Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Rumour: Watch_Dogs releasing March 21st + Driveclub

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

An errant listing by an online retailer has let slip that Ubisoft’s highly anticipated open-world title will be dropping on the 21st of March. ..

Ubisoft twisted the knife by remaining mum over the exact release date, leaving gamers in a state of limbo.

Now it seems that the cat is out the bag. A recent listing by online retailer ShopTo has the release date for all versions of the game mentioned as the 21st of March. The skeptics amongst you will probably be unmoved by this, but these guys seem pretty confident. Scroll down and there is a guarantee given by ShopTo, which says, “We are so confident that you will receive Watch Dogs for Friday 21st of March 2014 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account.”

Well, I’m sold. For those who are still in doubt, this is as good a chance as any to earn £5.00.

Incidentally, March 21 is the same day another open-world action game is being released. A little title by the name of Infamous: Second Son for the PS4. Ubisoft must be pretty confident that they have a winner on their hands if they plan to go toe to toe with arguably PS4′s biggest exclusive so far. By all accounts, their confidence is justified. Watch Dogs has been in development for over five years and has been showered with glowing praise by anyone who has had a chance to see it in action. ..

VR-Zone: ‘Watch Dogs’ rumored for late March release

Well, its better than a June release, or somewhere pre-E3. March is shaping up to be a great month, really. Wolfenstein, Infamous, Titanfall, and now Watch_Dogs. Dope!

I like the underscore. Oh hey right, and no release date for The Crew, huh?

Actually, a couple of websites are pointing out, that at least Shopto GameStop says, that Driveclub is also supposed to be out on March 21st. 3rd. Makes some more sense.. Uh?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GaspoweR

Well, considering Watch Dogs is a mutli-plat release and Second Son is an exclusive, I'm sure Ubisoft is probably confident with their pre-order sales to be releasing simultaneously, if this date turns out to be final.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wish it was like january 21

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hm, is there a 5 dollar (or euro I should say) charge for pre-ordering the game with them? If there is, they wouldn't really lose money since the worst that could happen is a wash. I'm just sitting here thinking of a reason why a retailer would make a promise like that. Just seems odd I guess. I usually don't put much weight on retailers slapping release dates on games for pre-ordering purposes.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zornack

South Park, Dark Souls 2, Titanfall, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, MGS V, Infamous: Second Son, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls and Watch_Dogs and maybe Driveclub all in March? That's insane. A year's worth of games released in the span of 21 days.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Could it be in May Ubi? I'll be playing Infamous and would like to buy your game at full price. If they release the same day I'll just wait till I beat some games and get it a few months later at half the cost.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I fucking hope not. Christ March is already STAAAAAAAAAACKED.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigjeffrey

#DRIVECLUB

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ripelivejam

whats this about race cars in watchy dawgs

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Man...Watch Dogs better be freaking incredible if it's going to live up any of this hype. I smell disaster on this one.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By BaneFireLord

@mb: Hate to say it, but I'm kinda with you on this one. After seeing one of the last gameplay demos they released, which consisted of Aiden doing the same old Ubisoft-open-world-"go here kill dudes sync up unlock missions yay!" thing, my expectations took a meteoric drop. And after that last minute delay...yeah, I've gone from hyped to incredibly skeptical of the game's quality.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous

But I'm already buying Dark Souls 2 and Reaper of Souls in March.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I highly doubt either games will come out in March. I see Watch_Dogs coming in May and DriveClub seems like a February or April game. No way Sony would pit DriveClub and inFamous together.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#14  Edited By mechakirby

Placeholder because that's the end of the quarter.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JayEH

Driveclub, Watch Dogs, and Infamous won't come out on the same day.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That would be a great rumor, but honestly I can see this game being delayed until October 2014 at this point. However that would interfere with their plans for Assassin's Creed again....So then they'll see that AC is getting good traction and then they'll delay it until early 2015.

Then they release The Division in early 2015 and they don't want to have Watch_Dogs and The Division come out so close so they delay it again.

Eventually Ubisoft shows a gameplay demo of a brand new franchise that has a lot of elements from Watch_Dogs.

By the end of it all, Watch_Dogs becomes the new Rainbow Six Patriots.

Can you imagine? That would be such bullshit. But hey Ubisoft loves scrapping entire games or games that seem pretty much finished (Splinter Cell Conviction, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, etc...)

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rumor on Driveclub is its coming out on Feb 28th in Europe.

Also fuck March: Infamous, Titanfall, Darksouls 2, Final Fantasy X HD, Phantom Pain, and now maybe Watchdogs...

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Seems like a plausible date, with it probably being the end of Ubi's fiscal year and all. That said, that ShopTo site uses the exact same guarantee text on every pre-order page that has a date associated with it. So it's not really some special case where they're guaranteeing delivery because they're so sure about Watch Dogs or anything. Not sure why the story you're quoting feels the need to act persuasively about it. All it means is that they've entered a date in their system.

They do seem good about not making up too many other dates, though. Bayonetta and KH3 are in there without a date at all. So their system can handle games without release dates. I suppose that date had to come from somewhere...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By crithon

march seems good, ..... soooooooooooo how buggy is the game now?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Funkydupe

They've had the Driveclub name registered for 10 years. You can check it... online.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be great since I'm getting a ps4 soon.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RonGalaxy

Really hope this turns out to be true.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Getting really tired of how clumped video game releases get.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm putting my chips down on April/May. March is just a suicide month at this point and anything earlier we would've had the date already. Anything past May is generally a deadzone (although it would be great to have a good game during summer) and fall is too far away.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

March is the new November.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mb: Hate to say it, but I'm kinda with you on this one. After seeing one of the last gameplay demos they released, which consisted of Aiden doing the same old Ubisoft-open-world-"go here kill dudes sync up unlock missions yay!" thing, my expectations took a meteoric drop. And after that last minute delay...yeah, I've gone from hyped to incredibly skeptical of the game's quality.

Yep. The gameplay looks like it's going back to ACII levels, but with "hacking" elements. No thanks.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Gamestop is saying march 3rd for Driveclub at the moment... Link

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's both good and bad news for me if this is true. Good that I get to play Watch Dogs sooner than I expected, but it will also clash with with my Dark Souls II playing time.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@trilogy said:

Hm, is there a 5 dollar (or euro I should say) charge for pre-ordering the game with them? If there is, they wouldn't really lose money since the worst that could happen is a wash. I'm just sitting here thinking of a reason why a retailer would make a promise like that. Just seems odd I guess. I usually don't put much weight on retailers slapping release dates on games for pre-ordering purposes.

The upside for the retailer is that they have given you a reason to buy more stuff from them. Not exactly a convincing reason for the date to be true, but getting it out by the end of Ubisoft's fiscal year is. March 21 seems like a completely reasonable date

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.