Warhammer Online

#1 Edited by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

So the new big MMO being released next month is Warhammer, and alot of people are talking and since Age Of Conan pretty much crashed and burned I have switched to Lord Of The Rings Online, and many other will go there own paths(to other mmo`s)

So will you be picking up War? and what is your opinion on the looks of this game, or will it not beable to handle the release of WOTLK?

Warhammer
#2 Edited by JonDavis (612 posts) -

That's a sizable image.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
JonDavis said:
"That's a sizable image."
I know, I just thought it fit well with the theme of the topic, you know, nice and pretty Warhammer cover.
I could change it if you like though.
#4 Posted by JonDavis (612 posts) -

Ha, no need, no need.

#5 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

I am very much looking forward to WAR. Currently awaiting patiently for my beta invite :D

#6 Posted by Billabong81 (61 posts) -

I plan on waiting a month or so to see what the general consensus is of the game.  If it is mostly good, I'll pick it up.  I preordered the $80 Age of Conan collector's edition and had WAR's on preorder as well, but have since cancelled it.  I'm waiting this time.

#7 Posted by AndrewGPM (117 posts) -

I think it will do very well but nothing will ever touch WoW's market. I might pick it up but I am pretty sick of paying monthly for playing a game.

#8 Edited by Xymox (2115 posts) -

Will try warhammer out. Already applied for beta.
Lich king, don't know about that. Sounds like a scam tbh. Why should everyone be able to make a level 55 character right away? It's like they are retconning the entire original game. Death Knight? More like Noob Knight.

Age of Conan, I'll probably play that in 1 or 2 years when I get a computer that can actually handle that game. I'd rather not play it on low, because low looks like it could be rendered with a voodoo 2 sli

#9 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -

I already own the best MMO.

My boss gives me quests at the start of the day, and i diligently carry them out to earn real gold!

Its a bit of a grind, though the results are generally positive. I might go buy some new clothes to deck out my character tommorrow.

The best thing is I dont need a second job to afford to play!

In my off time I can focus on playing the plethora of great games available on the market.

#10 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
Rowr said:
"I already own the best MMO.

My boss gives me quests at the start of the day, and i diligently carry them out to earn real gold!

Its a bit of a grind, though the results are generally positive. I might go buy some new clothes to deck out my character tommorrow.

The best thing is I dont need a second job to afford to play!

In my off time I can focus on playing the plethora of great games available on the market."
This sounds like a great game, is it hard to find?
#11 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -
Rowr said:
"I already own the best MMO.

My boss gives me quests at the start of the day, and i diligently carry them out to earn real gold!

Its a bit of a grind, though the results are generally positive. I might go buy some new clothes to deck out my character tommorrow.

The best thing is I dont need a second job to afford to play!

In my off time I can focus on playing the plethora of great games available on the market."
Hey I play the exact same MMO! Except I also play Age of Conan.........
#12 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta.

#13 Posted by Decimator (137 posts) -

I'm always looking forward to a new MMORPG. As for Warhammer Online I think it should be another great MMORP, but I'm still fed up with a subscription on Age of Conan. I used to play Age of Conan, but I barely have time for it, so I don't whether I'm going to play Warhammer Online or not.

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta."
Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly.
#15 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

might try it out

#16 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

After watching that interview with EA Mythic's Creative Director on WAR, I have officially jumped on the "excited" train for this game. Applied for the beta, hope to check it out!
If that game is as crazy as Paul Barnett, than....that game is gonna be nuts!

#17 Posted by Decimator (137 posts) -
Bucketdeth said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta."
Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly."
Do you have any confirmation on this then? If so, please send me a PM about it, made me a little curious. ;)
#18 Posted by Xymox (2115 posts) -
Decimator said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta."
Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly."
Do you have any confirmation on this then? If so, please send me a PM about it, made me a little curious. ;)"
The statistics speak for themselves. Check the age of conan forum on giant bomb dot com.
#19 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
Decimator said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Age of Conan crashed and burned?

