Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhawk

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 28, 2007

Based on the original PlayStation game of the same name, Warhawk for the PlayStation 3 opts for team-based multiplayer action on the ground and in the air instead of single-player flight combat.

Warhawk Bunch of New Stuff! [1.5 Patch Details]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So since the release of warhawk, what have we gotten? 2 new maps, 2 new vehicles (Dropship/APC), 2 new weapons (wrench/biofield), 2 new game modes (Hero/Collection), as well as a ton of side features such as clan rooms, more settings, new WH skins, and so on.

WELL, in 1.5, we will be getting yet another 'vehicle' as well as a new map. But that's not all... one word; TROPHIES. So a list of trophies leaked out on the net yesterday or so, listing 57 trophies for the game, and trust me, they are not going to be easy. A few of the trophies had a description about jetpacks, such as hit an enemy who is flying a jet pack, or kill another enemy on a jetpack. Also leaked a new map. There are 36 Bronze trophies, 13 Silver trophies, 7 Gold trophies, and of course, 1 Platinum trophy for acquiring all other trophies. Oh, and 10 of the trophies are hidden/secret ones...  So here they are;

Bronze Trophies

• Anti-Camper *Secret/Hidden*

Kill an enemy in a Missile or Flak Turret after that enemy has achieved at least five kills in that type of turret.

• Daredevil *Secret/Hidden*

Get 100 feet off the ground in a ground vehicle. Does not count if the vehicle is being carried by a Dropship.

• Hit List *Secret/Hidden*

Kill every member of the opposing team at least once during a round.

• Minesweeper *Secret/Hidden*

Get killed by Proximity Mines five times in a single round.

• Reckless *Secret/Hidden*

Pilot Commit suicide in a Warhawk by running into your own Aerial Mine.

• Vengeance *Secret/Hidden*

Kill an enemy within 60 seconds of that enemy killing you.

• What's That Green Line? *Secret/Hidden*

Get killed by a Binoculars strike while piloting an aircraft.

• Anti-Air Ninja

Shoot down a Warhawk with any infantry weapon other than a Rocket Launcher.

• Bandit Award

Earn all in-game badges at Bandit level.

• Chief Sergeant

Achieve a rank of Chief Sergeant.

• Collector

Capture four cores at once in Collection mode.

• Combat Driver

Complete Vehicle Combat Training.

• Cowboy

Play a perfect Team Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).

• Dead-Eye

Achieve a sniper kill from more than 2,500 feet away.

• Dumbfire

Destroy an enemy aircraft with a dumbfired Swarm or Homing Missile.

• Emergency Evasion

Break at least 6 simultaneous missile locks using Chaff.

• Enlistee

Join a clan.

• Ground Pounder

Complete Ground Combat Training.

• Hat Trick

Get three flag captures in a single round of CTF.

• How Did You Do That?

Destroy an enemy aircraft with a Cluster Bomb.

• Invincible

While on foot, take at least 250 damage within 10 seconds without dying.

• Irony

Kill an enemy with his own Proximity Mine.

• Lone Wolf

Play a perfect Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).

• One In A Million

Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.

• Overkill

Destroy an enemy aircraft with a volley of 8 Swarm Missiles.

• Pilot's License

Complete Warhawk Combat Training.

• Recognition of Merit

Earn any five in-game medals

• Remote Pilot

Destroy an enemy aircraft with a TOW Missile.

• Resourceful Driver

Achieve a road kill and a .50 cal kill using the same 4x4, without dismounting.

• Rivalry

Win a clan match (red server) as either clan leader or a regular member.

• Saboteur

Destroy an enemy vehicle with the Field Wrench.

• Survivalist

Survive for one minute as the hero in Hero mode.

• Tail Shaker

Destroy an enemy aircraft with an Aerial Mine within 5 seconds of deploying it.

• Taxi Driver

Help a teammate capture the flag (in CTF) or cogs (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.

• Warlord

Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)

• World Victory

Control all capturable bases in a Zones match, and reduce the enemy's home base to level 1.

Silver Trophies

• Canyon *Secret/Hidden*

Run Using a Warhawk, shoot down an enemy Warhawk in the central gorge in Vaporfield Glacier.

• King of the Jungle Gym *Secret/Hidden*

Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.

• Safety Violation *Secret/Hidden*

Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.

• Aerial Ballet

While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.

• Are You Aim-Botting?

Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.

• Behind Enemy Lines

Drive an APC into the enemy's home base, then have at least one teammate spawn into that APC.

• Commander

Achieve a rank of Commander.

• Decorated Soldier

Earn any 15 in-game medals.

• Flying Fortress

Awarded to the driver and all six passengers of a fully-loaded Dropship.

