Ben_H said:

This game is amazing. I am totally thinking of buying it.

So amazing that you are willing to consider the prospect of shelling out what could only be classed as an insignificant amount of money to purchase it! Are your feet cold? I only ask because it sounds to me like the current status of your socks is: blown off.

Posted by Ouren

Proud to say my game was part of the same Indie Royale Bundle as this game.

Posted by SilvarusLupus

This is the best game ever.

Posted by teh_destroyer

This looks like dumb fun, I will probably give them my $1.

Posted by gbrading

I never played Oregon Trail. I had Amazon Trail II.

Posted by JustinAquarius

they didn't see the scene where they trip on PCP and confront their inner demons

Posted by PatchMaster

Too many llamas!

Posted by last_targaryen

GOTY 2013 contender!

Posted by MankMachinery

I'm amazed that some jerkoff just made this game for the hell of it and got it out there for people to see. It's great and I wish that it happened more often. It makes me wonder how many other good ideas are out there that never get the chance to be known. I'm guessing many.

Posted by Itwastuesday

after about a minute I immediately stopped the quick look and booted up my xbox to go buy it

Posted by Phatmac

This is great.

Posted by Krenor

haven't seen the quick look yet but I somehow know Patrick will be in it

Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake

HOLY SHIT! That time travel effect is the same one from The Time Belt!

Posted by BeachThunder

Is this real life?

Posted by MiniPato

@Igottadeuce said:

@Sweepy said:

@alibson said:

@SerHulse said:

@alibson said:

Why is Patrick in every single Quick Look now? What's going on here? Is it actually "Patrick Klepek's Giant Bomb"?

They are doing it to specifically spite you.

I KNEW IT

why is there some fucker always whining in every single quick look comment place? is it actually "giant babies' giant bomb?"

Why is there always someone complaining about someone complaining about Patrick? Is it actually "IBombOpinions.com"?

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A NEVERENDING CYCLE OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT etc.