Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Purchase Advice

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BraveToaster

I've been wanting to get into Strategy games and I've heard good things about this one. I've been looking at this game on Steam and I'm trying fighting back the urge to make this an impulse buy.  Do you consider this game too difficult for someone new to RTS?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

It's very different to other RTS games. Not sure about the multiplayer, since that's not my thing, it's very different from the single player, and the closest i got was trying 1 skirmish match against ai in which i got owned. 

The campaign is pretty damn good, and has some nice rpg type elements in it. If you're going to get it, go for the gold edition which includes Chaos Rising. 
    I never finished the game, and don't plan to get Chaos Rising, but only cause i have an utter hatred for Space Marines, and there's only a space marine campaign.
    n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By n00bosaurusRex

I've put more hours into this game than many others.  Like Shirogane says, the campaign is awesome... both in the original and the expansion.  Last Stand is also a lot of fun.  Its really easy to jump into and gets very exciting and tactical at the higher waves.  The ranked multiplayer is fun if you can hang with the guru's that you have to play against (I certainly can't).   

This game is much more tactical than a traditional RTS.  Now that I've been playing it for a year I actually prefer it, and I can't really picture myself going to back to a traditional RTS and enjoying it like I used to.  Last Stand and Campaign mode both do a great job of scratching the loot collection itch if you have one.   

I can't recommend this game enough.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Teirdome

n00basaurus needs a medal because he's spot on.

The gold edition is pretty much a steal.  $40 for two great campaigns in one of the most advanced tactical games out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.