• Giant Killer

Shoot down an enemy Dropship while using a Warhawk.

• Lt. Colonel

Achieve a rank of Lt. Colonel.

• Master Award

Earn all in-game badges at Master level.

• Shield Breaker

Break an enemy E-POD shield using the Lightning Shell.

Gold Trophies

• Bandwidth Donor

• Host a ranked dedicated server for four consecutive hours.

• Executive Honor

Earn all in-game medals.

• General

Achieve a rank of General.

• Porcupine

Destroy an enemy Warhawk with the APC's E-POD shield.

• Surgical Strike

Shoot down a Dropship with a Binoculars strike.

• That Was Some Bug

Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.

• Warhawk Award

Earn all in-game badges at Warhawk level.

Platinum Trophy

• Warhawk Supreme Achievement

All your base trophies are belong to platinum.

Now I know what you're probably thinking; holly shit, im never going to get that platinum trophy. Even the bronze trophies seem really hard. THESE are what trophies should be like; REAL SKILL.

Now granted not all of them require skill, but a hell of a lot of them do.

If you didn't notice, several of these trophies revealed that jetpacks exist and are coming with this patch;

Aerial Ballet -- While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.
    Are You Aim-Botting? -- Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.

Who knows how they will work, but expect a blog post from our friend Dylan Jobe on it this month, in the coming weeks. It might be like a vehicle, where you press square to get on, or it might be like a weapon, where you pick it up then use it whenever. Who know, your guess is as good as mine!

Also revealed, a new map, which apparently has a... "salvage crane"?

Safety Violation -- Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.

The trophies also revealed that there will FINALLY be tutorial missions for all those newbies who have no clue what to do. :P Now some of the trophies will be retroactive, but some won't since they are new. The patch ALSO includes in-game music support!

It all comes out on August 27th! VERY soon.

So what do you think? I'm hyped to go back and play WH again, it is truly packed with gameplay.
    unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By unworthyBOZO

very cool thanks for the info

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Suh-weet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally going back to WH for this. Since I haven't had access to PSN for the past several months (out of country) I missed out on the new snow map, & APC vehicles. :( So this will totally bring me back for a new experience, especially with jet packs and trophies.

I really wonder how the jetpacks will work though... they could totally ruin the whole concept of tanks if they are not balanced right.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Awesome update, ty  for news, been wondering when it was coming. Any idea what the new 'vehicle' is going to be? if Jetpack isn't what they're refering to,cuz its not really a vehicle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No clue, have they been talking about a new vehicle? Jetpack is what I am hyped for to be honest, I LOVE them.

I just hope they balance it in a good way, like use it for limited time/limited gas/limited about of jetpacks on the level/limited spawn points for jetpacks, etc etc. But if they do balance it well, it could be bad ass. Imagine flying up with a rocket launcher and taking out a WH, or flying above and past a war on a bridge down below. It could be awesome.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Hey, thanks for the information Sentry. :)

You know, about three months ago, I sent Mr. Jobe (The guy in charge of the development team, I think) an email telling him about the idea of a jetpack being included, and he told me it sounded cool. I don't know if I'm the one who actually brought this on, but it's so sweet that I'm getting what I asked for!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Well you stated up there, we're getting another 'vehicle' and a new map :P thats the only place I've seen it talked about so far, did you just mean the Jetpack?

I'm totally into Jetpacks waay more now, since I been playing the Red Faction Guerilla Beta, there is jetpacks in that game and I would love them in anything  now lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheJollyRajah said:
    "Hey, thanks for the information Sentry. :)

You know, about three months ago, I sent Mr. Jobe (The guy in charge of the development team, I think) an email telling him about the idea of a jetpack being included, and he told me it sounded cool. I don't know if I'm the one who actually brought this on, but it's so sweet that I'm getting what I asked for!"
    No problem. :) And yeah, trust me you weren't the only one asking for jetpacks! :P Not to burst your bubble, but there are Warhawk freaks in the PS forums who just shit out ideas after ideas of stuff for the game, its insane, a lot of the ideas are actually really good. But yeah a bunch of people there were asking for jetpacks for months now.

And if nailed it sounds really sweet, I loved them in GTA SA! :P

pause422 said:
    "Well you stated up there, we're getting another 'vehicle' and a new map :P thats the only place I've seen it talked about so far, did you just mean the Jetpack?

