145 Comments
  • 145 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by EquitasInvictus

@adam1808 said:

@vikingdeath1 said:

720 p's, yes?

All them p's.

"Jehuty in 1080p!"

Posted by Phatmac

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

Yeah sure, Otaku.

Posted by PulledaBrad

@Iodine: @Iodine said:

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE IT IS WRONG!!!

VOICES DISPLEASURE AND AN OPPOSING THOUGHT! BASELESS AND UNFUNNY RIDICULE ACTIVATE!

Posted by kishinfoulux

More overrated Kojima crap. Never got the love for this game.

Posted by Nephrahim

Aww, I was hoping they would get to Anubis.

Edited by darkvare

i'm sure someone said it before but the robots look way too much like metal gear rex also metal gear hd collection got updated and you can select game without quitting out

Posted by ervonymous

@I_smell said:

Nah, Raiden was turned into a submissive gay, then a robot ninja cyborg death machine. Leo just grew up a few years, I think.

Not the most straight comparison for sure, but if memory serves Leo was kind of an asshole piloting Vic Viper in 2. Just struck me more as them trying to make him a more appealing (?) character by axing his old personality. Not that I missed his naivety and high-pitched voice.

Posted by Wes899

@outerabiz said:

@Wes899 said:

@Freshbandito said:

@alibson said:

Meh, framerate issues don't seam to be gamebreaking

This is the reason games run like shit these days, stop being an apologist asshole

you need to realise most people don't give a shit and think people who obsess over a skipped frame here or there are completely fucking insane neckbeards.

There's literally no excuse why PS2 games can't run at a constant 60 frames per second in 2012.

maybe, but asking konami to put a lot of money, into something that probably won't sell very well, is probably asking too much. Im guessing this is put out, just to get a sense of how high a priority ZOE 3 should be, coming next gen.

I'd rather have it done right than not done at all. Asking a company to put in a normal amount of effort isn't asking too much.

Posted by GalacticPunt

The first ZOE is alright, but 2nd Runner is THE SHIT. One of the best games of the PS2. Towards the end, there's a battlefield with 1000's of full-sized mechs duking it out, and it's stunning. That part just had a bit of slowdown, so I was hyped that the HD Collection would make a perfect 60 FPS version of that possible. But somehow the games run worse on new hardware, cause Hoffman Estates Don't Care.

Posted by FoolishChaos

This makes me want to play Vanquish again

Posted by csl316

The first can be beaten in under 4 hours, but the second is still glorious. The robots sure are glad to be there.

Posted by Flappy

I love this collection to death, but the framerate issue with 2nd Runner is like, totally ass. Unfortunately, I may have to suck it up eventually if they do nothing about it.

Posted by Nottle

Which version of this game should I get? 360 or Ps3? Will they fix the issues.

Posted by Delta_Ass

Those anime cutscenes. Ugh.

Posted by prestonhedges

@outerabiz said:

@Wes899 said:

@Freshbandito said:

@alibson said:

Meh, framerate issues don't seam to be gamebreaking

This is the reason games run like shit these days, stop being an apologist asshole

you need to realise most people don't give a shit and think people who obsess over a skipped frame here or there are completely fucking insane neckbeards.

There's literally no excuse why PS2 games can't run at a constant 60 frames per second in 2012.

maybe, but asking konami to put a lot of money, into something that probably won't sell very well, is probably asking too much.

I guess he was wrong. There IS an excuse.

Posted by Nottle

Imagine if one of these games was done with KojiPro X Platinum Games. That would be awesome.

Posted by SpunkyHePanda

Encount!

Posted by mrfluke

@PulledaBrad said:

@Iodine: @Iodine said:

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE IT IS WRONG!!!

VOICES DISPLEASURE AND AN OPPOSING THOUGHT! BASELESS AND UNFUNNY RIDICULE ACTIVATE!

POINTLESS RAGE ON MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Dan_CiTi

GIVE ME BACK JEHUTY!!

Posted by heatDrive88

@mrfluke said:

@PulledaBrad said:

@Iodine: @Iodine said:

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE IT IS WRONG!!!

VOICES DISPLEASURE AND AN OPPOSING THOUGHT! BASELESS AND UNFUNNY RIDICULE ACTIVATE!

POINTLESS RAGE ON MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABSTRACT AND UNRELATED CAT GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Tesla

It's too bad they messed up the PS3 version. As a multiplatform guy my first instinct would be to get that version considering the origins of the series.

I loved the old ZOE games, but 40 bucks for a slight upgrade does not tickle my fancy. I'll nab this when it hits 20.

Posted by Solh0und

It's kinda bad that the 360 Konami HD collections seem to be the only versions worth playing. Though I hear MGS HD Collection runs fine on PS3.

Posted by Ryan

unsubscribe

Staff
Posted by Milkman
@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you @Ryan Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

anime is for jerks
Online
Posted by BBQBram

@adam1808 said:

@vikingdeath1 said:

720 p's, yes?

All them p's.

Is this irony or genuine misconception? There is only one p.

Posted by HansKaosu

HD collections sux,, never better then original

Posted by AlexanderSheen

@bloodsoul5 said:

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

The story and writing in both zone of the enders is either god awful or poorly translated. The voice acting is just as bad as well. I like anime but this is no neon genesis evangelion, of which most of ZoE1's concepts are ripped from.

Edit: Also leo is a terrible terrible shinji.

Also, fuck NGE and fuck Ikari Shinji!

Posted by Hef

I was promised Jehuty in 1080p.

720 is no enough P's.

