Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Sports Resort

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 25, 2009

Take a trip to the tropical Wuhu Island and partake in 12 sports-themed mini-games in this sequel to the popular Wii pack-in game Wii Sports.

Wii Sports Resort E3 Trailer

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

For those who missed it in the conference.

FEATURES:
    • Wuhu Island has so many things to do, there’s never a dull moment. A dozen activities await visitors: Archery,
    Frisbee®, Basketball, Cycling, Canoeing, Power Cruising, Table Tennis, Air Sports, Bowling, Swordplay, Golf
    and Wakeboarding

• The activities use the precision controls of the Wii MotionPlus accessory to help players come much closer to
    the physical reality of engaging in the actual sports. Every real-world action, whether it’s a perfect drive on the
    fairway or a slice off the course, is meant to be faithfully replicated.

• Each activity has multiple fun challenges designed to keep visitors coming back for more. Basketball players
    might compete in a three-point shootout or jump into a three-on-three pickup game. Archery enthusiasts must
    aim for the bull’s-eye across ever-increasing distances and obstacles.

• Different activities use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ controllers in different ways. For example, players hold
    the Wii Remote like a paddle in Canoeing, while in Cycling they use both arms to “pedal” with the two
    controllers. The Wii MotionPlus accessory picks up every nuance of motion and translates it onto the TV screen.

• Depending on the activity, players can compete solo or against other players. Some activities even let players
    team up to work cooperatively.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Archery, Sword fighting, ping pong all these things sound great, but i really dont want to buy enough wii motion pluses for everyone to play..... i guess i have to unless i want to have the sucky experience

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, there should be more than 12 sports after all I guess, as "air sports" involved more than just the skydiving/parachuting! THE PLANE IS BACK!

@Mike, I don't think any are more than 2 player? And even if they are, just play in pairs... Also, there's tons of bundles that you save money on by buying them. This, Red Steel 2, Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis all have bundles I believe, so for the price of one remote you can get two ($10 cheaper in a bundle than stand alone, or something like that).
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Archery, Sword fighting, ping pong all these things sound great, but i really dont want to buy enough wii motion pluses for everyone to play..... i guess i have to unless i want to have the sucky experience "
    If its anything like the first Wii Sports, everything thats not directly head to head can be played with one remote. Otherwise, borrow a friends when you have people over or buy one of the games that are bundled with it (there seem to be a plethora of those)
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Wow, they also have kayaking, and full disc golf as well. This is rapidly growing to be a must buy. From saying they had 10 sports, to reducing them to 8, now they even UNDERnumber them by including frisbee + disc golf in one, and other such ommissions. I think it's gonna be an awesome Motion Plus playground once it's out... IGN says the disc golf is even much better than Tiger Woods 10's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.