I'm totally into Jetpacks waay more now, since I been playing the Red Faction Guerilla Beta, there is jetpacks in that game and I would love them in anything  now lol"

Sorry I meant jetpack, which is why i said "vehicle", lol sorry. XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the trophies I am guessing these jetpacks are going to be quite fast. And people will be able to lock onto them with rockets, hence not being able to kill enemy in jetpack with rocket to unlock that trophy. And since the other one is named 'aim botting' or something, where you have to snipe someone flying a jetpack, that makes me think that they will go fast, a lot faster thenrunning lol.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

ah ok, anyway that sounds really sweet.. can't wait for the update, I sometimes go awhile without playing games online until an update or some new content gets me back into it, and I'll gladly get into some warhawk again.

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Nik_NYG

I never see the sropship in any of the games I play. I have the DL though. I don't know if I like the Idea of a jetpack.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

Damn... Some of those sound ridiculously hard.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By AndrewGaspar

It's cool to see something that people have been asking for for so long coming out. Jetpacks = :-)

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By normajean777

ahh warhawk my fav. multiplayer game this gen i mean i am addicted to this game. i have been playing it at least once a day for about 4months. now i got it when i got my ps3 but i never got into it until one day. i just put it in and started to play and then i couldnt stop. the only problem i have is why does nobody plays hero man that mode is fun as hell. But i cant wait till this is released. they just keep on giving with this game. i wish the trophys were up today because i got the one were you have to drop a cluster bomb on a warhawk and kill it.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PenguinNerd
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Damn... Some of those sound ridiculously hard."
    Yeah!  Especially the one where you have to kill the guy in a jet pack with another vehicle! 
    thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thelastguy

Wow, I haven't played warhawk in a while.  So the only ones I would be able to get would be the clan one and the server one :P

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SOedipus

Wow, I'm not even going to try to get those. I'll just start playing it again when the update is up and hopefully I just unlock them as I play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I alot of them are tough. Have you guys seen some of the PAIN trophies!? DAMN.

This is why I love trophies, because they aren't some shit like "Trophy Unlocked for beating level 2", that is just ridiculous. These actually require some skill, and thats what the whole concept was originally supposed to be about.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

I noticed pain is getting them when the new expansion amusment part or w/e its called comes out in september, didn't see what they were though.. hard stuff?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they sound pretty hard. Just like PJ Eden trophies/SSHD trophies have been, and Uncharted trophies are pretty tough too. But I like the fact that games getting patched for trophies and hopefully future trophy titles as well, are actually difficult. Jeff from the PS Blog totally called out/pwned some guy who was pssing about trophies being too hard to get lol.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By calf_exercises

man, they're rough.
    That said I might go back to warhawk once the update is out

Elsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Elsa

I don't know that we'll see the new map or jetpacks directly in the 1.5 update... this is likely a new booster pack that they will sell separately.

The game update will allow for the trophy system, they may make the usual tweaks to gameplay, and it is supposed to give out the Participants and Winners knives to those who played in the tournament... but I really doubt that they would include a booster pack directly in a free content update - especially so soon after adding the two new free modes.

It's already been inferred that there will be four booster packs in total.  Dylan Jobe let this slip when discussing the trophies and that some of them would be attainable through the 4 booster packs.

So if you want jet packs... be prepared to fork over a few bucks for them.  Frankly the cost is low considering the game play value that a new vehicle and map adds to the game... especially as the vehicle is usually usable on the core maps as well.  The money we pay for those booster packs has likely supported much of the free updating and the continual care they take with the game.... so I hope people BUY the booster packs and don't rip off the developers by "sharing" them with their friends.

.... the person you rip off most by sharing pay content is yourself.  If the developers don't make a profit, then they can't re-invest in maintaining the existing game, making it better, or even working on a new  game for us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well trophies are coming out then, so the booster pack has to come out around that time as well I would assume.

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By filiwian

Sounds great, it sounds hard but I'll give it a try.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thelastguy
    Sentry said:
    "Well trophies are coming out then, so the booster pack has to come out around that time as well I would assume."
    This game is well past it's prime for me.  Incognito should focus on a new game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelastguy said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Well trophies are coming out then, so the booster pack has to come out around that time as well I would assume."
    This game is well past it's prime for me.  Incognito should focus on a new game."
    For YOU, but there are still a LOT of people playing this game, a large community, that they want to support. And who says they aren't working on a new game? They are.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By KingBroly

Problem with these trophies is that in order to get a Platinum Trophy, you need to be a General.  And less than 200 people in the world right now have that rank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingBroly said:
    "Problem with these trophies is that in order to get a Platinum Trophy, you need to be a General.  And less than 200 people in the world right now have that rank."
    True. Well I will make it there eventually I think. :P Not THAT hard if you know what games to play and how to play them, just takes a looong time. I can get all the other trophies though, going to be hard, but its possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.