Posted by Cloudenvy

@AlexanderSheen said:

@bloodsoul5 said:

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

The story and writing in both zone of the enders is either god awful or poorly translated. The voice acting is just as bad as well. I like anime but this is no neon genesis evangelion, of which most of ZoE1's concepts are ripped from.

Edit: Also leo is a terrible terrible shinji.

Also, fuck NGE and fuck Ikari Shinji!

Yeah! Double fuck NGE and Shinji!

Posted by Canteu

Kinda weird that Patrick says he's a fan of Z.O.E. but did not finish a 4 hour game.

Posted by Gilby

I can't believe they skipped the intro to 2! That song is so crazy catchy!

Posted by Palaeomerus

@Blastroid said:

That robots cup is huge. Great did I just admit to staring at a robots junk.

You said "Cockpit". Heh huh huh heh heh huh.

Posted by RetroVirus

See, this is why I like Gurren Lagann: awesome mech fights, with 80% less anime drama.

Posted by Mezmero

Great quick look guys. I remember playing the first ZOE at a friend's house when it was out and was blown away by the action. The ending sequence was just pointless. Never played the sequel but from the video it looks like much better art with a way dumber story. I distinctly remember wishing that there could be a Gundam Wing game based on this fast paced combat but instead we Dynasty Warriors with Gundams. I remember the frame rate being a lot smoother on the PS2. Perhaps my memory was damaged or perhaps the video feed isn't ideal. Either way I'm not buying or renting. Keep up these great videos!

Posted by eccentrix

@alibson said:

Meh, framerate issues don't seem to be gamebreaking

This is the reason games run like shit these days, stop being an apologist asshole

Sorry for not noticing how bad games are. I guess I should be paying closer attention so I can have less fun.

Posted by Draxyle

Love the heck out of ZoE2, but yea, I wish they had handled the VO and story better. It always weirded me out that the makers of MGS1, the prime first example of VO done right, could be this cheap with the writing and VO in ZoE. It keeps ZoE2 from being a perfect game.

But yea, manic mech fighting has never been done better.

Posted by MjHealy

Thankfully, a QUICK Look.

Posted by kerse

Really? Another HD Collection with some framerate problems from Konami? This isn't as bad as Silent Hill and totally playable, but still.

Posted by linus_south

@mrfluke said:

@PulledaBrad said:

@Iodine: @Iodine said:

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE IT IS WRONG!!!

VOICES DISPLEASURE AND AN OPPOSING THOUGHT! BASELESS AND UNFUNNY RIDICULE ACTIVATE!

POINTLESS RAGE ON MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENGLISH ELUDES ME IN MY RAGE!!!!!! MUST SPEEL THANGZ RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by advocatefish

One of the best video game names. Zone of the Enders.

Posted by Silvergun

I hadn't really thought about it before, but Asura's Wrath is kind of a spiritual successor to ZOE. I bet if there was a PS3/360 ZOE, it'd have looked a lot like that.

Posted by dropabombonit

Is the PS3 version as bad as Patrick says it is? Doesn't come out in the UK until the end of the month and was thinking of getting a copy to tide me over until I get a couple of games at Christmas

Posted by Artwood

Picked this up solely because I wanted to show Konami I'm interested in a Z.O.E. 3. I know Kojima's already working on a version based on the FOX engine but dammit this franchise needs more love.

Posted by Lurkero

@Canteu said:

Kinda weird that Patrick says he's a fan of Z.O.E. but did not finish a 4 hour game.

It's difficult to take gaming press seriously when they say they are a fan of something. Perhaps their time is split between so many other games, but too often I hear "I am a fan of this..." followed by some statement that instantly reduces the impact of that.

Edited by aceofspudz

Suggestive at 13:55

Some classic amped up japanese vidja game music in this, too. Never played ZOE.

Online
Posted by Vitor

@GalacticPunt said:

The first ZOE is alright, but 2nd Runner is THE SHIT. One of the best games of the PS2. Towards the end, there's a battlefield with 1000's of full-sized mechs duking it out, and it's stunning. That part just had a bit of slowdown, so I was hyped that the HD Collection would make a perfect 60 FPS version of that possible. But somehow the games run worse on new hardware, cause Hoffman Estates Don't Care.

Dude, the framerate throughout ZOE 2 was consistently bad. Back then I rarely noticed things like that but even ZOE2 stood out to me.

The PS2 was being pushed hard and this definitely performs better overall. Although I agree that it should be smoother but that being said I'd be OK with a constant 30 instead of a 60FPS that jumps all over the place.

Really hoping the Vita version is OK. That and MGS3 are great remasters for the system that look incredible on that screen,

Posted by melodiousj

@eccentrix said:

@alibson said:

Meh, framerate issues don't seem to be gamebreaking

This is the reason games run like shit these days, stop being an apologist asshole

Sorry for not noticing how bad games are. I guess I should be paying closer attention so I can have less fun.

LOL! So true! If only we all cared enough to stop enjoying things already.

I'm totally gonna steal that line from you and run it into the ground, just so you know.

Posted by ICantBeStopped

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

Beat it, Rick

Posted by Shtinky

@Aetheldod said:

Oh fuck you Zone of the Enders have a good story and amazing deep universe ... the fact that you dont like japanese stuff does not make this games bad .... at leat have the decency of admitting that your anti anime bias bull crap is in full effect here.

Get lost; we don't want your Weeaboo kind here.

Posted by StoffInator

Figures you guys would want the 360 over the PS3 lol

  • 145 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3