Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Warhammers way of dealing with spammers.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

If your playing Warhammer and you get a message that pops up saying something like "'Tchar’zanek has ordered the slaughter of [Name] and all others of his kind who weaken the Raven Host by providing wealth and power to the unworthy'  You just watched someone get band from WAR. 

Seen it 2 times today as i was playing, so i looked around and found out this is Warhammers way of handling spammers.

I think its cool they are doing it with class and speed.  The only thing i don't like is that the message pops up in the middle of the screen and you have to click "ok" to make it go away.  they should have had it pop up more to the side and fade away by itself.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By yellownumber5

Its awsome that they are doing this.  Unfortunate that they get all in your face about it.  I guess it helps drives it home to spammers and helps fixate in a slight way the names of those spammers to the public.  Maybe the fact it is annoying to the normal player can help push out spammers.  What can you do...

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gizmo

Honestly, the gold selling issue is one of the biggest problems with WoW, I myself have not got a good enough laptop to run War online. *sigh*

CyborgNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By CyborgNinja

Mythic has already banned 1097 gold sellers lol :P

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By demonbear

Btw did you know gold seller DO offer money to the devs directly to let them do their thing?

and apparantly thats a lot of money, check what Mark Jacob said on his blog :

BTW, for those who might be tempted to think that we are doing this so we could offer our own service or because we do make money off their boxes (traditionally, gold sellers will quickly shift to buddy disks and free trials though to lower their costs) let me tell you this. I’ve been offered “a piece of the action” both personally and corporately in the past if I will either turn a blind eye or help them in their actions. This would have netted me and/or Mythic a very, very tidy sum, far more than we would see from box sales. My answer was and always will remain the same:

Go to hell.

So yeah, they take gold spammers seriously.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

thats comforting to know they are doing what they can to fight the gold sellers.  those people drive me crazy, and worst than the gold sellers is the people who buy the gold.  I consider it cheating. 

On another note, I was looking at http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war and I noticed the 'banhammer' box that keeps a counter of how many people they've banned already.  That's great :)

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Knives
    Gizmo said:
    "Honestly, the gold selling issue is one of the biggest problems with WoW, I myself have not got a good enough laptop to run War online. *sigh*"
    It's not a big deal anymore. It's so easy to ignore and report them now.
    KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By KindGalaxy
    Out_On_Bail said:
    "thats comforting to know they are doing what they can to fight the gold sellers.  those people drive me crazy, and worst than the gold sellers is the people who buy the gold.  I consider it cheating. 

On another note, I was looking at http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war and I noticed the 'banhammer' box that keeps a counter of how many people they've banned already.  That's great :)"
    There are a shitload of Chinese compared to the number of banned. Rather be a Chinese Gold Farmer in Guangzhou City than a Timber Blind Mass Factory Line Worker in Guangdong Province. I've got personal friends who are gold workers in South China, they much prefer doing computer game farming than making jeans for Levi. Still, as a WAR subscriber, much rather no gold inflation or at least minimal gold inflation, really affects the game when we're buy 500 gold pieces of shit materials to ding up trades.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xxNBxx
    demonbear said:
    "Btw did you know gold seller DO offer money to the devs directly to let them do their thing?

and apparantly thats a lot of money, check what Mark Jacob said on his blog :

BTW, for those who might be tempted to think that we are doing this so we could offer our own service or because we do make money off their boxes (traditionally, gold sellers will quickly shift to buddy disks and free trials though to lower their costs) let me tell you this. I’ve been offered “a piece of the action” both personally and corporately in the past if I will either turn a blind eye or help them in their actions. This would have netted me and/or Mythic a very, very tidy sum, far more than we would see from box sales. My answer was and always will remain the same:

Go to hell.

So yeah, they take gold spammers seriously."
    I really wonder now if Bliz took the money.  Hope not.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    KindGalaxy said:
    "Out_On_Bail said:
    "thats comforting to know they are doing what they can to fight the gold sellers.  those people drive me crazy, and worst than the gold sellers is the people who buy the gold.  I consider it cheating. 

On another note, I was looking at http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war and I noticed the 'banhammer' box that keeps a counter of how many people they've banned already.  That's great :)"
    There are a shitload of Chinese compared to the number of banned. Rather be a Chinese Gold Farmer in Guangzhou City than a Timber Blind Mass Factory Line Worker in Guangdong Province. I've got personal friends who are gold workers in South China, they much prefer doing computer game farming than making jeans for Levi. Still, as a WAR subscriber, much rather no gold inflation or at least minimal gold inflation, really affects the game when we're buy 500 gold pieces of shit materials to ding up trades."
    Oh I'm sure there are.  I'm just happy to see them trying.  It's a battle that will probably never be completely won, but some are worth fighting regardless.  Gold-farming is one.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Patchinko

Yeah, I get spammed a ton in WAR still. They'll probably stop with the whispering adverts after they realize it isn't productive to get accounts and games banned. Props to the Mythic staff for it. :)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

So glad, they deserve to be fucking banned...those morons got away with too much before.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By OGCartman

Haha ye i heard about that, damn awesome if u ask me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.