Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Crytek Very Happy with WiiU Dev-Kit Peformance

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Crytek's Cevat Yerli has recently said the company are very happy with WiiU's hardware capabilities:

"As for the latest round of tech that we do know about, Yerli may not be particularly taken with the PlayStation Vita (Jones is more diplomatic, and says Crytek will work with the machine when the timing is right and the interest from licensees is significant) but he's excited about the Nintendo Wii U.

The specs are very good," Yerli enthuses. It's a challenge for designers, but once thought through it can add value, and that's what ultimately important. Our guys in Nottingham they are very happy with their tests on the dev kits and they're excited about it."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31012733&postcount=6011

In other tech related news, this rumour is now doing the rounds:

"I know a person who is an investor of MoSys and other technological companies, we talked about Wii U a few days ago and I became surprised with a comment from him about the new console:

"Wii U uses 28nm manufacturing process from NEC and 1T-SRAM from MoSys"

I asked him how he could know this and he told me that this information has been shared to the investors of MoSys, because the Nintendo partnership is an important one for them and any signal of losing the deal can be very dangerous for the health of MoSys business. Since he isn´t a technical person I didn´t ask him about technical specs, but the 28nm comment was very interesting."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31012733&postcount=6011

Interesting..I expect Nintendo will wait till GDC to go official with any specification details - this is all rumour and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mentalnova

Nottingham, aka Free Radical Design

Sounds like TimeSplitters 4 if it's going to be a game for 360, PS3 as well (which it most certainly will)

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThePaleKing

I sure hope this means a new Time Splitters title for the WiiU.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MarxMygdala

Crytek has lost its fucking soul and will suck anyone's cock for a dollar today.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

I stopped listening to Cevat Yerli when he said that an 8800GTS would run Crysis on high settings and that quad core was recommended for Crysis.

Firstly, the 8800GTS could barely run the game, (smoothly) I was getting less than 20FPS at times on my 8800GTX at 1920x1200 so imagine how well the GTS fared.

Secondly, Crysis didn't even utilise more than two cores. That might have changed now but at the time of release it certainly wasn't.

and you know, thirdly, they was pushing DX10 down our throats like we were cheap hookers and guess what? DX10 looked identical to DX9, you could get all the extra features by editing a config file.

Taking that into account, and the fabricated Crysis footage the guy is full of shit.

Crysis looks nothing like that, nor are the differences between DX9 and DX10 accurately portrayed. Only when heavily modded on custom maps does the game look anything like this video. Let's not forget his anti-console statements either, which he has gone back on twice now. Crysis ain't possible on console, yo!

I don't even think Crytek are particularly relevant, they haven't put out a great game in a while. Crysis and Crysis 2 were both pretty average, look great, but that's it. Garbage story, throwaway characters, tedious gameplay.

I have faith in the Nottingham branch, but only because it's a lot of Free Radical. The team behind Crysis do nothing for me.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By swoxx

@Contro said:

This is the WiiU forum.

wat?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

Haha, I know. I hope they have somebody different hyping whatever the next project they do is because I can't take anything the man says seriously.

As with rumours, take whatever Cevat says with a pinch of salt.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Berserk007

yeah great, will it actually have any games worth playing on it though? That's the real question

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

fuck crytek

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By EuanDewar

You're totes Linky aren't you?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

Positive news about Nintendo at the GB forum, let's cry conspiracy.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro

@Mentalnova said:

Sounds like TimeSplitters 4 if it's going to be a game for 360, PS3 as well (which it most certainly will)

You could be right, rumours surrounding a new TS have been circulating for a good while now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

Is it just me or, did no one else notice you put his last name first, and first name last? It's Cevat Yerli, not Yerli Cevat. Or am I missing something? Anyways, whatever Crytek does, I'm interested. So... cool.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By dbz1995
    @Mentalnova said:

Everytime I see that name my heart skips a beat.
    Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mentalnova

@Contro said:

@Mentalnova said:

You could be right, rumours surrounding a new TS have been circulating for a good while now.

@dbz1995:

Actually it's just going to be Homefront 2.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By mariokart64fan

if it is timesplitters 4 and being exclusive well --- that would make it the third nintendo console to have launched with a exclusive game of the fps style i hope it is true , and be even more happy if its exclusive, - but if not ill buy all 3 versions like i did with ts2 and ts3 lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.