And I'm hoping to get into the WAR beta."
Did you see the recent news on it? It may not have crash and burned, but it`s getting there very quickly."
Do you have any confirmation on this then? If so, please send me a PM about it, made me a little curious. ;)"
Here you go, It`s on many other gaming sites also.
#20 Posted by pause422 (6240 posts) -

I'm totally done with fantasy based mmo's,but if I don't get in the beta, I'll probably purchase a copy anyway just to see how it is, and mainly support the game since a few people I like are working on it.

#21 Edited by HitNRun (344 posts) -
Xymox said:
"Will try warhammer out. Already applied for beta.
Lich king, don't know about that. Sounds like a scam tbh. Why should everyone be able to make a level 55 character right away? It's like they are retconning the entire original game. Death Knight? More like Noob Knight.
Yeah, "scam" might actually be pretty accurate. WotLK seems like "that" expansion for WoW; what Trials of Atlantis was for DAOC, what Luclin was for EQ and, for the really hardcore, what Amatsu was for Ragnarok Online.

At some point, the feature-rush to keep people coming back becomes a hideous, sentient monstrosity that makes the game unplayable for people who played it before the expansion. The new features just overwhelm and trivialize what veteran players consider "the game."

Warhammer looks less promising than I hoped it would be, they're obviously rushing it which also makes me nervous, but I'll definitely give it a try. Collision-detection MMO combat alone makes it worth a go.
#22 Posted by mrhankey (695 posts) -

wait AoC crashed and burned? really? wasn't funcom's profits up this past quarter?

#23 Edited by Jynx (12 posts) -

Im thinking that WAR will be a good game standing by itself but with the amount of fanasy based MMO's out there, one being WoW, which like it or not totally ownes every other MMO because of it popularity and financial success, I find it hard to see WAR grab enough of a market share to establish itself well enough for long-term success. They look like they have some good things planned but its still way too similar to things that are already avalible. The MMO genre need something new and fresh if they want to gain any kind of dominance.

But hey, that's just my oppinion.

Oh and btw, about that WOTLK being a scam because of death nights post... you cant actually create a DK steight away. In fact you have to have a character that is over 55 to have the ability to make one so if you are a new player you still have to play the old game. Personally I hate the idea of the DK, its not a real hero class at all atm. But its only beta so things could change. I still think that WOTLK will provide enough to keep people playing WoW over other games like WAR.

#24 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
mrhankey said:
"wait AoC crashed and burned? really? wasn't funcom's profits up this past quarter?"
Yeah because of the release, now that it`s out and half the population has left, it`s the start of a quick downhill ride for failcom.
#25 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

it could be quite good, though im disapointed with the game graphicly, which doesn't look that good at all from what i've seen, especially when you compare the graphic quality that is in the new Warhammer Dawn Of War 2, which looks absolutely stunning

#26 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
VACkillers said:
"it could be quite good, though im disapointed with the game graphicly, which doesn't look that good at all from what i've seen, especially when you compare the graphic quality that is in the new Warhammer Dawn Of War 2, which looks absolutely stunning"
Yeah the graphics may be a little outdated but there not to bad. Seeing as this is a huge world and Warhammer:DOW2 is a RTS I can see it looking a little better.
But thats just my opinion : )
#27 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -
I wonder if Warhammer Online will have near the success as Blizzard's behemoth "World of Warcraft."
#28 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
Jordan23 said:
"I wonder if Warhammer Online will have near the success as Blizzard's behemoth "World of Warcraft."
"
I highly doubt they will get 10,000,000 players, but If I had to guess there going to get 2-4 million and I know thats still a very large amount, I`m thinking it will steal a good few of Wow`s players.
#29 Posted by krazedkaoz (71 posts) -

I'll at least give it a try.

#30 Posted by Luchadeer (105 posts) -

Ima get it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.