Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Warhammer Online

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

So the new big MMO being released next month is Warhammer, and alot of people are talking and since Age Of Conan pretty much crashed and burned I have switched to Lord Of The Rings Online, and many other will go there own paths(to other mmo`s)

So will you be picking up War? and what is your opinion on the looks of this game, or will it not beable to handle the release of WOTLK?

Warhammer
    Warhammer
    jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jondavis

That's a sizable image.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonDavis said:
    "That's a sizable image."
    I know, I just thought it fit well with the theme of the topic, you know, nice and pretty Warhammer cover.
    I could change it if you like though.
    jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jondavis

Ha, no need, no need.

Bkorns4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bkorns4

I am very much looking forward to WAR. Currently awaiting patiently for my beta invite :D

Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Billabong81

I plan on waiting a month or so to see what the general consensus is of the game.  If it is mostly good, I'll pick it up.  I preordered the $80 Age of Conan collector's edition and had WAR's on preorder as well, but have since cancelled it.  I'm waiting this time.

AndrewGPM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AndrewGPM

I think it will do very well but nothing will ever touch WoW's market. I might pick it up but I am pretty sick of paying monthly for playing a game.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By xymox

Will try warhammer out. Already applied for beta.
    Lich king, don't know about that. Sounds like a scam tbh. Why should everyone be able to make a level 55 character right away? It's like they are retconning the entire original game. Death Knight? More like Noob Knight.

Age of Conan, I'll probably play that in 1 or 2 years when I get a computer that can actually handle that game. I'd rather not play it on low, because low looks like it could be rendered with a voodoo 2 sli

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Rowr

I already own the best MMO.

My boss gives me quests at the start of the day, and i diligently carry them out to earn real gold!

Its a bit of a grind, though the results are generally positive. I might go buy some new clothes to deck out my character tommorrow.

The best thing is I dont need a second job to afford to play!

In my off time I can focus on playing the plethora of great games available on the market.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rowr said:
    "I already own the best MMO.

My boss gives me quests at the start of the day, and i diligently carry them out to earn real gold!

Its a bit of a grind, though the results are generally positive. I might go buy some new clothes to deck out my character tommorrow.

In my off time I can focus on playing the plethora of great games available on the market."
    This sounds like a great game, is it hard to find?
    albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By albaker
    Rowr said:
    "I already own the best MMO.

In my off time I can focus on playing the plethora of great games available on the market."
    Hey I play the exact same MMO! Except I also play Age of Conan.........
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta.

Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Decimator

I'm always looking forward to a new MMORPG. As for Warhammer Online I think it should be another great MMORP, but I'm still fed up with a subscription on Age of Conan. I used to play Age of Conan, but I barely have time for it, so I don't whether I'm going to play Warhammer Online or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta."
    Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By unclejohnny79

might try it out

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mattbodega

After watching that interview with EA Mythic's Creative Director on WAR, I have officially jumped on the "excited" train for this game. Applied for the beta, hope to check it out!
    If that game is as crazy as Paul Barnett, than....that game is gonna be nuts!

Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decimator
    Bucketdeth said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly."
    Do you have any confirmation on this then? If so, please send me a PM about it, made me a little curious. ;)
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By xymox
    Decimator said:
    "Bucketdeth said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly."
    Do you have any confirmation on this then? If so, please send me a PM about it, made me a little curious. ;)"
    The statistics speak for themselves. Check the age of conan forum on giant bomb dot com.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decimator said:
    "Bucketdeth said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

Do you have any confirmation on this then? If so, please send me a PM about it, made me a little curious. ;)"
    Here you go, It`s on many other gaming sites also.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By pause422

I'm totally done with fantasy based mmo's,but if I don't get in the beta, I'll probably purchase a copy anyway just to see how it is, and mainly support the game since a few people I like are working on it.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HitNRun
    Xymox said:
    "Will try warhammer out. Already applied for beta.
    Lich king, don't know about that. Sounds like a scam tbh. Why should everyone be able to make a level 55 character right away? It's like they are retconning the entire original game. Death Knight? More like Noob Knight.
    Yeah, "scam" might actually be pretty accurate. WotLK seems like "that" expansion for WoW; what Trials of Atlantis was for DAOC, what Luclin was for EQ and, for the really hardcore, what Amatsu was for Ragnarok Online.

At some point, the feature-rush to keep people coming back becomes a hideous, sentient monstrosity that makes the game unplayable for people who played it before the expansion. The new features just overwhelm and trivialize what veteran players consider "the game."

Warhammer looks less promising than I hoped it would be, they're obviously rushing it which also makes me nervous, but I'll definitely give it a try. Collision-detection MMO combat alone makes it worth a go.
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22  Edited By mrhankey

wait AoC crashed and burned? really? wasn't funcom's profits up this past quarter?

Jynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jynx

Im thinking that WAR will be a good game standing by itself but with the amount of fanasy based MMO's out there, one being WoW, which like it or not totally ownes every other MMO because of it popularity and financial success, I find it hard to see WAR grab enough of a market share to establish itself well enough for long-term success. They look like they have some good things planned but its still way too similar to things that are already avalible. The MMO genre need something new and fresh if they want to gain any kind of dominance.

But hey, that's just my oppinion.

Oh and btw, about that WOTLK being a scam because of death nights post... you cant actually create a DK steight away. In fact you have to have a character that is over 55 to have the ability to make one so if you are a new player you still have to play the old game. Personally I hate the idea of the DK, its not a real hero class at all atm. But its only beta so things could change. I still think that WOTLK will provide enough to keep people playing WoW over other games like WAR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrhankey said:
    "wait AoC crashed and burned? really? wasn't funcom's profits up this past quarter?"
    Yeah because of the release, now that it`s out and half the population has left, it`s the start of a quick downhill ride for failcom.
    VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By VACkillers

it could be quite good, though im disapointed with the game graphicly, which doesn't look that good at all from what i've seen, especially when you compare the graphic quality that is in the new Warhammer Dawn Of War 2, which looks absolutely stunning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VACkillers said:
    "it could be quite good, though im disapointed with the game graphicly, which doesn't look that good at all from what i've seen, especially when you compare the graphic quality that is in the new Warhammer Dawn Of War 2, which looks absolutely stunning"
    Yeah the graphics may be a little outdated but there not to bad. Seeing as this is a huge world and Warhammer:DOW2 is a RTS I can see it looking a little better.
    But thats just my opinion : )
    Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jordan23
    I wonder if Warhammer Online will have near the success as Blizzard's behemoth "World of Warcraft."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jordan23 said:
    "I wonder if Warhammer Online will have near the success as Blizzard's behemoth "World of Warcraft."
    "
    I highly doubt they will get 10,000,000 players, but If I had to guess there going to get 2-4 million and I know thats still a very large amount, I`m thinking it will steal a good few of Wow`s players.
    krazedkaoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By krazedkaoz

I'll at least give it a try.

Luchadeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Luchadeer

Ima get it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.